IGNORED

Boring flat and totally predictable

I did think we got the starting line ups round the wrong way with this game and the Leeds game but don’t put all your hopes on a kid you have seen play 80 mins of championship football 

the team have got us where we are, punching way above our weight 

if at the start of the season someone said we would be in 6th with 10 to go , you would have taken it ??

no argument about tonight though , really poor game and we need to start Diedhiou and Taylor together against poor teams.   Patterson behind Diedhiou when we play tough teams 

44 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

As the title says what a load of garbage!

Paterson barely touches the ball all night and the young boy sits on the bench and doesn't get a look in.

No doubt Johnson will put some pathetic spin on it though. 

Rubbish 

8 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I did think we got the starting line ups round the wrong way with this game and the Leeds game but don’t put all your hopes on a kid you have seen play 80 mins of championship football 

the team have got us where we are, punching way above our weight 

if at the start of the season someone said we would be in 6th with 10 to go , you would have taken it ??

no argument about tonight though , really poor game and we need to start Diedhiou and Taylor together against poor teams.   Patterson behind Diedhiou when we play tough teams 

I agree that tonight was a dismal performance against a dogged Ipswich fighting for their Championship lives.

City seemed to lack any guile to break down teams that set up to park the bus. We saw the same against Rotherham and only beat them after two of theirs were sent off. 

It goes back to lack of creativity in midfield that has returned for some reason.......:dunno:

Playing one up top at home doesn’t win many plaudits either. Surely tonight was the right time to start Semenyo along side Famara?  

Not that long ago City were on a great wining run.......now are struggling to win a game. What has happened to consistently?

Our attack is toothless. Fammy needs to forge some kind of relationship with one of the other forwards who are supposed to be picking up the flick ons from him. Until then those long balls up to him are a complete waste of time, and the reason we look sub-standard, especially at home.

7 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Our attack is toothless. Fammy needs to forge some kind of relationship with one of the other forwards who are supposed to be picking up the flick ons from him. Until then those long balls up to him are a complete waste of time, and the reason we look sub-standard, especially at home.

Doesn't help he sets us up defensively to start with and not a single ball winner in a 5 man midfield and a striker who let's face it couldn't trap a bag of cement. Preston, Birmingham, Leeds and Ipswich all out played us in the middle half because we invite pressure. We won't make the PO with what we have against the teams coming up that's for certain and I certainly fear the worst end of the month when we face Sheffield United. A manager who has identified what was needed to install a winning mentality and the personnel to do it we have neither.

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City seemed to lack any guile to break down teams that set up to park the bus. We saw the same against Rotherham and only beat them after two of theirs were sent off. 

Ipswich certainly didn't park the bus tonight..They made us look pedestrian with their quick passing and energy and we must be grateful they didn't have any goalscorers.

13 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Doesn't help he sets us up defensively to start with and not a single ball winner in a 5 man midfield and a striker who let's face it couldn't trap a bag of cement. Preston, Birmingham, Leeds and Ipswich all out played us in the middle half because we invite pressure. We won't make the PO with what we have against the teams coming up that's for certain and I certainly fear the worst end of the month when we face Sheffield United. A manager who has identified what was needed to install a winning mentality and the personnel to do it we have neither.

It's certainly true that we don't have anyone in the middle of the park who can consistently win the 50/50s. So many problems...

We have a good CB pairing mind.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I agree that tonight was a dismal performance against a dogged Ipswich fighting for their Championship lives.

It goes back to lack of creativity in midfield that has returned for some reason.......:dunno:

Playing one up top at home doesn’t win many plaudits either. Surely tonight was the right time to start Semenyo along side Famara?  

Not that long ago City were on a great wining run.......now are struggling to win a game. What has happened to consistently?

Who parked the bus? Near equal possession, more shots on target and 12 shots on goal overall...thought they played some alright stuff as it goes, but then again we were shocking. They were frequently more dangerous than us though. That could be constructed as having some strong counter attacking ability but in no way did they park the bus- not the same.

Yes, a distinct lack. Playing Pack and Brownhill in a 2 with Paterson central though is part of the issue...still think we need a '3' in there, can give Pack a bit more time and protection to pick his passes. Whether it is Morrell (maybe nobody else except 

Some of the top sides in the world play one up front and yes at home. Admittedly that will morph very easily into a 4-3-3 with aggressive attacking full backs...and they can interchange really well but one up front at home isn't the problem, getting the right levels of support is. I actually thought Eliasson, Paterson, Weimann, Diedhiou- plus Hunt at RB- augured well for attacking intent.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Parked the bus ?

I don't know what game you were watching last nigh but they certainly didn't park the bus.

Or is this just another of your pathetic attempts to be noticed.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Parked the Bus?

I thought Ipswich gave it a good go tbh and if a neutral had to predict who was fighting for a place in the play offs and who was as good as relegated they would have got it completely wrong.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Brownhill, Paterson & Weimann were all completely anonymous. All 3 of them offered bugger all. 

They were the 3 worst performers by a long long way. 

Given how lightweight Paterson, Weimann and Elliason all are it means that if two of those three are having a shocker it effectively leaves us 9 v 11. Rather than dealing with that situation it seems that Johnson was more concerned with giving the 4th official a hard time until the inevitable Ipswich equaliser went in. He doesn’t have a problem dragging off youngsters at half time in order to change the course of a game but when it’s senior players who need to be hooked.........

We are very one diamensional launching up to fam at every oppurtunity and hoping somehow hes miracuously going to bring it under control and best his three six foot plus markers highly unlikely and we just end up feeding off scraps its becoming almost unbearable to watch a guy a couple of rows behind me spends all game when we have the ball shouting why dont we try launching it to dave which was oncce quite amusing but after all these games and seemingly all lj has got to offer i have had a gutsfull of watching it even after the subs are brought on the tactic remains much the same hideous football totally hideous

If you can bear to watch again, count the number of times we have possession without being under pressure, followed by indecision or a mistake and we lose possession. 

Rarely did we string 3 or more basic, competent passes together. 

That's unforgiveable and totally unprofessional. 

You'd barely see it on the Downs. 

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

The title of this thread sums up the vast majority of home games this season. Mind numbing.

The result last night, although disappointing, I can easily live with, the type of football on show though was unbearable.

That’s the point though isn’t it,we have no devine right to win any game,but a least give it a good go FFS.

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Given how lightweight Paterson, Weimann and Elliason all are it means that if two of those three are having a shocker it effectively leaves us 9 v 11. Rather than dealing with that situation it seems that Johnson was more concerned with giving the 4th official a hard time until the inevitable Ipswich equaliser went in. He doesn’t have a problem dragging off youngsters at half time in order to change the course of a game but when it’s senior players who need to be hooked.........

Whilst I agree, you brought Eliasson into the convo when I’d mentioned Paterson, Weimann & Brownhill. 

Brownhill seems to get away without any criticism by most people. He’s been an absolute liability during the poor run again and yet everyone else seems to get the can before he does. 

He needs to step up. He’s been awful.  

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst I agree, you brought Eliasson into the convo when I’d mentioned Paterson, Weimann & Brownhill. 

Brownhill seems to get away without any criticism by most people. He’s been an absolute liability during the poor run again and yet everyone else seems to get the can before he does. 

Tbf I do agree about Brownhill last night. Possibly one of his worst games in a City shirt. I was just making the point that you can’t have two out of your three more lightweight players not performing and staying on for 75 minutes!!

On 13/03/2019 at 13:35, Banjo Island said:

We are very one diamensional launching up to fam at every oppurtunity and hoping somehow hes miracuously going to bring it under control and best his three six foot plus markers highly unlikely and we just end up feeding off scraps its becoming almost unbearable to watch a guy a couple of rows behind me spends all game when we have the ball shouting why dont we try launching it to dave which was oncce quite amusing but after all these games and seemingly all lj has got to offer i have had a gutsfull of watching it even after the subs are brought on the tactic remains much the same hideous football totally hideous

Spot on we will have to have a beer in Hanham spoons an get if off our chest mate

On 13/03/2019 at 19:54, Harry said:

Indeed he has.  He is knackered.  Although I sometimes moan that he does everything at 100mph, when he’s not running around at 100mph (busy bee ?) he offers nothing.

Him and Pack sat alongside each other for large parts of the game, unable to close down, unable to get space to move the ball, etc.  It had a knock-on to Pato who therefore couldn’t get away from Chalobah, nor when Ipswich had the ball could we get any pressure on Chalobah or the other CMs.  The spell of 20 minutes in the first half where we played better co-incided with Brownhill leaving Pack’s side and getting alongside Pato.

I don’t think Pato is knackered per se, but he’s gonna be quiet if the other two aren’t doing their jobs.  Is Pack trying to avoid his 10th yellow?  Recent yellows v QPR, Brum and PNE, Of which 2 of the 3 seemed needless, put him on the brink of a 2 game suspension, which would have meant missing one or both of Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough had he got another in the last 2 games.

On 13/03/2019 at 19:54, Harry said:

I called Josh out on Twitter a while back - not being a keyboard warrior - just telling him he is below his own high standards and that he was better than this and let’s get back on it cos we need him firing - I actually thought it would gee him up as he seems to genuinely care and I was annoyed with all his followers who were just licking his arse with “you’re the best Josh” type comments and not telling the truth.

The shit I got was unbelievable from this vast following trying to get a “like” from him/each other - even his brother was having a pop at me.

Untouchable it would seem !!

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed he has.  He is knackered.  Although I sometimes moan that he does everything at 100mph, when he’s not running around at 100mph (busy bee ?) he offers nothing.

Him and Pack sat alongside each other for large parts of the game, unable to close down, unable to get space to move the ball, etc.  It had a knock-on to Pato who therefore couldn’t get away from Chalobah, nor when Ipswich had the ball could we get any pressure on Chalobah or the other CMs.  The spell of 20 minutes in the first half where we played better co-incided with Brownhill leaving Pack’s side and getting alongside Pato.

I don’t think Pato is knackered per se, but he’s gonna be quiet if the other two aren’t doing their jobs.  Is Pack trying to avoid his 10th yellow?  Recent yellows v QPR, Brum and PNE, Of which 2 of the 3 seemed needless, put him on the brink of a 2 game suspension, which would have meant missing one or both of Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough had he got another in the last 2 games.

I refuse to just accept he is tired and shrug our shoulders. Why's he get get a free pass? Other players across the division don't. 

And tiredness doesn't explain a complete inability to pass. 

37 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I refuse to just accept he is tired and shrug our shoulders. Why's he get get a free pass? Other players across the division don't. 

And tiredness doesn't explain a complete inability to pass. 

I’m certainly not shrugging my shoulders and giving him a free pass.  Whether it’s tiredness, lack of form, attitude, whatever, we (LJ) should have clarity of selection at all times.  I do accept you might give a bit of leeway on some players, based on “form is temporary, class is permanent”, but when you’ve got players chomping at the bit it creates frustration.  I’ve no doubt that Morrell would’ve done better than a tired Brownhill on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m certainly not shrugging my shoulders and giving him a free pass.  Whether it’s tiredness, lack of form, attitude, whatever, we (LJ) should have clarity of selection at all times.  I do accept you might give a bit of leeway on some players, based on “form is temporary, class is permanent”, but when you’ve got players chomping at the bit it creates frustration.  I’ve no doubt that Morrell would’ve done better than a tired Brownhill on Tuesday.

If Brownhill is that crap due to tiredness then he'll be lucky to play non-league football at 32 years of age as he'll certainly have less energy than a tired Beownhill in his early twenties. 

37 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If Brownhill is that crap due to tiredness then he'll be lucky to play non-league football at 32 years of age as he'll certainly have less energy than a tired Beownhill in his early twenties. 

I think some of his problems are that he runs around aimlessly at times, expending energy when he doesn’t need to.

Value for money in terms of entertainment, attacking play, shots on target, excitement, and any semblance of witnessing a spectacle were lacking once again, as in so many home games this season.

Cold and windy miserable evening left me trudging home bored and pissed off, having seen absolutely nothing on the pitch to lift the spirits.

Lights far too ******** bright for a night match. 'Special atmosphere under the AG lights', my foot.

We're doing 'well' but it's bloody hard work to get enthused about what we see. So bloody dull.

Certainly in no hurry to renew my ST.

Archived