IGNORED

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Tight and compact got us into the top six.

Suddenly thinking we were Brazil was what made us drop out .

Must be nuts to think that.

Watching this on TV tonight, feel stupidly poorly today.

Nice to see Hunt and Eliasson in the line up, still a shame to see us with just one up front at home against a team that has won 3 games all season and are relegated in all but name.

A lot of confidence going into this one from our fans.... they didn't make it easy for us last time and they've just got a 1-1 draw with West Brom, I just hope none of the lads playing take this lightly, no points are easy points in this league.

I'm glad to see Hunt back in, but got recollections of the selection tombola coming out in full force when we last went on a poor run. 

I make that 4 or 5 changes from the defeat on Saturday? Perhaps some are needed.

Seems like a lot of tinkering when he was picking a consistently settled side during our good run, perhaps one or two changes per match. 

Fresh legs hopefully do us a job. Fancy Elisasson to justify his selection tonight. Solid 2-0 after a poor first 30 

No surprises to see some changes- the team needed freshening up after the flat performance on Saturday. Glad to see Hunt at RB to give us attacking options on that side. Eliasson deserves his chance too. Kelly needs to remind us what he can do. 

Odd to me that he plays the wildcards vs Leeds then when that doesn't work he reverts to this safe line up. Why play the wildcards against the team that's up in the top 2? Just seems that going into Leeds game you have a better chance of getting 4 or 6 points from these two games by going solid and safe v Leeds then throwing in a couple of young hungry players tonight.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Seems to me that LJ delivers lineups that the fans want. When we wanted Palmer to start, we got him, then Semenyo, he got his chance, now we get Elliasson and Hunt back in, both called for on here. 

Or if every player was firing on all cylinders we wouldn’t be ‘ asking for ‘ anyone so he more likely responds to performances than a bunch of posters on a little forum .

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Odd to me that he plays the wildcards vs Leeds then when that doesn't work he reverts to this safe line up. Why play the wildcards against the team that's up in the top 2? Just seems that going into Leeds game you have a better chance of getting 4 or 6 points from these two games by going solid and safe v Leeds then throwing in a couple of young hungry players tonight.

Exactly what I've been saying 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Or if every player was firing on all cylinders we wouldn’t be ‘ asking for ‘ anyone so he more likely responds to performances than a bunch of posters on a little forum .

I didn't say it was intentional. As much as I'm sure LJ comes on here for your quips, I know he doesn't listen to our team suggestions!

I just meant that he has a perspective to general concensus which is unusual in my supporting years, and absolves him of one criticism at least.

Don't forget everyone.........no need to turn up until 8.45, just in time for the 2nd half, as the team won't be there until the 2nd half starts?   Don't wish to be cynical, but i will remain so until proved otherwise.   I really sincerely hope that we'll be 2-0 up and cruisin by 8.30, but I cannot trust this team to perform at home.   Away matches are far better, atmosphere and tactically wise........when oh when will we start to entertain at home?  Tonite?

Archived