IGNORED

Justifiable boos

Fordy62

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

As a manager he is exactly the same as he was as a player

Tidy, comfortable, but will never set the world alight .

He wasn't that ******* good. A bottler who never scored, never won a header, only passed sideways and if his old man wasn't manager would've vbeen shipped out long before. 

Oh, and when he was shipped out, to the mighty hearts,, he failed. 

Nothing but a puppet...

Hes not going anywhere any time soon so I am. I'm bored of it

We've got 2 points from the last 5 league games. That's the worst points gain out of the whole league. 

Unless we have a significant turn around in form we're heading for a finish of eighth or tength if we're lucky.

At the start of the season I would have been happy with that. BUT, looking at where we are now and the opportunity to push on we had by obtaining some real quality in January to back up Famara, I think, yet again, we've probably got it wrong again.

Hope to be proved wrong.

Your poor performance probably made us out to be better than we clearly are.    The very same thing occurred at West Bromwich on Saturday.    Took one of your own players to get us on the scoresheet and even with key players out, we're essentially papering over cracks that resemble chasms.

Bit of advice here, we've been inconsistent, underachieved and a poor team of the best part of twelve years.   Wouldn't worry too much over random games that may derail your promotion chance.    Obviously got to where you are now by picking up enough victories and doing something right since the start of season.     Calling it a night.  

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Boos at the final whistle and quite rightly so.

what a pathetic performance and result. And the blame must lay squarely at LJ’s feet. 

At no point was that ever working. At no point did we play good football. And we left it until the ******* 73rd minute to make substitutions - what was Johnson thinking?

Why are we so shit so regularly? I assure you that if we play like that for the rest of the season (or like we have for the past half dozen games) then we’ll be nowhere near the top 6. 

I only ask that we’re not shit. Today we were ultra shit. 

As for that keeper...

If I've understood you here, you are saying that the booing v Leeds Saturday was poor. It cannot have helped going in to last night's game.

Ultimately - in the long run - booing your own team is an own-goal. It's thick. 

23 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

If I've understood you here, you are saying that the booing v Leeds Saturday was poor. It cannot have helped going in to last night's game.

Ultimately - in the long run - booing your own team is an own-goal. It's thick. 

No. Thick is watching your team be an absolute shower of shit and being in a position to change it but choosing not to until the 73rd minute. I’m not sure I can think of any other manager who’d have let that happen. 

Yes agree total pants last night have we turned into s long ball team hit and hope. Ipswich looked good last night. Since the loss to Wolves we have not won a game. Forget the playoffs with a performance like that. West Browich  sacked their manger after drawing with Ipswich Saturday and they were 4th in the league.

It was an awful performance but to say categorically that LJ will never get us top 6 which is exactly where we are with 10 games to go.

However to say that his managerial career reflects his playing career I have to agree with. As a player he helped us have our best season in the Championship and as a manager only his father has thus far done better. Still let’s not let facts get in the way of a good agenda.

Do I think that we will finish top 6 ? On recent evidence probably not but neither did I think we would be top 6 going into the final 10 games. Whilst last nights performance was totally underwhelming the season as a whole has been a pleasant surprise albeit with the usual frustrations but largely over-achieving based on our players and resources compared to others. Surely LJ is a big part of that.

10 hours ago, freezer said:

We've got 2 points from the last 5 league games. That's the worst points gain out of the whole league. 

Unless we have a significant turn around in form we're heading for a finish of eighth or tength if we're lucky.

At the start of the season I would have been happy with that. BUT, looking at where we are now and the opportunity to push on we had by obtaining some real quality in January to back up Famara, I think, yet again, we've probably got it wrong again.

Hope to be proved wrong.

We have the most difficult end to the season. We're 5 points ahead of 13th. I think we'll have done well from here to finish 13th based on last night. 

That's where we'll finish. 

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

I never boo but did not clap at the final whistle.  

this. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You know what? After traveling and then spending hours in the freezing cold ass biting wind I have every bloody right to boo the players for that pathetic performance.

yeah. Just always seemed bizarre to me that people boo their own team. It's only ever a minority though. ..Trust me..No player goes out to play badly and booing then makes them worse...I think some people actually enjoy us preforming badly ( 6 th) atm as it allows them to vent off at LJ.. so yeah...We're 6th with a few games left a tired team and injury problems but you carry on.

I can understand the booing last night more than I could on Saturday. I don’t agree with it, but given the context of who we were playing and the nature of the performance I get that some people will have felt the need to vent. 

What I find almost amusing though is the bile being thrown around again now at Johnson by all the usual suspects, most of whom reluctantly praised him when things were going well. There are plenty on here who simply don’t like him, and pile in at the first opportunity.

We need some perspective here in my view. Johnson wasn’t a world beater when we were winning, and he’s not a clueless clown now. On balance, he is a good Championship manager who has this group of players in a position that we all would have taken at the start of the season. 

What’s infuriating about the teams that he manages is the extremes of form that seem to happen every year. I don’t subscribe to the view that he’ll be doing anything fundamentally different now compared to a few weeks ago when we were winning. He’d be mad to do that  

The real problem for me is that we have a few players (Brownhill, Pack, Diedhiou) who we have no reliable cover for and they’re all knackered. This could have been better addressed in January, but whatever the wrongs and rights of it the Lansdown way of doing things makes it hard to sign players in that window. It’s frustrating, but it’s where we are. The fact that we didn’t strengthen and provide some cover could well be what derails us this season. 

What p*ssed me off more than anything was I renewed my ST in the afternoon, and believing Sat was a blip, happily plodded to AG last night with optimism. After watching City for 60 years................................will I never learn !!!  LJ has now been here 3 seasons and I watch him throughout matches, constantly arguing with the 4th Official and not seeming to be inspirational to the team. If I was Matty Taylor, I would be cheesed off with his constant call to arms when it is too late, and as for Fammy. Jury still out with me. All LJ can say in post match was about Ipswich current run of form. Wonder if Pep instills this in his team . I doubt it. Roll on May and a bit of respite for all City supporters.

I think we should stop booing and go back to the old slow hand clap,and in years gone by,last nights performance or lack of ,would of been met with a chorus of “What a load of rubbish “.

33 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

What p*ssed me off more than anything was I renewed my ST in the afternoon, and believing Sat was a blip, happily plodded to AG last night with optimism. After watching City for 60 years................................will I never learn !!!  LJ has now been here 3 seasons and I watch him throughout matches, constantly arguing with the 4th Official and not seeming to be inspirational to the team. If I was Matty Taylor, I would be cheesed off with his constant call to arms when it is too late, and as for Fammy. Jury still out with me. All LJ can say in post match was about Ipswich current run of form. Wonder if Pep instills this in his team . I doubt it. Roll on May and a bit of respite for all City supporters.

You do make a good point in that Johnson spends half the game in the 4th official’s ear. Has a decision ever been changed by the 4th official because he’s told him it was crap?

Archived