IGNORED

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

Septic Peg

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Totally agree, the atmosphere was awful, do we want it enough?  Fans probably scared mind to get a letter from the club like the Scottish guy.

******* hell, forgot about him. He' must be in big trouble after that showing. 

12 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Dreadful, substitutions way too late again, they had no spark after the first 5 mins of the 2nd half, so why wait until 70 to make the changes?

Why not the Semenyo, tell him to go on for 40 mins and have a go, give Ipswich something to think about. Then he takes off Elliason who at least has been putting the ball into the box?

Pato hopeless tonight, Pack uninspiring, the less said about the keeper the better, there is a reason why a goalkeeper is free at this time of year.

Absolute dog shite

Once again bad management. Barnsley prob love Johnson to go as they got promoted that season. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s quite funny that you can boil all this frustration and anger and entitlement down into one simple fact like that. 

Whatever we’re doing, it’s working to a pretty high degree, assuming we finish higher than 17/18. 

Sorry, there is no defence for that crap tonight. Regardless of where we finish.

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's called a prediction 

One ive called all season 

And we do know what will happen. We have all seen enough of LJ and his team's to know what will happen 

Some say season on season improvement, I say season after season this clubs management (all of them) learn nothing.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Young team, still developing, ones for the future, challenging conditions, always difficult against a team scrapping for survival....blah, blah, blah...”

Six in a row...

Exactly bad management by Johnson play our yonngsters

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Young team, still developing, ones for the future, challenging conditions, always difficult against a team scrapping for survival....blah, blah, blah...”

Six in a row...

prob send one of his slaves out to say something

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Some say season on season improvement, I say season after season this clubs management (all of them) learn nothing.

They will have you believe that if we finish 10th, after finishing 11th last season....then we are progressing

Personally I see another January cock up and another 'fall away'. This club learns nothing as you said 

Having now calmed down slightly (just so bloody frustrating playing so limply) I think it’s clear we were playing out of our skins on the winning run.

We are solid enough defensively, but so weak in attack and, whilst Brownhill and Pack are often fantastic players, when they don’t turn up (and to be fair to Pack he’s started 36 out of 36 Championship games) we just look inept. 

Unfortunately feel like we’re only heading down the table, but given some rest and regather perhaps we can at least find something in us to mount a proper challenge in the last 10 games. 

15 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

This 18 day international break could be a blessing I feel. Players like Brownhill anonymous today whereas he was a driving force in our good run.

Hopefully they will come back champing at the bit for the last 10 games!

COYR!!!

The last time I recall us coming back 'refreshed' and up for it was when we returned from bloody Botswana... We need a few days going up and down Brean Down and beach.  A couple of sessions with Derren Brown would hurt either...  

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’d explain it by and large as football not being a perfect science. It’s 11 v 11 humans on any given day who all want to win a football match. If it was a simple case of the better team on paper getting the expected result then the game wouldn’t be much of a spectator sport.

Leeds - simply put - a much better side than us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded, they’re better than us in every department. Birmingham are a decent squad with a decent manager who have only taken a few less points than we have this season. 

Where was the fight in those 3 games with players actually giving it a go (2nd half vs Brum the exception)?  Against Leeds we needed to go toe to toe but we allowed them to dictate, and in this game Ipswich had more of the ball, with us supposed to be the home team.

Is it the way they are being set up to play, are we guilty of drilling the determination and flare out of them with the tactics, are we concentrating on offsetting the other teams strengths rather than playing to ours?

Why are we concentrating on getting the ball into the box when we've got no-one to meet the cross, if just seems crazy. Why drop a keeper that did not do anything wrong against Leeds to play a journeyman who at best is hopeless. Our form of late has been dismal.

A little dabble in the playoffs would be nice, but at this rate mid table firmly beckons. 

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Having now calmed down slightly (just so bloody frustrating playing so limply) I think it’s clear we were playing out of our skins on the winning run.

We are solid enough defensively, but so weak in attack and, whilst Brownhill and Pack are often fantastic players, when they don’t turn up (and to be fair to Pack he’s started 36 out of 36 Championship games) we just look inept. 

Unfortunately feel like we’re only heading down the table, but given some rest and regather perhaps we can at least find something in us to mount a proper challenge in the last 10 games. 

How do we attack when we can't string 3 simple passes together? 

Spineless performance.

If you want to play Kelly, play him CB not LB. JDS has to start there as he’s the only out and out LB we have. Play players in their correct positions! 

What has Taylor got to do to get a game? Again we create, essentially, the only clear cut chance with him on the pitch. The goal was a lucky deflection on a cross that would never have reached Webster without it.

Why are we not playing with 2 strikers at home against bottom of the league!? 

Weimann is not a wide player, although to be fair, I’m not quite sure what he is.

CM is the clear weak link. Brownhill anonymous for weeks now and must be dropped. Pack no better. We will not get promoted with those two. Desperately missing Korey Smith. 

Paterson weak and lacks creativity, start Palmer. I don’t care if he was poor against Birmingham, it was still better than Paterson’s performance tonight. He’s done it with Huddersfield so I’m sure he can do it with us too. 

Dont get me started on that keeper. How he’s dropped O’Leary for that is bizarre to say the least. 

Fammy the only one who can come out of the game with any credit. No one even tried to get close to him to offer any support , I felt sorry for him

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A few weeks ago we were the form team of Europe. We really do have some of the most entitled and fickle fans in the football league. 

Simply put we are punching above our weight this season, regardless of good or bad runs. Back in 6th tonight and a big break now, which tbf I think we need. In a day or so hopefully there will be a touch more perspective.

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

They will have you believe that if we finish 10th, after finishing 11th last season....then we are progressing

Personally I see another January cock up and another 'fall away'. This club learns nothing as you said 

Maybe the one that matters may see a pattern developing...one day and decide to change things....cant see me living to see it though.

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

Simply put we are punching above our weight this season, regardless of good or bad runs. Back in 6th tonight and a big break now, which tbf I think we need. In a day or so hopefully there will be a touch more perspective.

And you’d think most rational, sensible football fans would acknowledge that and not boo us off for narrowly losing to Leeds for example, who are simply out, a whole other level better than us in every department.

You'd expect most to acknowledge that a mid table side, budget wise, occupying 6th is actually someone doing a pretty damn good job. 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A few weeks ago we were the form team of Europe. We really do have some of the most entitled and fickle fans in the football league. 

No we don’t, we have loyal and committed fans who are just soooo frustrated by the constant cycle of long unbeaten runs followed by long winless runs under this manager.....it happens every season....fans have every right to be annoyed about it, if that’s ok with you....

Archived