IGNORED

Crowd control v Leeds

Marlborough Red

Do the boys in blue ever learn.?

Why weren't the Leeds fans held back yesterday for 10 minutes to allow City fans to exit first ? The recent Swansea match caused crowd control issues and I would have hoped the Police would have learned from this.

Yesterday the Leeds fans were allowed to leave immediately at the end of the match. I left the  Lansdown and walked towards Ashton Park . Stewards initially kept us to the left  separating us from rowdy exciting Leeds fans but as soon as we got to  "Wedlocks " we immediately came together with the Leeds fans

I saw one middle aged man have his City hat grabbed and taken , luckily he didn't react but the situation was volatile and could easily have kicked off.

Fortunately the heavy police presence seemed to stop any trouble from flaring up but crowd control could surely have been improved if  the Leeds fans exit was delayed by a few minutes.

It's rarely done anywhere now, and probably with good reason. 

Firstly, it doesn't work. Just allows the home team's idiots time to gather, and means that when they do come out it's en masse, wound up, etc. I guess, better to allow both sets to drift out, stopping for a pee and so on.

Secondly, and I'd certainly be on board with this one, I'm fed up of every fan being treated like a potential lout, criminal whatever, just because a small minority are. 

There were definitelythings going on after the final whistle yesterday, people getting separated outside Al's tikka grill and then punches thrown outside the tobacco factory. 

No idea what it was all about, and I'm not claiming that it was big trouble, but again (after their performance at Swansea game) makes me think A&S police aren't very good at what they do

Do they not remember any of the lessons learned, which helped to calm the trouble in the 80s and 90s?

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think one bobble hat pinched is a result for Avon & Somerset; they've had worse days, as we all know and have seen.

I reckon the chief super will "set us up" the same, Tuesday.

Heard the Chief Super is a bit of a tinkerman, so expect changes to formation and personnel ?

People should be free to go about their lawful business. 

What's needed is proper punishment. 

5 years for punching someone unprovoked might be a start. 

I've never punched anyone so will be safe. 

That chap at Birmingham yesterday, he'll not be punished. Maybe a fine and a suspended sentence at best. The latter being almost meaningless. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

That chap at Birmingham yesterday, he'll not be punished. Maybe a fine and a suspended sentence at best. The latter being almost meaningless. 

That Birmingham fan will get 2 years in Winson Green i'd imagine.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

He's pleaded guilty and will be sentenced this afternoon.

Hope he goes down, then he'll have a chance of improving his, lack of, boxing skills!

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

He's pleaded guilty and will be sentenced this afternoon.

Hope he goes down, then he'll have a chance of improving his, lack of, boxing skills!

:)

Maybe stick him in the ring for a televised boxing match. Bit of a laugh. 

Similarly, I think footballers who feign injury should be banned until such time as they participate in a rugby match. Give them some perspective on what a painful tackle actually feels like. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Similarly, I think footballers who feign injury should be banned until such time as they participate in a rugby match. Give them some perspective on what a painful tackle actually feels like. 

Send them to Kavos on a shagging spree, then they'll find out ?

Saw the altercation along by The Tobacco Factory. All men that should be old enough to know better, 40s/50s. One Leeds fan goading some City fans. A bigger group formed, one teenage boy and his dad, and a chap in a wheelchair got caught up in it all. Some suspect punches thrown. One guy fell in the road and took a bit of a kicking. Another balding, unfit City fan ran at a Leeds fan. As soon as he was confronted he ducked and ran. Embarrassing. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If he gets sent down, I dont think the Boxing ring will be the ring causing him problems.

21 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

A number of fans have been jailed for attacking players but this one was a very high profile televised game so I reckon he will be made an example of.

I’m afraid that this tit is most probably PROUD of his actions. He will be telling his mates and his spawn proudly ‘look, that was ME that was’. 

What is needed is a severe (relegation esq) points deduction to the club he supports. That would make him be reviled by all genuine Birmingham supporters and send a clear message to any other tit thinking about doing the same thing that they would be damaging their club.  The fans would ‘police themselves’ then - nobody wants a points deduction.

Wont happen though. 

29 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

A number of fans have been jailed for attacking players but this one was a very high profile televised game so I reckon he will be made an example of.

His sentence will be governed to a large extend to whether he has a criminal record or not 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

14 weeks

Archived