IGNORED

Justifiable boos

Fordy62

Boos at the final whistle and quite rightly so.

what a pathetic performance and result. And the blame must lay squarely at LJ’s feet. 

At no point was that ever working. At no point did we play good football. And we left it until the ******* 73rd minute to make substitutions - what was Johnson thinking?

Why are we so shit so regularly? I assure you that if we play like that for the rest of the season (or like we have for the past half dozen games) then we’ll be nowhere near the top 6. 

I only ask that we’re not shit. Today we were ultra shit. 

As for that keeper...

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Sh*t atmosphere all night, which the commentators mentioned many times.

new keeper in goal making a howler at the start probably didn’t help settle the nerves and that gave Ipswich encouragement

Only so much the crowd can do to create an atmosphere. The players have to look up for it and dominate especially at home. Atmosphere was dead tonight because we were second best to the team that’s bottom of the league

No creativity, no service to Fam from midfield other than NE’s crosses against bottom of the table is not good enough. 

Palmer, Semenyo should have started, they offer something different and are unpredictable - aimless punts up field in the vague direction of our lone striker is not gonna achieve anything. 

Something happens when we lose when on the back of decent results. 

It cannot be the players, there's no way 11-15 players can lose form across the matter of 2 matches. No way at all. 

I think LJ panics. I think he is acutely aware of his form for poor runs and I think he must change things. Yes we got beat by Wolves but v Birmingham we were completely different. Approached it differently, stopped keeping it tight. Stopped doing the simple things that got us top 6. 

I fail to believe that that the form of 11-15 players can fall off a cliff unless there is a substantial and enforced change to all of them and how they play. that can only come from one person. 

We will lose games. Sometimes as a result of being unlucky. Sometimes as a result of being outplayed. That is no need to make wholesale changes to lineup, tactics, formation and personnel. Keep going with what's worked, and itll work again. 

Panic button in full flow. And the awful display, awful GK, awful atmosphere and justified boo's will only make him push that button even harder.

So glad there is a break now, but I fully expect the tombola to ramp up its performance in our ten game run-in. 

Seen it before unfortunately. Not sure how it stops. Problem is, LJ doesn't either and the players, our results and our play off hopes are at his mercy until he calms down and goes back to what we were doing so well. Beyond frustrating 

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

new keeper in goal making a howler at the start probably didn’t help settle the nerves and that gave Ipswich encouragement

Shit atmosphere, even sh*tter comentaters.

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

what a pathetic performance and result. And the blame must lay squarely at LJ’s feet. 

At no point was that ever working. At no point did we play good football. And we left it until the ******* 73rd minute to make substitutions - what was Johnson thinking?

Why are we so shit so regularly? I assure you that if we play like that for the rest of the season (or like we have for the past half dozen games) then we’ll be nowhere near the top 6. 

As for that keeper...

Not enough boos imo!!

horrible performance. I’d even argue there were a few not even trying tonight. 

Gutless. 

Slow, poor first touches from a few, silent crowd, and as for that keeper.....

One team is pretty much down this season, and the other is in the playoffs. On tonights showing, you'd think that Ipswich were the ones pushing for promotion, not us.

Terrible.

9 minutes ago, The King of Spain said:

No creativity, no service to Fam from midfield other than NE’s crosses against bottom of the table is not good enough. 

Palmer, Semenyo should have started, they offer something different and are unpredictable - aimless punts up field in the vague direction of our lone striker is not gonna achieve anything. 

90 seconds to go in possession - Fam on the 18 yard line. 

9 minutes ago, The King of Spain said:

Is that the NE our clueless coach then took off???

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

As for that keeper...

Just get rid of the manager in the summer. Bloke is bang average. He will never get us top 6....

I'm pretty sure that boos are the last think the players need right now (booze maybe).

They're bereft of confidence and cohesion. The Keeper set the tone (let's not forget he made one top save), and the rest followed.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm pretty sure that boos are the last think the players need right now (booze maybe).

They're bereft of confidence and cohesion. The Keeper set the tone (let's not forget he made one top save), and the rest followed.

Bereft of confidence? The little flowers.

29 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Excuses. We were pathetic tonight. 

Pack, brownhill, wiemann, pato, fam , anonymous . No tempo , no urgency, tactically poor. 

I know we have a way of playing with the 4141 but tonight was a chance to get some confidence flowing by getting more forwards on the pitch to start with . 

Ive said it before , I’ll say it again . Famara is not good enough to be in a team challenging for the play offs. 

We are nowhere near good enough to go up either . 

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Poor little lambs....

Hope they are ok 

I am glad you mentioned the subs. Game needed a spark at 55-60 minutes and no one was even warming up. LJ reverting back to reaction subs.

Then bringing on Taylor with 5 min left. What is Matty Taylor’s motivation for those 5 minutes? I get be a pro and all that but no matter what he does he won’t get a start or two. Tbh I probably wouldn’t be that up for a cold 5 minutes either. 

Midfield again look absolutely exhausted and out of legs but no Morrell or Walsh. 

Paterson spent all second half falling down and my god anyone near him he is losing that ball. If there is no space then may as well play him where Pack does. 

I didn’t boo but boy did I want to. Reason I didn’t because personally could feel the result all day. We can go on about progress but LJ finding himself in the middle of another long winless run with not very favourable fixtures to end it. So no, now we find ourselves in another one I don’t feel progress has been made. At least on the head coach front. Probably overreacting but don’t care because you can almost always predict how our season will go. Big ups and giant downs. Watch as teams like Preston, Sheff Wed and Hull pass us on the way to top 10 finishes as we fall out of it and Kalas, O’Dowda Dasilva and probably a couple other leave for better things

For a team fighting for a play off place for the Premier League that performance is truly unacceptable, from players, tactics, manager and substitutions that was worse than abysmal and painful to watch.

i think only Kalas, Eliasson can hold their heads up after that shower of ****

Archived