IGNORED

Marinovic

redsince1994

5 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Must be on a par with Diony for the worst debut.I suppose it maybe harsh after one game but he looked bloody clueless.God knows what Max must be thinking.....

On par? I remember Diony's debut, and whilst he didn't grab any headlines or feel me with any excitement, he struggled to make a mark on the game.

I don't think I've seen a keeper less comfortable with the ball at his feet. You don't really realise how difficult goalkeeping in the modern game is until you see a performance like that. If this is the best of the free agents at this time, there must be some absolute dross on that list. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If I was Max I’d put in a transfer request. Imagine that keeping you on the bench

Of all the games to debut a new keeper home to the bottom side makes an obvious choice. Max can sleep well tonight as his place in the side is surely guaranteed. 

Wasn’t great, but would’ve had a clean sheet barring an own goal from Kelly.

Don't write him off yet, changing the keeper every other week won’t help.

Max should’ve been given a few games again to see if he was up to it, but Johnson doesn’t trust him obviously. Now he’s got a dilemma. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn’t great, but would’ve had a clean sheet barring an own goal from Kelly.

Don't write him off yet, changing the keeper every other week won’t help.

Max should’ve been given a few games again to see if he was up to it, but Johnson doesn’t trust him obviously. Now he’s got a dilemma. 

It should be the easiest decision he’s ever made.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Ok he was hopeless with his feet but shot stopping he was decent.

Pretty much any professional keeper is a good shot stopper. Everything else about his game was awful, which may well have been due to the amount of time since he has played. But he certainly doesn’t appear

to be the answer to any question other than “what do people in New Zealand who can’t ply rugby or cricket do?”

5 minutes ago, Laner said:

Of all the games to debut a new keeper home to the bottom side makes an obvious choice. Max can sleep well tonight as his place in the side is surely guaranteed. 

When you word it like that yea. 

You could also word it as a fighting side that just drew with 4th place and had 20+ shots against them against a side slipping out of the playoffs with dull performance after dull performance. 

I am just angry I sat in the cold for that. You can almost look at the guy and see he isn’t a footballer. Did make a good save to his credit but another day they score two from his mistakes. 

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

But then what if Max makes a mistake vs Sheffield United? Is he back out again? 

How long is Maenpaa out for?

No Max has proven quite steady and also is 22 not 28 and a full international. If he makes a mistake it is a growing pain of an upcoming player. For me Max is our number 2 now. FF will be gone and Marinovic would have to be amazing if he gets another chance to win most over. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

When you word it like that yea. 

You could also word it as a fighting side that just drew with 4th place and had 20+ shots against them against a side slipping out of the playoffs with dull performance after dull performance. 

I am just angry I sat in the cold for that. You can almost look at the guy and see he isn’t a footballer. Did make a good save to his credit but another day they score two from his mistakes. 

Oh please don't think I'm trying to defend his performance. It was absolutely shocking.

So much of a modern keeper's game is with the ball at his feet. And this guy had no control and a can't kick.

11 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Pretty much any professional keeper is a good shot stopper. Everything else about his game was awful, which may well have been due to the amount of time since he has played. But he certainly doesn’t appear

to be the answer to any question other than “what do people in New Zealand who can’t ply rugby or cricket do?”

Baaa ! ? ?

55 minutes ago, RedSA said:

When was the last time he played? I'll give him the benefit and assume he was very much out of match practise. 

Well wtf are we putting him in a game for? We have weeks until our next game. I assume we have some U23 games? We’ll inevitably play a behind closed doors game or two to tick over. 

Tonight was the wrong choice 100%. 

Archived