IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly shocking AGAIN!!

BCFC1512

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He could have swung his right foot at it and smacked it into the Dolman, rather than the clumsy attempt that saw it fly into our net....

I don’t really think that’s guaranteed, could have swung his right leg for exactly the same thing to happen, cross shouldn’t have been allowed in the first place! 

Looked like some confidence was returning after several good crosses and an all round decent performance until the OG which was unfortunate for both him and the team because a confident LK is a real asset. 

Touch of class to apologise to those left in the ground when appluading the fans at FT. 

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

But because he’s “one of our own” he some how gets in the team!!!! 

My MOTM tonight, although very close run thing with Webster, because of his goal.  Not that MOTM for City was anywhere near Chalobah for Ipswich.  He showed much more like the Kelly of early season.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Why was he using his left leg? He’s not totally at fault for the goal because we didn’t switch on to the short corner but he definitely should have cleared it

Because it was blasted across the goal, and had little time to react.

A583F007-83A5-40B0-8777-F0775145906E.thumb.jpeg.63c436570bd693a051f18adfbea16ac4.jpeg

The size of their name shows the size of their impact.  It wasn’t a brilliant performance, but it was up there with the best in a red shirt tonight. 

32 minutes ago, shelts said:

Chalobah was excellent tonight like a mobile Pack . He’s got it all and in a poor Ipswich team. Energy . Movement and a good passing range . Would love him in our side . All too predictable our middle two. 

I thought Kenlock - their left back ( #30) - was the best player on the pitch.

22, and came through their academy. Everything you want an attacking full-back to be.

Nsiala their right-back, by contrast, was utterly woeful.

If Webster had not scored then Kelly would have got MOM!

he was the only player to really offer anything going forward apart from Elliason 

JDS against Leeds was out played and overrun, not his fault it was purely down to his stature and the fact he was isolated. Only our coach can be blamed for that!

I would like to see Kelly and JDS alternating in going forward, a bit like Brian and Williams, the difference being Brian resented playing behind Williams and their game suffered because of it, JB often refusing to 1-2 with Williams - Kelly and JDS are team players and would compliment each other well.

4 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Don't think he was that bad tonight to be fair, the OG was just unlucky 

Unlucky? He scored that because, like when in any other part of the pitch he refuses to even try to use his right foot. Stick his foot in front of that ball it goes back up the pitch. The amount of times he misses the opportunity to make even a simple pass because he’s only got one foot is unbelievable for a professional footballer

Kelly was superb 1st half.

2nd - almost like his agent had got in his ear on the phone - you are worth 10,000,000 now kid!

Poor 2nd half - OG a total fluke.

But hey, so was the whole team and management.

7 1/2 minutes for MT. Pointless sub.

Very, very typical comfortable BCFC performance.

It was only Ipswich right?

Easy win, out clubbing by 11......

9 hours ago, Super said:

I thought he was ok. Had his shirt pulled as well when scoring own goal. Unlucky.

Saw this too, very unlucky, certainly not sloppy. When he walked around clapping afterwards he certainly was patting his badge and holding his hands up as an appology gesture. Up until then I thought he had linked up with Elisson well and seemed to have some understanding and both played some good football. 

Had a drink with a few of my mates who came down from Ipswich after the game. I know they're in a pretty dire position and probably haven't seen the best football this season but the first thing they asked was who our number 17 was. They thought he looked decent last night and weren't at all surprised when I mentioned the links he's had to a few big clubs. 

He's had a few dodgy games when he has come in of late and is guilty of shutting off at times but I don't think last night was a particularly bad performance from him. He had to get something on the own goal with the Ipswich guy right behind him waiting to tuck it in. 

13 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Don't think he was that bad tonight to be fair, the OG was just unlucky 

Swinging your leg while getting caught facing your own goal is not unlucky but I thought going forward in the first half he was top class.

14 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I thought Kenlock - their left back ( #30) - was the best player on the pitch.

22, and came through their academy. Everything you want an attacking full-back to be.

Nsiala their right-back, by contrast, was utterly woeful.

Good spot he was extremely tidy , other full back awful. With Ipswich going I think it might be a fire sale at the end of the season 

19 hours ago, City37 said:

Kelly has bags of potential but has a lot to learn.  He is far too predictable - his body language makes it easy to see what he is going to do.

He is far too reliant on using his left foot and must learn to use his right.

On the own goal - to defend with his left foot (on that angle and position) was just unbelievabley bad and shows a complete lack of confidence on his right foot.

Lloyd and coaching team need to work hard on his game realise his true potential.

Also seems too composed on the ball (in tight situations) when he should be looking to just clear.

Having said all that - he is only young!

Yep, one footed and too casual and predictable, but bags of promise and potential.

He needs to get back to playing well regularly.

17 hours ago, dave36 said:

If Webster had not scored then Kelly would have got MOM!

he was the only player to really offer anything going forward apart from Elliason 

JDS against Leeds was out played and overrun, not his fault it was purely down to his stature and the fact he was isolated. Only our coach can be blamed for that!

I would like to see Kelly and JDS alternating in going forward, a bit like Brian and Williams, the difference being Brian resented playing behind Williams and their game suffered because of it, JB often refusing to 1-2 with Williams - Kelly and JDS are team players and would compliment each other well.

Agree, I thought he was our best player last night in a poor team performance.

Is that Bryan and Williams or the ex-Rovers and City LB Brian Williams? ?

29 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Yep, one footed and too casual and predictable, but bags of promise and potential.

He needs to get back to playing well regularly.

Too casual and predictable on an off day I admit.  Last night he was not that.  Hopefully the return of performances pre the emergence of Dasilva.  We have two cracking LBs, both very young, but early in their careers, who will have the odd bad game.  Between the 36 league games they’ve shared, I reckon 30 have been pretty darn decent.  That’s better than a number of pisitions!!

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, I thought he was our best player last night in a poor team performance.

Is that Bryan and Williams or the ex-Rovers and City LB Brian Williams? ?

Joe and Derek, it was really odd when Joe started behind Derek it was an absolute rarity that Joe would pass to Derek, the other way round Derek passed freely, only problem was that once Joe had used or lost the ball he was so lethargic in getting back he often left Derek exposed.  Kelly and JDS could play in a very similar situation, the difference being they have demonstrated that they can and do play well together. A partnership that would really grow if allowed to develop - fly in the ointment - LJ’s Love affair

Archived