IGNORED

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

Septic Peg

24 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

No chance for Kelly, not his fault. He was one of very few to actually mark anyone from that corner. If he doesn't intervene they get a tap in. Everyone else switched off which is what he was so annoyed at .

Been very poor. Big 20 minutes 

There was a chance for Kelly he should have used his fricking right foot and leathered it .

It amazes me how so called top players are unable to do the simplest of things with their less favoured foot.

:badmood:

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Frustrating game, but 6th place with ten games to go? Yeah I’ll take that. Our support is embarrassing at times.

One of, if not the most competitive league in the world, and despite a mid table budget, we’re challenging at the right end for a second season in a row. 

Lets hope the players don’t give up in March like the fans do. 

give it a rest, we were rubbish and have been for a while we will be lucky to finish as highs we did last season.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Frustrating game, but 6th place with ten games to go? Yeah I’ll take that. Our support is embarrassing at times.

One of, if not the most competitive league in the world, and despite a mid table budget, we’re challenging at the right end for a second season in a row. 

Are you not frustrated though with how our seasons just seem to tail off without a wimpier when we are in great positions? 

What is annoying is that LJ will sigh and say in a weary tone to the press exactly what we did wrong and exactly what we should have done. Anytime anything ever happens on a football pitch he always has an answer. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his own analysis of what took place is always 100% accurate, but if you do not have the force of personality to get your changes across to the players and get them to do things differently, what use is all that expertise and tactical insight?

He only ever tries to tinker with what has already gone wrong. He can never set things up right and keep them right. 

Some raw fight, will, determination, and desire, which is what would have got us over the line tonight, is not something that he seems able to instill in his teams. 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Come on! We are not getting in the play offs 

You know it. I know it. Everyone one knows it 

This season will Peter out to nothing again. But the streaky one will talk a great game as always and everyone will start talking about the long term plan

How long is the ******* plan....? ?

Well this will (likely) be our fourth straight season where we finish higher than the one before....so it’s working isn’t it? 

Dreadful, substitutions way too late again, they had no spark after the first 5 mins of the 2nd half, so why wait until 70 to make the changes?

Why not the Semenyo, tell him to go on for 40 mins and have a go, give Ipswich something to think about. Then he takes off Elliason who at least has been putting the ball into the box?

Pato hopeless tonight, Pack uninspiring, the less said about the keeper the better, there is a reason why a goalkeeper is free at this time of year.

Absolute dog shite

2 minutes ago, _Shawn_x said:

How can we go from the good football we were playing too hoof ball and predictable cross after cross

Go back a watch in detail. In most games during our good run we had long periods of awful football. 

The soft underbelly is always there, unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Groundhog day (season) 

round and round we go, same again next season....unless......nah ST`s sold job done get yer holidays booked

Be prepared to lose half the team while we rebuild; unfortunately it will be the best half of them......then....well we go again don't we Lee.? :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

One thing that is disappointing (and no individual is to blame) the crowd were even worse than the players. Again. 

Totally agree, the atmosphere was awful, do we want it enough?  Fans probably scared mind to get a letter from the club like the Scottish guy.

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Deluded

Other then 15 minutes  of the first half we never looked threatening , we lack leaders on the pitch who can show they can lead by example and not let the play off pressure get to us. 

For me it doesnt bother me that ipswich are bottom but more about how we applied ourselves and how we should took the game to them , our confidence is shot. 

1 minute ago, Johnr1986 said:

Are you not frustrated though with how our seasons just seem to tail off without a wimpier when we are in great positions? 

We had a spell of amazing form and now we’ve had a spell of poorer form. Same can be said for most teams in this league at some point in the season.

That’s why we’ve been poor for a spell and yet are still 6th. Because no one else can get the run of form required to displace us.

For some reason City fans love to act like we’re the only team in the world who goes through spells of poor performances, far from it. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This 18 day international break could be a blessing I feel. Players like Brownhill anonymous today whereas he was a driving force in our good run.

Hopefully they will come back champing at the bit for the last 10 games!

COYR!!!

Archived