IGNORED

Justifiable boos

Fordy62

Listening to the podcast now, the Ipswich fan reckons that booing is counterproductive and it gives a good boost to the opposition- spoke about how there is now a real bond there between players and management after the McCarthy stuff. Said when they got a last minute equaliser v Stoke  a few weeks back their popular end, behind goal like a mosh pit...Stoke players expected them to be all flat but kept urging them on

@NOTBLUE I remember the rattling of the Dolman seats when a number were wooden- that always helped indicate.

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Listening to the podcast now, the Ipswich fan reckons that booing is counterproductive and it gives a good boost to the opposition- spoke about how there is now a real bond there between players and management after the McCarthy stuff. Said when they got a last minute equaliser v Stoke  a few weeks back their popular end, behind goal like a mosh pit...Stoke players expected them to be all flat but kept urging them on

@NOTBLUE I remember the rattling of the Dolman seats when a number were wooden- that always helped indicate.

Ah! The old seat rattlers ?

3 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

this. 

yeah. Just always seemed bizarre to me that people boo their own team. It's only ever a minority though. ..Trust me..No player goes out to play badly and booing then makes them worse...I think some people actually enjoy us preforming badly ( 6 th) atm as it allows them to vent off at LJ.. so yeah...We're 6th with a few games left a tired team and injury problems but you carry on.

Personally i had been up since 3am that morning. I've paid to attend the match. I've traveled, I've spent the money on traveling, I spent hours in the freezing cold, I've not been well recently so when I saw that performance against a team at the bottom then yes I feel I have every right to vent my frustration at that spineless pathetic performance.

On 13/03/2019 at 14:31, Up The City! said:

Personally i had been up since 3am that morning. I've paid to attend the match. I've traveled, I've spent the money on traveling, I spent hours in the freezing cold, I've not been well recently so when I saw that performance against a team at the bottom then yes I feel I have every right to vent my frustration at that spineless pathetic performance.

mate, ive seen the city be dog shit so many times its not true and never felt the need to boo them...  also given where we are i just think its out of proportion.. ... but then its the football and we feel able to vent where we wouldnt normally ? well... we used to be able to vent but those days seem to be over.. i might not have ever booed the city off but ive given oppo players, managers the refs and linos terrible stick over the years with no problems at all but thats off limits now or so it seems... tbh the whole experience is a bit flat for me these days...⚽⚽

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

just to clear this up, are you talking about people who rattle their seats and are old?

I remember the old seat-throwing festival Vs Millwall once

Well they’re getting a bit old now,and who could forget that Millwall game.

Archived