IGNORED

Recent Problems - Lack of Tempo

Lew-T

I watched tonight on a stream and my goodness, that was bad. You’ve got to laugh really that we moved back in the play offs after that! 

Recent problems I’ve noticed though is the lack of tempo in our play, especially in the midfield. Too many passengers at the minute happily letting the game bypass them. 

When was the last time we had a decent first half? Come out the blocks and looked like scoring? I honestly can’t remember. We were at home to bottom of the league tonight and didn’t manage to get a single shot on target in that second half, nor did we keep their keeper busy in the first.

I’ve been disappointed with the midfield in recent games and I think that’s been the main problem. I don’t remember Brownhill doing anything to make a difference in the last 5 games. Pack has made a lot of misplaced passes, Pato lost the ball everytime he had it.

Seriously how do you go from 7/8 wins on the spin and put out a performance like that?

It was like a League One clash tonight.

The issue is lack of options, as well as lack of creativity, in midfield.

We have no cover for Pack and Brownhill and even if Walsh or Smith were fit they aren’t game changers or creative players.

We rely to heavily on wingers and crosses. We don’t look like making any chances unless it’s a cross into the box! Literally unable to create anything else.

Archived