IGNORED

Luke Ayling MoM

where's the joy

Ok i grant you the Cheltenham Races "Pissgate" hiatus didn't reflect well on our club

but selling Luke Ayling for 750k and replacing him with inferior players like Hunt at 1.8M has been madness

he was outstanding yesterday on behalf of a gritty cynical Leeds effort and comfortably their MoM. (Bailey-Wright being my City MoM, but out of a poor, poor team effort)  

Ayling's weight of touch our team just couldn't emulate and we as usual only put in any concerted pressure for 30 min's or so

Will we ever shake off our inferiority complex and go at teams from the off?

ps just got back from greg good ridge's homeland and what do i see but this nice little bar, but sadly a reminder that we are still Little Bristol 

IMG_2480.JPG

10 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Ok i grant you the Cheltenham Races "Pissgate" hiatus didn't reflect well on our club

but selling Luke Ayling for 750k and replacing him with inferior players like Hunt at 1.8M has been madness

he was outstanding yesterday on behalf of a gritty cynical Leeds effort and comfortably their MoM. (Bailey-Wright being my City MoM, but out of a poor, poor team effort)  

Ayling's weight of touch our team just couldn't emulate and we as usual only put in any concerted pressure for 30 min's or so

ps just got back from greg good ridge's homeland and what do i see but this nice little bar, but sadly a reminder that we are still Little Bristol 

He's a cheating *****r.

Did everything he could to get our players booked throughout the match.

And his 1 minute time wasting throws were in the spirit of the game?

For me a MOM should be the epitome of fair play, adhering to the rules and sportsmanship.....

Ayling blatantly  assisted Leeds in cheating their way through the second half.....not for me.

7 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

And his 1 minute time wasting throws were in the spirit of the game?

For me a MOM should be the epitome of fair play, adhering to the rules and sportsmanship.....

Ayling blatantly  assisted Leeds in cheating their way through the second half.....not for me.

Until you have referees who are strong enough to stop the time wasting it will carry on including from our players. 

5 minutes ago, gordie said:

Until you have referees who are strong enough to stop the time wasting it will carry on including from our players. 

Didn't realise that the new punishment for balant time wasting was the Referee standing still with his arm raised pointing at his watch!!

1 hour ago, where's the joy said:

IMG_2480.JPG

Yesterday he behaved like an immature 5yr old,constantly cheating,whining & play acting..cretinous.

Very happy this horrible thing ain't here no more.

53 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Only 2 weeks ago Leeds fans were calling for him to be dropped. Not surprised that he raised his game against us and if they go up I couldn’t see him getting many games. He did well for us but even now I wouldn’t have him back.

He would be LJ’s perfect RB in the current system.  We won’t ever get him back, but imho we should’ve never let him go.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He had a very good game. Don't get what was wrong with selling him, his contract was running down. Did we not offer him a new deal? Yes he played well yesterday, but he certainly wasn't playing well for us before we sold him. Matthews was first choice while on loan, and Little was ahead of him too wasn't he?

Think you’re thinking of Freeman.  Ayling has a year to go, but LJ told him he wouldn’t play all the time with Matthews and Little.  Freeman went in the January with 6 months left and wouldn’t sign a deal.

Loved the bloke when he was here and thought he was excellent yesterday. No doubt there was lots of example of him pushing the rules slightly, but, just like Cunningham, he was exactly the same when he played for us so I feel it’s a bit rich to get upset about it when he’s doing it for the opposition.

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else on the forum, but I thought this tweet from Pontus Jansson was interesting..

CB5C9A0D-0A8A-4608-A175-E964DCCEF37B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

He's a cheating *****r.

Did everything he could to get our players booked throughout the match.

Did it work? Did it frustrate us? 

I said ages ago that it was a dumb decision to sell him and my mate who is a Leeds fan has loved him from the moment he arrived. Says he works really hard, gets stuck in, gives his all for the club and he would "love more like him". 

As much as people want to complain about him time wasting, playing up etc that's the referees job to deal with that and can anyone name a single Premier League team who doesn't have someone similar. 

Plenty of our fans said he wasn't good enough to play Championship footbal when he was here and next season he could be playing in the Premier League. It's not the first time our fans have been wrong and bitter about a player who's left us and it won't be the last. He's better than any of our RB options and if you offered me Wright or Ayling as RB I'd bite your hand off to get Ayling. 

End of the day he's moved on, he's improved, he's picked up the Leeds attitude of win at all costs and it's working. 

I think people forget that Luke ayling wanted to move to Leeds United!! 

In hindsight it wasn't our best buisness but at the time we had Adam Matthews playing well and keeping him out of the team and his contract was running down and he received an offer from a bigger club earning more money. 

Yesterday I thought he was like a little kid. His diving was embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ayling was class for us. 

Pretty sure that his time was marked here from the point LJ arrived... as were all Cotts’ players pretty much. Sad really. That promotion squad needed very little adjustment. 

Only Korey left, who Lee has at Oldham.

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I think people forget that Luke ayling wanted to move to Leeds United!! 

In hindsight it wasn't our best buisness but at the time we had Adam Matthews playing well and keeping him out of the team and his contract was running down and he received an offer from a bigger club earning more money. 

Yesterday I thought he was like a little kid. His diving was embarrassing.

Who wouldn’t want a move to a “bigger club” after being given no assurances about his future here.  First thing Pembo did in his caretaker spell was put him at RB in a 442 v Boro.  Pretty clear, club wanted him gone.  Much as I love Litts, you don’t bring back Matthews on loan, and keep both Litts and Ayling.

My biggest gripe is that we only got £750k for him....that was not great negotiating from MA.

He was like a little kid yesterday, winds me up, but he had a better game than any City player yesterday.

We should’ve got more money for Ayling. When we sold him Johnson said something like well he’s not really a centre back or a right back at the moment and is good as a third centre back, but in our system the place for him isn’t really there.  But now he’s one of the best right backs in the championship. Poor bit of business but perhaps more than a little of the Cheltenham Races behind it. 

Ayling had a great game, particularly when an out-of-position Semenyo was trying to stop his runs.

He should've been booked for the most pathetic dive I've seen since Pogba visited.  Early second half, in front of the Dolman.

I imagine he went to Leeds because they could pay him more money. That's the way in football, as it is in all other jobs.

Archived