IGNORED

Forget Yesterday - Team for Tuesday

Davefevs

O’Leary

Hunt | Kalas | Webster | Dasilva

Pack

Weimann | Palmer (Morrell) | Paterson | Eliasson

Taylor

Hunt must come back in, at home he is our best RB.  LJ must stop thinking about the armband.

Palmer and Paterson - you must be mad!  Yep, possibly.  If not Palmer then Morrell...forget Walsh, Morrell deserves to be ahead of him.  We need to play on the front foot...we need to go into the break on a high, feeling confident about creating and scoring at home.  We have only scored >1 in 5 home games.  Home form is our Achilles heel, and will be what stops us getting top 6.

Weimann back in, no brainer...was one of only a very small number who could receive and give a pass.  Wright got it to him 4 times (4 more than he managed to COD in double the minutes).  He also got it into Pack with little give-n-goes.

Eliasson - deserves a chance.  COD’s form has dipped.  Simple as that.  Don’t think it was COD’s fault yesterday.

Taylor - just as simple as “must be given a go”.  Him and Weimann can float a bit if need be, but I fancy him to get on the end of an Eliason cross more than Fam.

So there you have it.  A bold team selection, but we need bold.  Derby at home v Stoke....chance to win, put pressure on them, if not overtake them and with Boro playing PNE, one / both of them is gonna drop points.

Be bold Lee!

No way would I start with Taylor up front.

You correctly point out the problem that we don't score enough at home. Then suggest the answer is a bloke up front, on his own, who virtually never shoots and has only ever scored a handful of goals at this level.

Agree about Hunt but for me we need two up front, including FD, at home to the bottom team.

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

No way would I start with Taylor up front.

You correctly point out the problem that we don't score enough at home. Then suggest the answer is a bloke up front, on his own, who virtually never shoots and has only ever scored a handful of goals at this level.

Agree about Hunt but for me we need two up front, including FD, at home to the bottom team.

The bloke who gas the best “team goals per minute” when he’s on the pitch?  We score every 51 minutes he's on the park.  If he sparks Weimann, Pato, etc, I don’t give a toss whether he never scores again ?

Stats - 8 (+17), 3 goals and 5 assists

It’s not gonna be up front on his own in Fam-style either.  Plenty of fluidity in the Players I’ve picked.  It’s become evident that Fam plays better away from home in the main.

It won’t be everyone;s cup of tea as a selection.  I don’t care...it’s mine, it’s what I would do on Tuesday. ?

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

O’Leary

Hunt   Kalas  Webster Dasilva 

Pack Brownhill  

Weimann Taylor Paterson 

Diedhiou 

Before we signed Palmer, and prior to Pato’s improved displays, I did suggest Matty in that position. ?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Before we signed Palmer, and prior to Pato’s improved displays, I did suggest Matty in that position. ?

Yes I think he could do well there in behind Fam. He can pass (eg. v Man U for Korey’s goal). The movement and rotation of Taylor, Paterson and Weimann could be great together I reckon.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Leary

Hunt | Kalas | Webster | Dasilva

Pack

Weimann | Palmer (Morrell) | Paterson | Eliasson

Taylor

Hunt must come back in, at home he is our best RB.  LJ must stop thinking about the armband.

Palmer and Paterson- you must be mad!  Yep, possibly.  If not Palmer then Morrell...forget Walsh, Morrell deserves to be ahead of him.  We need to play on the front foot...we need to go into the break on a high, feeling confident about creating and scoring at home.  We have only scored >1 in 5 home games.  Home form is our Achilles heel, and will be what stops us getting top 6.

Weimann back in, no brainer...was one of only a very small number who could receive and give a pass.  Wright got it to him 4 times (4 more than he managed to COD in double the minutes).  He also got it into Pack with little give-n-goes.

Eliasson - deserves a chance.  COD’s form has dipped.  Simple as that.  Don’t think it was COD’s fault yesterday.

Taylor - just as simple as “must be given a go”.  Him and Weimann can float a bit if need be, but I fancy him to get on the end of an Eliason cross more than Fam.

So there you have it.  A bold team selection, but we need bold.  Derby at home v Stoke....chance to win, put pressure on them, if not overtake them and with Boro playing PNE, one / both of them is gonna drop points.

Be bold Lee!

First thoughts were, I don't agree with much of that , but take a breath and.......

Hunt must come back in ...  Should have started yesterday , don't get why LJ try to shoehorn him in the side when not necessary .
Palmer and Paterson .....      Paterson has to start (not said that for about 10 months) , and I wouldn't be upset to see Palmer in (I think most of the stick he's got lately is unfair). Just not together CMF.
Eliasson ...................              Agree , in for COD seems the sensible move. I like COD but not been  great lately , Norwich goal apart.
Taylor - just as simple as “must be given a go”...  While I agree we could do with a change , I just don't think LJ will do it.I do think it's got to THAT stage, just watched the highlights and how Fam never even got a shot away with an open goal beckoning , I don't know. Always wants too many touches and to get it on the other foot. 

We do need a change at home, you are right when you say it will cost us in the long run. Maybe a good game to make a change, 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 

Oleary                                                                         Oleary

Hunt - Webster - Kalas - DaSilva            Brownhill/Hunt - Kalas - Webster - Wright - DaSilva

Pack - Paterson - Brownhill                                     Pack - Morrell/Walsh - Paterson

ODowda - Fam - Eliasson                                                Taylor/Semenyo. Fam

------------------------------------------Max---------------------------------------------

Pisano-----------Kalas--------------------------Webster----------------Kelly

------------------------------------------Pack--------------------------------------------

Weimann---------------------------------------------------------------------Dasilva

-------------------------Brownhill-----------------Pato--------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Taylor----------------------------------------------

It’s an interesting one this.

If LJ came out and made the number of changes suggested by some,  then the first comment on here would be some play on Tombolas.

That being said, we need to spark again and were poor yesterday so there is a need for change.

I’d imagine Hunt in. Although I think Pack deserves time out, I’d be shocked if he’s out. O’Dowda will be benched as will Semenyo. And although I think Matty should start, I don’t see him doing so.

So I think it’ll be as yesterday, except Hunt, Eliasson & Weimann for Wright, O’Dowda, Semenyo. I’d like to see two more changes with Taylor and Walsh for Fam & Pack. But it won’t happen.

Think Diedhiou needs a rest, the 4-1-4-1 would be a good blueprint but starting Semenyo was a mistake as I feared it might be.

Maybe revert back for one game to Weimann and Taylor up front, like some of the games in August, September. That said, this game won't be as easy as we think- I work with an Ipswich fan and they haven't actually been playing all that badly under Lambert, often- but late goals, individual errors have been costing them often. Can't be too gungho but absolutely a must win game.

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It was but not many of them covered themselves in glory yesterday I’m afraid. 

Agree with that- was worried about the fact Leeds are a lot better technically than Preston and changing tack- felt the wrong time.

In a different shape maybe, 3-5-2 perhaps or impact sub but starting him and Diedhiou? Not for me, not at that time.

As you say though, we were not up to much regardless.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think Diedhiou needs a rest, the 4-1-4-1 would be a good blueprint but starting Semenyo was a mistake as I feared it might be.

Maybe revert back for one game to Weimann and Taylor up front, like some of the games in August, September. That said, this game won't be as easy as we think- I work with an Ipswich fan and they haven't actually been playing all that badly under Lambert, often- but late goals, individual errors have been costing them often. Can't be too gungho but absolutely a must win game.

I think Mo Eisa could do no worse

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

I think Mo Eisa could do no worse

I mean, maybe...no worse yeah, but I actually think not loaning him and ftm Adelakun in January to high riding League One clubs not ideal for their development.

Could be argued he hasn't had a proper chance yet, but he rose a bit too quick too soon and the lack of game time will I fear stall him especially as he's 24 now. Yet 2-3 years ago he was playing well below the Football League...hope I'm wrong about his prospects.

Doesn't matter whom he picks.  All are much of a muchness. At times looking like the real thing and at others you wonder how they ever got this far in their careers.

What is needed is some backbone and fire in their bellies, and this is the coaches job.  Just imagine what a Clough would have done after yesterday's lacklustre display. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I mean, maybe...no worse yeah, but I actually think not loaning him and ftm Adelakun in January to high riding League One clubs not ideal for their development.

Could be argued he hasn't had a proper chance yet, but he rose a bit too quick too soon and the lack of game time will I fear stall him especially as he's 24 now. Yet 2-3 years ago he was playing well below the Football League...hope I'm wrong about his prospects.

Yes just saying with Dave looking knackered and the rest upfront looking lackluster maybe a run out for this kid might be worth ago couldnt do no worse

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The bloke who gas the best “team goals per minute” when he’s on the pitch?  We score every 51 minutes he's on the park.  If he sparks Weimann, Pato, etc, I don’t give a toss whether he never scores again ?

Stats - 8 (+17), 3 goals and 5 assists

I bow to your superior knowledge on the football stats front sir. It is more my gut feeling about him as a player. 

As 17 of his appearances are off the bench that probably skews the numbers I suspect. We have often gone 60-70 minutes being poor then on come 2 subs (could be any combo not just MT) and we start playing and get a goal late on.

So MT's stats may be affected by that, as much as his personal impact on the team. Possibly?

Archived