Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who’s trying to scapegoat him for anything? Simply said he’s had another stinker of a game which is true. Nothing to do with scapegoating, just a simple observation. 

Has played better than Weimann, Brownhill, Pato, Hunt and the new goalie. Our left side has been far more dangerous with him and Eliasson plus no way his fault for the goal.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

He got his feet in a mess for og, but otherwise he has played well.

I disagree but he can’t really be blamed for the goal, horrible one to defend. 

If we want to get into the playoffs we must win this game, might as well risk losing  

It’s got to be Taylor or Semenyo!

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Has played better than Weimann, Brownhill, Pato, Hunt and the new goalie. Our left side has been far more dangerous with him and Eliasson plus no way his fault for the goal.

Not sure how one objectively compares the performance of a full back to a winger/striker or central midfielder but I didn’t even say he’s been our worst player.

Just that he’s had yet another poor game, which I can’t see how anyone can really disagree with.  

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This is potential the worst half of championship football I’ve seen since we were promoted up again under cotts

It can’t be every week! 

(Sadly it is pretty much)

We just don't threaten enough up front........which puts constant pressure at the back......its aboutt time that LJ started to prove that he IS a good coach

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure how one objectively compares the performance of a full back to a winger/striker or central midfielder but I didn’t even say he’s been our worst player.

Just that he’s had yet another poor game, which I can’t see how anyone can really disagree with.  

Don’t think he’s had a poor game at all, only player who’s looked decent in possession and solid when needed.

If this season filters away like last season which is looking more and more likely to happen, can’t ever see us being consistently good to get promoted with Johnson at the helm! 

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Don’t think he’s had a poor game at all, only player who’s looked decent in possession and solid when needed.

Fair shout. Game of opinions! But give me JDS every day of the week. 

• Like 1

Wonder what Sir Steve makes of it in his stand ? If he buys into the bullshit about this "young team" from his manager then I despair. Gutless and clueless in the main however this ends up.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not true, a draw sees us in the playoffs 

1376ABA8-EAE2-4CA2-A4AB-9E2ADB221C1D.jpeg

That’d be great if the season ended after 36 games. But I assure you if there’s one point at home to these, there aren’t many more points left this season. 

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not true, a draw sees us in the playoffs 

1376ABA8-EAE2-4CA2-A4AB-9E2ADB221C1D.jpeg

Same thing being said last season after numerous dropped points saw us slipping. 

With Sheffield United next there is no denying that a draw at home to Ipswich is an awful result and a clear sign that we are not up to the challenge of the play offs. 

• Like 2

The central midfield has just been non-existent tonight. Ipswich, and Chalobah in particular, have just shut down everything we've tried to put through Pack, Brownhill and Paterson. Therefore we've resorted to attacking down the wings, which is hard to do and easy to defend against, especially when we are playing one up top. In all it's been a decent tactical display from an Ipswich side who sorely need a good finisher.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

That’d be great if the season ended after 36 games. But I assure you if there’s one point at home to these, there aren’t many more points left this season. 

If only football, the championship or supporting City were that black and white. 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

unless we play thr rest of our season away from home we are NOT gonna be in the playoffs.......we are truly dreadful at home

4th worst home record. 

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No I’m watching at home as I had bereavement counselling this evening, but my season ticket is in the south stand thanks. 

The commentators disagree with your assessment also, describing him as a handful in the first half. With the service he’s had I don’t see how he can be singled out for criticism, and has done more defensive work than some of the back 4!

Firstly my condolences for your loss.

Believe me if I thought he was poor in the first half he has been shocking so far this half.

As I said give me one instance when he even attempted to lose his marker for a dead ball situation.