IGNORED

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yes but we have lots of other data that can help us predict where we will be after 46 games.

You are wilfully ignoring some very important data.

Sod the data we’re in a position us Bristolians like to see passion 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yes but we have lots of other data that can help us predict where we will be after 46 games.

You are wilfully ignoring some very important data.

I’m really not. I don’t disagree that our short term form is poor. We also have a more difficult run in than most other teams around us. 

I just hate the knee jerk/hyperbole/all or nothing mentality of football fans these days. It’s one of the most competitive leagues in the world and all the more interesting for it. 

If you want to see a team win week in week out without challenge then sod off to Man City or Real Madrid or whoever the in vogue team of the day are. 

The fact that our form is rank and we’re still 6th is a testament to the fact that almost no one can get a real grip on this league and really rise above the rest. 

38 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A few weeks ago we were the form team of Europe. We really do have some of the most entitled and fickle fans in the football league. 

That’s the point though isn’t it, we’re a rollercoaster form football team season after season and it’s ******* frustrating! 

We are consistently inconsistent!

We now know that the most likely scenario is we’ll drop away from the playoffs. People are allowed to be pissed off!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You said we are ‘currently performing better than 3/4s of the league’ - you are wrong....and after a performance like that one tonight against a team 12 points adrift, you seem determined to wind people up on here....there’s a lot of anger about because of that tripe tonight, and rightly so....just leave it....

Ok, I shall rephrase. 

‘As at right now, we have performed better than 3/4s of the league’. 

Better? It’s semantics you’re arguing here and you clearly understand the point but are determined to act as if you don’t. 

6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Right - but what's your point. Keep quiet until the end of the year? If we were 21st would you be saying the same thing?

People are pissed off they just sat 2 hours in the cold freezing their bollocks off to watch a poor performance. They're looking at our current position, and our recent form, and putting the two together to predict our final position - one they're not happy with. I don't understand how your point are really relevant at all. Everyone knows the final league position is that only thing that matters...but we're not there yet... so...?

This is a football forum and people are annoyed at our recent form so on here to vent.

So where were they all when we were ten unbeaten predicting we’d finish top? Nowhere because they’re only happy to moan about the negatives and not praise the positive. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So where were they all when we were ten unbeaten predicting we’d finish top? Nowhere because they’re only happy to moan about the negatives and not praise the positive. 

That's fair - but I could say the same about the people who last year after Man U were doing the "HOW MUCH IS EVERY MEMBER OF OUR SQUAD WORTH I THINK PACK IS AT LEAST 15m IF NOT 20m" threads every week. It works both ways - I've seen loads of praise for City in the last two years, and loads of negativity. Given that we seem to be pretty streaky with wins/defeats and finish mid table that's kind of what I'd expect!

It's admirable you try and keep it balanced at all times, but I prefer seeing the passion of the highs and the dejection of the lows - that's what supporting (or following, if you'd prefer...) is all about! If I only saw or had a considered balanced view at all times it'd be pretty dull ;)

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who predicted we’d finish top?! Most I know were waiting for the inevitable, predictable downturn in form....and here we are...six games with no win...are you truly happy with our form? And you think we have the ‘most entitled and fickle fans in the league’ - you obviously haven’t travelled much around this country to watch City...we are nowhere near your description of us....you clearly haven’t encountered fans of certain other clubs that fit your description perfectly....

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

tuesday ugh GIF

Say what?

What a time to be alive folks. What a time.

Since Saturday, City have been shithousing all over the shop. Firstly, there was this absolute belter:

Then this response from the actual Leeds chairman:

And then today, I see this!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fan-facing-ban-2636784?fbclid=IwAR11yYv6EClD39SUgyMGdMawOaYqMDxXp-hDPQKY2Uy-s-ikT8IfhsLnAo8

For those that don't want to give the Evil Post ad revenue, the basic gist is a Scottish lad, living in Southmead has to move seats because he's dropped the F word too many times in the South Stand.

No relation to Scott btw.

The text a steward hotline has never been hotter. It's actually contributing to global warming from all the complaints peppered at it on a match day.

Wowwwweeee. Vodafone be shook.

So my advice to the guys and gals of S82 and all the SS: YOU ARE LIVE ON BCFC. DO NOT SAY **** OR BUGGER or Me Julie @JulieH will chuck you in the Dolmoan where you can hear a pin drop. 

In other news, water is wet and Bolton are skint. Until very late last night, the players hadn't been paid. Again. Then, just to rub salt into the wound, they release this tweet to the fans. The man they hate, grinning like Ian Holloway in a chicken hutch shop...

The absolute state of that club.

Anyway, enough of me waffling. Ipswich tonight. I do hate playing a bottom team as they have bugger all to lose so will come out and throw the kitchen sink at us. It should be a walk over for us but the recent spate of draws (bar Reading) for Ipswich would make me think another boring 1-1 draw.

Ho hum. 

COYRs!

All of those issues are being dealt with by the club, no complaints to police at this tome. 

fyi the phone number advertised to report anti social and racist behaviour was successful in providing witnesses to a racial incident where the offender has been charged to court . 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m really not. I don’t disagree that our short term form is poor. We also have a more difficult run in than most other teams around us. 

I just hate the knee jerk/hyperbole/all or nothing mentality of football fans these days. It’s one of the most competitive leagues in the world and all the more interesting for it. 

If you want to see a team win week in week out without challenge then sod off to Man City or Real Madrid or whoever the in vogue team of the day are. 

The fact that our form is rank and we’re still 6th is a testament to the fact that almost no one can get a real grip on this league and really rise above the rest. 

The reason that we're so frustrated is that City had got themselves in a position where even mid table bang average form would be enough to keep the chasing pack at bay. A golden opportunity. 

What we delivered instead was relegation form and now all things considered the form required to retrieve the situation is beyond us.

Its true that it's weird that a team in 6th could be in crisis, but that's how football csn be so nuanced.

15 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Never understood that position. The table doesn’t lie. We’re the sixth best team in the league at this point in the season. 

Regardless of your feelings towards tonight’s performance, we’re over achieving. 

What nonsense. Hyperbole on here is absolutely unreal. 

Maybe you can enlighten me with which performance you think was worse than witnessed last night? 

19 hours ago, Kashmir said:

That’s the point though isn’t it, we’re a rollercoaster form football team season after season and it’s ******* frustrating! 

We are consistently inconsistent!

We now know that the most likely scenario is we’ll drop away from the playoffs. People are allowed to be pissed off!

Out of likes, but agree.

Archived