Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

HT, dire stuff for first 25 mins, got the goal and then looked decent for 10 mins, but last 10 mins been Ipswich doing the pressing again. They came back against WBA to take a point and look capable of doing that tonight too. We MUST start holding onto the ball, Taylor, or Semenyo need to come on and support Fammy.

34 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Bollocks, everything to do with LJ, his job to motivate players and have us going for it from the start, and yet again it's been rubbish.

You wanted him sacked after we'd won about seven in a row so I'm not sure I'm the one talking bollocks.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gutted tonight,  went to catch the last bus from Portway P&R which was supposed to be 7:15. Arrived there about 7:05 to see a bus pull off then waited for last bus. 7:30 nothing, so jumped in car heading home back to Chepstow gutted. Then realised it would be on DAB and not got one at home. Quick dash to Argus on way home grabbed a DAB radio to listen to it on radio. 

Got home and we are live on Sky DOH!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

They seem to be picking up all the second balls. Had to double check if Josh was playing. 

He's been almost non-existent.

Need another goal here.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

That was a half of two halves.

Dianne Abbott thought it was a half of two thirds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Gutted tonight,  went to catch the last bus from Portway P&R which was supposed to be 7:15. Arrived there about 7:05 to see a bus pull off then waited for last bus. 7:30 nothing, so jumped in car heading home back to Chepstow gutted. Then realised it would be on DAB and not got one at home. Quick dash to Argus on way home grabbed a DAB radio to listen to it on radio. 

Got home and we are live on Sky DOH!!!! 

Well played though for sheer dedication to the cause :clapping:

• Like 1

The goal was coming...but what a lucky goal. Ball well outside the corner when taken, then a massive deflection. Poor defending by Ipswich but by the letter of the law that goal shouldn't have stood.

Poor first half but an important goal. Need to keep pushing forward and think we can get a second

That is a close to parks football as you will find anywhere in the history of the championship.

Paterson was named in the team, is he actually playing?

Diedhoiu his overhead kick excepted is like a wheelie bin hiding as usual behind his marker, making zero effort to escape his marker or making near post runs or even trying to drag defenders away, he just stands there even for free kicks and corners.

However hopefully a win and 3 points will be the end result,

• Like 2

For the first 20 mins we were so bad it looked like the players hadn’t realised the game had started. Thankfully we woke up, improved and got the goal. We don’t look entirely comfortable, but at 1-0 surely Ipswich should be there for the taking. They looked vulnerable on both flanks, especially our left, so hopefully we can exploit that. 

5 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Well played though for sheer dedication to the cause :clapping:

To make it worse I work in Flax Bourton I was only aiming for the last bus as I had to drive home to pick my wife up. 

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That is a close to parks football as you will find anywhere in the history of the championship.

Diedhoiu his overhead kick excepted is like a wheelie bin hiding as usual behind his marker, making zero effort to escape his marker or making near post runs or even trying to drag defenders away, he just stands there even for free kicks and corners.

Pats did give a free kick away, witch proves what a combative player he is.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Very harsh on Fam, that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I use an IPTV mate, has all of Sky and US channels, works a treat

Shouldnt have too.  It should be broadcast on BCTV

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Very harsh on Fam, that. 

Try actually watching him or tell me at what point of the game he actually escaped or even tried to escape his market at any set piece, I am at the game and can tell you categorically it has not happened once so far, where are you listening on radio Bristol as usual.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Try actually watching him or tell me at what point of the game he actually escaped or even tried to escape his market at any set piece, I am at the game and can tell you categorically it has not happened once so far, where are you listening on radio Bristol as usual.

No I’m watching at home as I had bereavement counselling this evening, but my season ticket is in the south stand thanks. 

The commentators disagree with your assessment also, describing him as a handful in the first half. With the service he’s had I don’t see how he can be singled out for criticism, and has done more defensive work than some of the back 4!