IGNORED

Marinovic

redsince1994

What sort of message does this send to Max. We hear all this bollocks about pathways for the youth to the first team and how close Max is to first team football yet he gets dropped for someone who hasn’t played for a significant amount of time and has had numerous trials since being released without being signed. 

Well he was shite tonight and LJ can say he was rusty all he likes. He should know that, he signed him, and chose to play him. 

37 minutes ago, !james said:

LJ on radio Bristol just admitted bad mistakes by keeper and went on to say he was always going to be rusty after so long out... Bizarre

Let’s give the keeper a bit of credit though. He was clearly distraught at the end of the game, you could see that. Then you find out after the game that he hasn’t played for nearly SIX MONTHS. He was literally thrown under the bus by Johnson. Not a senior player so doesn’t matter!!

Kelly has a bad 45 a few weeks back - off you come son.

Semenyo a disappointing home debut - hooked.

Paterson a senior player has a shocker that takes some beating  - you stay on a bit longer lad.

Perhaps paranoia is setting in but I fear a pattern is forming.

1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

You shouldn't wrote a player off after 1 game....but it's really tempting

LMFAO. BUT I AGREE!

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've seen better debuts. :doh:

I would be surprised if there were many that hadn’t. However made one good save. But I certainly think having a dodgy keeper made a really bad performance much worse! But hey. He could still come good. 

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Johnson has the "luxury" of choosing this new bloke over O'Leary between the sticks , but only one target man (and a very unreliable one at that) at the club.

Something gone a bit wrong methinks

It's a bit of an odd comparison. 

He is only here because of us having a keeper injury crisis and so we had to get him in whilst we could. That's very different to finding a decent striker to take some of the load off of Diedhiou 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

It's a bit of an odd comparison. 

He is only here because of us having a keeper injury crisis and so we had to get him in whilst we could. That's very different to finding a decent striker to take some of the load off of Diedhiou 

Is Max injured? Nope, then why **** about.

His kicking was poor but he got down well to several shots ... however I really wasn’t comfortable with how low he was catching the ball when coming out and claiming a ball ... he was catching it low into his stomach... it’s a very slow way of doing it waiting for the ball to drop that low .. a fast striker would easily get across him and get there first 

Obviously way off the pace but not his fault for being selected when he clearly wasn't ready to play. 

Actually felt pretty sorry for him towards the end and thought the blatant jeering and mild hostility towards him was a touch embarrassing and OTT considering the circumstances, new league, new teammates, obviously not comfortable with the ball at his feet, out of practice, must win game etc.

Bring him in as backup by all means but I didn't get the decision to play him for the sake of it when Max should have kept the shirt and been trusted 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn’t great, but would’ve had a clean sheet barring an own goal from Kelly.

Don't write him off yet, changing the keeper every other week won’t help.

Max should’ve been given a few games again to see if he was up to it, but Johnson doesn’t trust him obviously. Now he’s got a dilemma. 

Sounds promising... In that case I'd play A Dilemma in the next game, where did we get him from?   :dunno:

15 minutes ago, GILLI said:

His kicking was poor but he got down well to several shots ... however I really wasn’t comfortable with how low he was catching the ball when coming out and claiming a ball ... he was catching it low into his stomach... it’s a very slow way of doing it waiting for the ball to drop that low .. a fast striker would easily get across him and get there first 

I noticed his catching a few times. If he carries on doing it then opposition managers are going to pick up on that very quickly. Someone like Billy Sharp will love it 

47 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Well wtf are we putting him in a game for? We have weeks until our next game. I assume we have some U23 games? We’ll inevitably play a behind closed doors game or two to tick over. 

Tonight was the wrong choice 100%. 

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

So whom' the **** is responsible for bringing this clown in???....

A ******* disgrace.....Ashton & Co?? overpaid slapdash unprofessional *****.

Mid season there aren't many available, was worth a try but not sure it's worked out. Hadn't played for a while so might be better next time wouldn't write him off yet

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

Looking worse business than spending 5M on Fam. Accident waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

So whom' the **** is responsible for bringing this clown in???....

A ******* disgrace.....Ashton & Co?? overpaid slapdash unprofessional *****.

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

Its mind boggling to think in the world of football our scouts come up with that looked nothing like a footballer up there with bas savage and lewis diony awful

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

I’d love to know who scouts the keeper’s we sign, Maenpaa granted has been decent but **** me we’ve had some absolute tripe on our books since Heaton left.

Just to put some perspective to your points. 

We are outside of a transfer window. Our 2 first choice keepers are injured. We need to sign one and so the only options will be free transfers. 

That means our choice is limited to players who are currently without a club. And there’ll be a reason for that. 

To placate your desire to have us scout some worldie off the street, I can confirm that City looked into a number of available keepers and this chap was the best of the bunch. 

So I can’t put the blame on our scouting / recruitment for this one. We simply had no options. 

What I can criticise though, is why he was thrown in after months of not playing. Max should’ve played and kiwi number 2. 

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Even though his ball control was shite tonight, I’m not going to rubbish him so soon. 

I remember someone on another forum going to town with Wade Elliott’s fist game and he didn’t turn out to bad. Plus someone on this forum said they never want to see Matt Smith again. 

First point fair enough, but I have to disagree with the rest...

Wade Elliott is in no way a 'not too bad boxer'

And commenting on personal relationships is not on, what right have we to question Matt Smiths ex-girlfriend's feelings? Why she was on this forum is another thing though. 

Innit.

Without a doubt he was awful, but needs must. Fielding and Maenpaa are out for the rest of the season so City had to get another goalkeeper from somewhere. Due to only being able to sign contracted players in a window, it had to be someone who was a free agent - ie Marinovic.  I’m sure LJ thought playing him against Ipswich was a safe option

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Shocking goalkeeper. I hope he his packing his bags as we speak!!!

LJ has thrown him in after a long time out and a week at the club can't expect him to have been up to speed. Max should have played but the new guy has been thrown under the bus.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

But then what if Max makes a mistake vs Sheffield United? Is he back out again? 

How long is Maenpaa out for?

Nah keep him in. At least Max could have a future here.

Apart from one good save that was comfortably the worst goalkeeping performance I can remember for us in just about every aspect.

Guy was devastated. The last kick that went into the stands and was booed I thought he was going to cry. 

Ironic thing is, after his first heart stopping moment after 40 seconds, the next time he did pick a beautiful pass out wide, and I thought 'ah we've got a ball player' and tried to assure myself that even Ederson and Allison got caught out early in their English career . . . but then it just kept getting worse and worse. 

Poor bloke. Weston could be after a new number 2 though if he likes the area. 

Archived