IGNORED

Elliason

MC RISK77

4 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Eliasson is the most overrated player at the club (by our supporters). Capable of a bit of magic but physically not up to it, loses possession frequently, and constantly underhits or overhits crosses. LJ can see that - that is why NE struggles to get in the team. 

You could be describing COD.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

What or who on earth gives Newquay those facts - or is it total fiction? 

I do agree N.E should start tomorrow and I also like Brownhill at RB for Wright - we must win this. 

Is it true CoD touched the ball twice on Sat'? 

I never claimed to be ITK, and I was making a simple prediction- is that something I'm not allowed to do?

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

More than 2, but not many.  He didn’t receive a single pass from Bailey Wright in his time on the pitch and only passed to him once. Weimann got 4 passes from Wright in half the time and gave it to him 3 times.

You can read whatever you want into that. Wright bad or Callum not showing?  Bit of both imho. 

A5796386-5BB5-47A5-9D1F-1C5F7C8AB187.jpeg

57EA5E2B-1D24-4D2F-A201-C6DD65610E40.jpeg

0F00EADD-512D-4B93-9854-3BD151013EE6.jpeg

39E6CB6A-9DBA-462B-AADD-6A69B349E8B5.jpeg

Read the Post Scout Report article on Semenyo's debut. It stated he joined Paterson and COD in an attacking midfield. Now this threw me a bit as I couldn't remember COD playing and I had to check the team sheet.

Now, I'm into my seventies and probably the onset of the old dementia is creeping in but I'm sure that is not the overriding factor in me not remembering COD's contribution.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:09, Newquay-Red said:

O'Dowda is destined to go to Villa following a summer of being linked with lower Prem teams. Good, but overrated and has a chip on his shoulder. Niclas is young, hungry, and has demonstrated numerous times that he relishes the opportunity of playing for this club. Play him!

Chip on his shoulder? Going to Villa? So you know Callum really well then?

LJ referred to O'Dowda as a brilliant human being a few weeks ago. On a losing run, fans always need a scapegoat - at the moment COD is the chosen one!!. The fella who wont sign a new contract is the easy target. Unlike you, I rate this fella. I know he wont be with us next season but I will back him during this dip in form. He could be a vital player for us over the coming weeks.

Eliasson to start tonight - love his attacking threat

51 minutes ago, Jack Bailey said:

LJ referred to O'Dowda as a brilliant human being a few weeks ago. On a losing run, fans always need a scapegoat - at the moment COD is the chosen one!!. The fella who wont sign a new contract is the easy target. Unlike you, I rate this fella. I know he wont be with us next season but I will back him during this dip in form. He could be a vital player for us over the coming weeks.

I already responded to a comment similar to this. I was simply predicting. It's a forum; I'm allowed to do that. It was apparent that once he developed, he was going to be moving on. He's good, and has had some amazing moments, but is inconsistent. Once again, I'm allowed to say that. Oxford fans informed us that once he started to produce, he would be off.

I do not need to be his best friend to have an opinion on him. You think I'm a reactionary fan? I don't rate him? So you know me really well then? We are punching above our weight and even though we have our blips I have never been more proud to be a City fan than I have in the last couple of years.

7 hours ago, Jack Bailey said:

Personally I think O'Dowda has just not been trying these last couple of weeks. It's almost as though he has scored a wonder goal v Norwich knowing that it will have interested other clubs so he can go back to being plain average. He rarely turns up in games now, last Saturday you'd have been excused for not thinking he was playing. His work rate and desire seems very poor, he rarely tracks back to cover and to be honest I'd be very happy to see us get rid of him in the summer

6B247830-19A7-4ECC-855C-40BAE0CD417C.thumb.png.298f36864cb2a7cc67d172dbb4c66f31.png

Regardless of whether you agree with using stats or not, they show that Callum has clear quality in this league but often blows hot and cold. Before the Birmingham and subsequent following two howlers for 3/4 of the games he was unplayable. 

For those that don’t know 7 is a solid game 6.7/6.8 is average and anything towards 6 is a poor game. Poor games are common for attackers especially in a losing team but 3 on the bounce below 6.4 is especially poor.

I do think that we need to use the squad more to get the most out of our players, with this dramatic change in form Eliasson should get the nod tonight, hopefully it will give Callum the determination he needs to win his place back.

Archived