IGNORED

Marinovic

redsince1994

8 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Obviously way off the pace but not his fault for being selected when he clearly wasn't ready to play

Which is how most will have seen it, and as @tommy_b says no need to have rushed him in with 3 weeks to the next game, but the EP's Gregor MacGregor has posted this on Twitter and words fail me - we are using important league games for trials. What happened to players holding a position until they underperform? Why does that not apply to Max? He's done nothing wrong.

9 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Even though his ball control was shite tonight, I’m not going to rubbish him so soon. 

I remember someone on another forum going to town with Wade Elliott’s fist game and he didn’t turn out to bad. Plus someone on this forum said they never want to see Matt Smith again. 

.....and the horrendous error Frankie made on his debut that led to a goal being conceded? He didn’t turn out too bad...

7 hours ago, Spoons said:

This geezer wouldn't get a game up the downs! 

He couldn't kick pass the half way line, kicked into touch more than FF and looked a bit porky? 

Why the hell wasn't max starting in front of this bloke. 

Words fail me! 

Puts your hatred of Fielding into some perspective. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Marinovic didn’t cover himself in glory and maybe isn’t very good but the treatment dished out to him by the Ashton Gate faithful was an embarrassment and hardly conducive to him settling in and giving  his best performance.

Where was the support for the debutant ? 

To be fair major, it probably went on the second hesitated clearance, and/or how he didn't look overly convincing coming out for the ball. That being said, I think we're being a bit harsh on the guy.

Couple of decent stops, few decent kicks upfield, but how much of a factor was the wind? Not being there I don't know how much (if at all) it was a factor, but up here in Essex the wind has been quite bad for a few days.

All being said, unless Max had a knock, then he shouldn't have been playing that quickly after signing - especially if he hasn't played competitive football for a while. That would be a bad call by LJ. 

Marinovic can't be blamed for the performance of everybody else though, our goal should have kicked us on a bit. Instead, they just played as if they couldnt be bothered, and maybe their minds were on what they were going to be doing during this upcoming break....

11 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Give him a chance, you were all writing off Maenpaa after the Blackburn game but he's our best keeper since Heaton.

This guy made mistakes with his feet but saved well and certainly wasnt at fault for a goal.

Think the mistake was LJ telling both goalkeepers last week that he would play one in the Leeds game and the other in the Ipswich game. Should have kept with Max prior to the International break and given Marinovic the time to get used to the players in practise and possibly an U23 game if there is one

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Which is how most will have seen it, and as @tommy_b says no need to have rushed him in with 3 weeks to the next game, but the EP's Gregor MacGregor has posted this on Twitter and words fail me - we are using important league games for trials. What happened to players holding a position until they underperform? Why does that not apply to Max? He's done nothing wrong.

Madness. Matches 35 and 36 in a 46 game match season are not the time to try out two keepers just to "see who is best". Surely this is what training, U23 games, and closed door friendlies are for? Johnson should know all about how Max plays - why does Max need a glorified trial? Then Marinovic has had a week of training to show what he can do. Crazy to then use these games as testers...and crazier still to admit it to a local journo. Just say Max tweaked a hamstring or something.

Marinovic's error in the first minute was the death knell. Immediately puts himself into so much negative credit with the fans. He'd have had to play a worldie game to recover from that...but ended up spooning several kicks straight to Johnson in the technical area.

As an aside, I presume we will see Max in goal for the rest of the season.

Playing Marinovic after just 5 days with the club and such a long break from the game is absolutely pathetic from LJ.  Feel embarrassed for Max to lose his place to someone so rusty.

Lee is a decent coach, but as a manager some of his decisions are shocking.  First Semenyo to start on the wing against Leeds, and now this, truly bizarre.

34 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Think the mistake was LJ telling both goalkeepers last week that he would play one in the Leeds game and the other in the Ipswich game. Should have kept with Max prior to the International break and given Marinovic the time to get used to the players in practise and possibly an U23 game if there is one

Exactly. Max should have played last night and Marionovic at the U23 game at Crewe, TODAY. 

So Max could have played an absolute blinder against Leeds and he would never have got the game last night? Madness.

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

I’d rather Jojo Woolacot 100%

Who plays like a modern Keeper. Players drop in and go wide as receivers. Players do the same for Max O'Leary who can pick a pass.

Marinovic? If he does not possess the above key skill? Why is he here? What is it Mr Johnson is attempting to do?

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If I was Max I’d put in a transfer request. Imagine that keeping you on the bench

Pathway policy just disintegrated into dust and blown away by the gales.

Semenyo to the slaughter on Saturday and O'Leary not considered trustworthy on Tuesday.

The only question for me now is who will be sacked first?

Teresa or Lee?

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. Max should have played last night and Marionovic at the U23 game at Crewe, TODAY. 

So Max could have played an absolute blinder against Leeds and he would never have got the game last night? Madness.

What, there's an u23 game today?  100% that should've been Marinovic's first game.  I just can't figure out why Lee and the coaches thought it was a good idea.

Imagine if he had lost us the game with some of his mistakes, we'd been rightly calling for Lee's head today.

He must have looked bloody amazing in training!!!

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What, there's an u23 game today?  100% that should've been Marinovic's first game.  I just can't figure out why Lee and the coaches thought it was a good idea.

Imagine if he had lost us the game with some of his mistakes, we'd been rightly calling for Lee's head today.

I’m really hoping that GregMcGreg has got this one game each and playoff decider winner takes all game thing totally wrong. It seriously can’t be the case can it?

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Pathway policy just disintegrated into dust and blown away by the gales.

Semenyo to the slaughter on Saturday and O'Leary not considered trustworthy on Tuesday.

The only question for me now is who will be sacked first?

Teresa or Lee?

And its disappointing to see that. Including the pathway there is supposed to be a big plan driving BCFC. 

Bristol City have brought in technical players like Webster. Yesterday at goal kicks players moved to the half way line to contest punts. Players stopped going short for the Keeper. Some advantages of having players like Webster are lost due to the inability of the Keeper.

It may have been nerves … It may also be a serious lack of ability. And if it is technical deficiency. Why is this player here?

13 hours ago, JBFC II said:

A free signing on small wages. 

Yep he wasn't great tonight but he had to be brought in as we have a gk injury crisis currently... 

Wages? I'd hope he paid City a fiver subs for that.

46 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I said to my mate i go with - his horrific touch that nearly cost us after 40 seconds set the tone of the game. From then on, you could see Kalas and Webster didnt feel comfortable passing back to him. That changes the dynamic of the whole game, and how we play. Keepers now (and to us) are so important to ball rotation it's the same as not being comfortable passing to a midfielder/defender.

Johnson shrugged that off as 'welcome to the Championship'. If I was Max last night i'd have been absolutely furious & felt a bit saddened to see that LJ didnt have full confidence in him, seeing Marionvic nearly cost us the game on a few separate occasions.

12 hours ago, City18 said:

Don't know what I was expecting, played majority of his career in German third and fourth division. 

Don't really blame him, just don't know what he is doing at city. Not impressed at whoever is responsible for him signing

I'd be happier with Max and Jojo as back up if we cant find a decent experienced keeper anywhere thats available.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I said to my mate i go with - his horrific touch that nearly cost us after 40 seconds set the tone of the game. From then on, you could see Kalas and Webster didnt feel comfortable passing back to him. That changes the dynamic of the whole game, and how we play. Keepers now (and to us) are so important to ball rotation it's the same as not being comfortable passing to a midfielder/defender.

Johnson shrugged that off as 'welcome to the Championship'. If I was Max last night i'd have been absolutely furious & felt a bit saddened to see that LJ didnt have full confidence in him, seeing Marionvic nearly cost us the game on a few separate occasions.

Amazing wasn't it, every time Webster got the ball where he would usually play the simple ball back to Niki to keep possession going he would turn straight around with the ball to face forwards. It was like in the playground when you had that one kid who was shocking and it just made more sense to try and take it on yourself rather than pass to them. It also caused us to have to go long frequently, as the Ipswich attackers closed down the gap between Webby and Kalas forcing them to have no other option as they were petrified to pass back. 

You could tell they were thinking what in the world has happened for this guy to be in goal. 

Give it Max till the end of the season, although currently not as good or experienced as Niki and Frankie he has just as much or more talent, and is far more competent with the ball at his feet. 

Accepting that we have two keepers for the rest of the season yet to find their feet at this level and accepting that mistakes may be made surely we go with the keeper who is more in tune with the teams style of play in terms of playing from the back. On last nights evidence it has to be O’Leary?

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Madness. Matches 35 and 36 in a 46 game match season are not the time to try out two keepers just to "see who is best". Surely this is what training, U23 games, and closed door friendlies are for? Johnson should know all about how Max plays - why does Max need a glorified trial? Then Marinovic has had a week of training to show what he can do. Crazy to then use these games as testers...and crazier still to admit it to a local journo. Just say Max tweaked a hamstring or something.

Marinovic's error in the first minute was the death knell. Immediately puts himself into so much negative credit with the fans. He'd have had to play a worldie game to recover from that...but ended up spooning several kicks straight to Johnson in the technical area.

As an aside, I presume we will see Max in goal for the rest of the season.

Promising both guy's a game each??

Anyone would think it's downs league football... ridiculous, amateurish & worrying.

Why would any manager/coach at this level/stage of the season 'piss around in this way ???.. it's the thing that really bothers me with Johnson-quite capable of  the ludicrous at the worst possible time.

32 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Promising both guy's a game each??

Anyone would think it's downs league football... ridiculous, amateurish & worrying.

Why would any manager/coach at this level/stage of the season 'piss around in this way ???.. it's the thing that really bothers me with Johnson-quite capable of  the ludicrous at the worst possible time.

You know what, I am actually angry about this decision. I don't get angry easily, but I just can't understand the logic. I want LJ to succeed. He's a young English manager who's built his career the hard way and I want this club to be somewhere that someone like that can succeed. It's ******* hard to keep thinking like that, and to keep defending him, when he makes mad decisions like this and then admits it to a journalist.

Archived