IGNORED

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

Septic Peg

The central midfield has just been non-existent tonight. Ipswich, and Chalobah in particular, have just shut down everything we've tried to put through Pack, Brownhill and Paterson. Therefore we've resorted to attacking down the wings, which is hard to do and easy to defend against, especially when we are playing one up top. In all it's been a decent tactical display from an Ipswich side who sorely need a good finisher.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

That’d be great if the season ended after 36 games. But I assure you if there’s one point at home to these, there aren’t many more points left this season. 

If only football, the championship or supporting City were that black and white. 

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No I’m watching at home as I had bereavement counselling this evening, but my season ticket is in the south stand thanks. 

The commentators disagree with your assessment also, describing him as a handful in the first half. With the service he’s had I don’t see how he can be singled out for criticism, and has done more defensive work than some of the back 4!

Firstly my condolences for your loss.

Believe me if I thought he was poor in the first half he has been shocking so far this half.

As I said give me one instance when he even attempted to lose his marker for a dead ball situation.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The central midfield has just been non-existent tonight. Ipswich, and Chalobah in particular, have just shut down everything we've tried to put through Pack, Brownhill and Paterson. Therefore we've resorted to attacking down the wings, which is hard to do and easy to defend against, especially when we are playing one up top. In all it's been a decent tactical display from an Ipswich side who sorely need a good finisher.

There not the only ones!!

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Firstly my condolences for your loss.

Believe me if I thought he was poor in the first half he has been shocking so far this half.

As I said give me one instance when he even attempted to lose his marker for a dead ball situation.

He’s been poor in the second half as has every player in red sadly. 

THEIR GOAL

Second half we hardly strung two passes together. Ipswich were pushed up to the half way line and comfortably in control of the game which is a damning indictment of us as they are themselves a poor side. Kalas, facing the wrong way from an Ipswich corner, almost heads into the top corner from six yards out. From the resulting corner Ipswich play a gorgeous one-two with a backheel in the middle of it that gets their player into the box on the by-line down the left. He lashes the ball across the goal and Kelly, six yards out and facing the wrong way, swings his leg wildly at it. (he had to do something). The ball flies off the top of his thigh like a squash ball hitting a Toblerone and zings in and out of the top corner before anyone knows what has happened. The poor kid's face would break your heart, and though it is not great defending, Ipswich forced the goal by getting to the by-line and it is not the worst own goal you will see. Both sides have scored from nothing, really.  

Archived