Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Fordy62

Justifiable boos

44 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

no justification for booing yr own team. ever. 

You know what? After traveling and then spending hours in the freezing cold ass biting wind I have every bloody right to boo the players for that pathetic performance.

It was an awful performance but to say categorically that LJ will never get us top 6 which is exactly where we are with 10 games to go.

However to say that his managerial career reflects his playing career I have to agree with. As a player he helped us have our best season in the Championship and as a manager only his father has thus far done better. Still let’s not let facts get in the way of a good agenda.

Do I think that we will finish top 6 ? On recent evidence probably not but neither did I think we would be top 6 going into the final 10 games. Whilst last nights performance was totally underwhelming the season as a whole has been a pleasant surprise albeit with the usual frustrations but largely over-achieving based on our players and resources compared to others. Surely LJ is a big part of that.

Edited by Johnny Musicworks

10 hours ago, freezer said:

We've got 2 points from the last 5 league games. That's the worst points gain out of the whole league. 

Unless we have a significant turn around in form we're heading for a finish of eighth or tength if we're lucky.

At the start of the season I would have been happy with that. BUT, looking at where we are now and the opportunity to push on we had by obtaining some real quality in January to back up Famara, I think, yet again, we've probably got it wrong again.

Hope to be proved wrong.

We have the most difficult end to the season. We're 5 points ahead of 13th. I think we'll have done well from here to finish 13th based on last night. 

That's where we'll finish. 

I never boo but did not clap at the final whistle. Lj left it far to late to bring on subs would have been better to make the changes with half an hour left 

The biggest worry is pretty much every team around us has 2 games before we play again. We'll prob 8th or 9th by the time we kick a ball again. Winning last night was vitally important and we couldn't even do that.

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

I never boo but did not clap at the final whistle.  

this. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You know what? After traveling and then spending hours in the freezing cold ass biting wind I have every bloody right to boo the players for that pathetic performance.

yeah. Just always seemed bizarre to me that people boo their own team. It's only ever a minority though. ..Trust me..No player goes out to play badly and booing then makes them worse...I think some people actually enjoy us preforming badly ( 6 th) atm as it allows them to vent off at LJ.. so yeah...We're 6th with a few games left a tired team and injury problems but you carry on.

I can understand the booing last night more than I could on Saturday. I don’t agree with it, but given the context of who we were playing and the nature of the performance I get that some people will have felt the need to vent. 

What I find almost amusing though is the bile being thrown around again now at Johnson by all the usual suspects, most of whom reluctantly praised him when things were going well. There are plenty on here who simply don’t like him, and pile in at the first opportunity.

We need some perspective here in my view. Johnson wasn’t a world beater when we were winning, and he’s not a clueless clown now. On balance, he is a good Championship manager who has this group of players in a position that we all would have taken at the start of the season. 

What’s infuriating about the teams that he manages is the extremes of form that seem to happen every year. I don’t subscribe to the view that he’ll be doing anything fundamentally different now compared to a few weeks ago when we were winning. He’d be mad to do that  

The real problem for me is that we have a few players (Brownhill, Pack, Diedhiou) who we have no reliable cover for and they’re all knackered. This could have been better addressed in January, but whatever the wrongs and rights of it the Lansdown way of doing things makes it hard to sign players in that window. It’s frustrating, but it’s where we are. The fact that we didn’t strengthen and provide some cover could well be what derails us this season. 

What p*ssed me off more than anything was I renewed my ST in the afternoon, and believing Sat was a blip, happily plodded to AG last night with optimism. After watching City for 60 years................................will I never learn !!!  LJ has now been here 3 seasons and I watch him throughout matches, constantly arguing with the 4th Official and not seeming to be inspirational to the team. If I was Matty Taylor, I would be cheesed off with his constant call to arms when it is too late, and as for Fammy. Jury still out with me. All LJ can say in post match was about Ipswich current run of form. Wonder if Pep instills this in his team . I doubt it. Roll on May and a bit of respite for all City supporters.

I think we should stop booing and go back to the old slow hand clap,and in years gone by,last nights performance or lack of ,would of been met with a chorus of “What a load of rubbish “.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

What p*ssed me off more than anything was I renewed my ST in the afternoon, and believing Sat was a blip, happily plodded to AG last night with optimism. After watching City for 60 years................................will I never learn !!!  LJ has now been here 3 seasons and I watch him throughout matches, constantly arguing with the 4th Official and not seeming to be inspirational to the team. If I was Matty Taylor, I would be cheesed off with his constant call to arms when it is too late, and as for Fammy. Jury still out with me. All LJ can say in post match was about Ipswich current run of form. Wonder if Pep instills this in his team . I doubt it. Roll on May and a bit of respite for all City supporters.

You do make a good point in that Johnson spends half the game in the 4th official’s ear. Has a decision ever been changed by the 4th official because he’s told him it was crap?

• Like 1

Listening to the podcast now, the Ipswich fan reckons that booing is counterproductive and it gives a good boost to the opposition- spoke about how there is now a real bond there between players and management after the McCarthy stuff. Said when they got a last minute equaliser v Stoke  a few weeks back their popular end, behind goal like a mosh pit...Stoke players expected them to be all flat but kept urging them on

@NOTBLUE I remember the rattling of the Dolman seats when a number were wooden- that always helped indicate.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Listening to the podcast now, the Ipswich fan reckons that booing is counterproductive and it gives a good boost to the opposition- spoke about how there is now a real bond there between players and management after the McCarthy stuff. Said when they got a last minute equaliser v Stoke  a few weeks back their popular end, behind goal like a mosh pit...Stoke players expected them to be all flat but kept urging them on

@NOTBLUE I remember the rattling of the Dolman seats when a number were wooden- that always helped indicate.

Ah! The old seat rattlers 😄

3 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

this. 

yeah. Just always seemed bizarre to me that people boo their own team. It's only ever a minority though. ..Trust me..No player goes out to play badly and booing then makes them worse...I think some people actually enjoy us preforming badly ( 6 th) atm as it allows them to vent off at LJ.. so yeah...We're 6th with a few games left a tired team and injury problems but you carry on.

Personally i had been up since 3am that morning. I've paid to attend the match. I've traveled, I've spent the money on traveling, I spent hours in the freezing cold, I've not been well recently so when I saw that performance against a team at the bottom then yes I feel I have every right to vent my frustration at that spineless pathetic performance.

On 13/03/2019 at 14:31, Up The City! said:

Personally i had been up since 3am that morning. I've paid to attend the match. I've traveled, I've spent the money on traveling, I spent hours in the freezing cold, I've not been well recently so when I saw that performance against a team at the bottom then yes I feel I have every right to vent my frustration at that spineless pathetic performance.

mate, ive seen the city be dog shit so many times its not true and never felt the need to boo them...  also given where we are i just think its out of proportion.. ... but then its the football and we feel able to vent where we wouldnt normally 😁 well... we used to be able to vent but those days seem to be over.. i might not have ever booed the city off but ive given oppo players, managers the refs and linos terrible stick over the years with no problems at all but thats off limits now or so it seems... tbh the whole experience is a bit flat for me these days...⚽⚽

23 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I must admit that at the final whistle I did tut a lot.😟

ive been known to shake my head slowly... but tutting ? you mad lad!

• Haha 2

On 13/03/2019 at 13:38, NOTBLUE said:

Ah! The old seat rattlers 😄

just to clear this up, are you talking about people who rattle their seats and are old?

I remember the old seat-throwing festival Vs Millwall once

55 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

just to clear this up, are you talking about people who rattle their seats and are old?

1985 dont do festivals like that anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well they’re getting a bit old now,and who could forget that Millwall game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

1985 dont do festivals like that anymore.

Well those seats weren’t safer than standing......

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:30, Will Rollason said:

ive been known to shake my head slowly... but tutting ? you mad lad!

I went the whole nine yards. I turned my back AND folded my arms.

That told them!