IGNORED

Elliason

MC RISK77

How has he fallen out of favour? Not started any of the last 4-5 games and not had many minutes from the bench after a really encouraging start to the year with a couple of goals and some generally good wing play.

missed his crosses the last few games, have I missed something has he been carrying an injury/illness?

He has scored a couple of really good goals through a really congested defence, and his crossing is mixed and accurate. Yesterday, the number of crosses, corners of free kicks that were lofted high and the keeper caught easily under no challenge was embarrassing.

Maybe with him, O'Dowda, Weinnman, Patterson, Palmer, and Sememyo all competing for 2 or 3  slots maybe we have to many options.. that's not including others that are also being slotted into that 2 / 3 

Should replace odowda IMO. Odowda has been crap the last three games, his head has been turned and he won't sign a new contract.

eliasson when played has always played well and offers us creativity, goals and a spark. We need his balls into the box.

for the life of me I can't understand why eliasson hasn't been played when we have clearly needed him

6 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Should replace odowda IMO. Odowda has been crap the last three games, his head has been turned and he won't sign a new contract.

eliasson when played has always played well and offers us creativity, goals and a spark. We need his balls into the box.

for the life of me I can't understand why eliasson hasn't been played when we have clearly needed him

Yeah was thinking yesterday was o’dowda really up for it...hopefully eliasson starts Tuesday 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

No idea why we played so narrow yesterday and compounded it with our subs. Eliasson would have had a field day against Alioski who isnt a full back 

You stretch the game and you risk getting overrun in the middle- we've seen it happen before. That said, Wright at RB is only appropriate when there's 4 CB's IMO- that was a curious decision unless Hunt and Pisano not fully fit?

As for Eliasson, fair to say he's underused IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You stretch the game and you risk getting overrun in the middle- we've seen it happen before. That said, Wright at RB is only appropriate when there's 4 CB's IMO- that was a curious decision unless Hunt and Pisano not fully fit?

As for Eliasson, fair to say he's underused IMO.

We needed to stretch the game, we were losing.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We needed to stretch the game, we were losing.

Of course, but there's always a risk you can then concede 2 and 3. Hit on the break, faster turnover of the ball- but then if you're chasing a game you have little choice.

To be clear, from the start I'd say not so much yesterday, but say 50 mins in yeah start chasing.

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Most overrated player in the side and talk of premier league teams being after him must be a joke. 

The only place he’ll end up is another championship team who’ll pay more money.

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

Most overrated player in the side and talk of premier league teams being after him must be a joke. 

The only place he’ll end up is another championship team who’ll pay more money.

Decent, but definitely overrated imho.

40 minutes ago, Super said:

Another one that seems to just fall out of favour. Bizarre.

Yes, a couple of players not given the same leeway for a below performance than others.  That’s football, and we don’t see what happens on training ground.

I think it's because he so rarely tries to beat his man, more often than not, he seems to return the ball towards the passer.

If you compare him vs Callum he doesn't run with the ball half as well.

Obv. when crossing however he is light years ahead.

I'm surprised LJ hasn't coached the confidence to try and beat the man much more often - then we would have some player.

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

What or who on earth gives Newquay those facts - or is it total fiction? 

I do agree N.E should start tomorrow and I also like Brownhill at RB for Wright - we must win this. 

Is it true CoD touched the ball twice on Sat'? 

Not sure if he only had 2 touches (seems unlikely) but we hardly went down the right, and BR hardly left our half and offered COD few options to push forward.

DaSilva also got caught out like at Bolton where he was in a CB position and unable to come across and deal with the crossfield ball down our left wing, both times you can also lay some blame on the LW who could/should be covering, but we get targeted in that area so much lately it cannot be coincidence.

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Eliasson is weak as piss. The more physical games he simply can't play in. I'd get him or Adelakun out there over COD tomorrow though.

O'Dowda has been shite recently, and you're fooling yourself if you think he's signing a new deal. 

In fairness Adelakun has shown nothing to suggest he should get a start. Play NE.

Forgetting any outside influences , ODowda , Semenyo and Wright should be benched. 
Fam is probably our only striker with 'presence ' up front.
Play a RFB at RFB
Only one choice at LFB
The 2 CB's pick themselves.
Because COD has dropped off Eliasson must surely start.
Pack is an important cog , and if Walsh isn't fit and Morrell isn't though ready , Brownhill is the obvious choice. That's even though neither has been great.
Weimann does and important job getting up and back, and we won't play 2 wingers anyway.
That leaves the one spot at 10, or a variant of. Paterson, for the first time in 8 months deserves a start on his form.

Important to win, but no point in throwing caution to the wind. See how the game is going the introduce the likes of Palmer,Taylor and Semenyo. The only tweak I could see is Paterson going wide, and Weimann playing as a second striker with Fam.

Ipswich is a vital game to win, with tough games coming up we can't afford to slip up in games we would hope to win. Our away form has been good, if we can keep picking up unexpected points away, having fewer home games may oddly play into our hands. 

As it stands, our chances of PO's, for me ,  is about 3 or 4 out of 10. 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Not sure if he only had 2 touches (seems unlikely) but we hardly went down the right, and BR hardly left our half and offered COD few options to push forward.

DaSilva also got caught out like at Bolton where he was in a CB position and unable to come across and deal with the crossfield ball down our left wing, both times you can also lay some blame on the LW who could/should be covering, but we get targeted in that area so much lately it cannot be coincidence.

More than 2, but not many.  He didn’t receive a single pass from Bailey Wright in his time on the pitch and only passed to him once. Weimann got 4 passes from Wright in half the time and gave it to him 3 times.

You can read whatever you want into that. Wright bad or Callum not showing?  Bit of both imho. 

A5796386-5BB5-47A5-9D1F-1C5F7C8AB187.jpeg

57EA5E2B-1D24-4D2F-A201-C6DD65610E40.jpeg

0F00EADD-512D-4B93-9854-3BD151013EE6.jpeg

39E6CB6A-9DBA-462B-AADD-6A69B349E8B5.jpeg

Archived