IGNORED

Johnson pleased with a point

daored

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just being a good manager. Protecting his players. You don’t know what he says behind closed doors.

Let him manage the sixth best team in the league and you lot try to support a bit yeah 

Can't see us remaining there the way we are playing now. 

Deja vu, all the games seem to roll into one, I have a job telling them apart. Same formation, same start to the game, same substitutions like for like, at the same time, Matty Taylor coming on at the same time. the only thing that's different are the results, sometimes we get lucky, sometimes not, even when we win it all seems to be a bit samey, or should I say stale!!

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We're 6th, we're not the 6th best team, easy really. We will end up lower than 8th unless something amazing happens. I guess you've seen the upcoming games?

Looks like Johnson's seasonal slump has started. Steve Bruce if only. 

13 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

I can see LJ out squad coming out again, that was awful, Who scouted that goalkeeper, bring back MO, then he brings MT on with 8 mins left, WHAT? 

Yep...and ive NEVER changed my mind

33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just being a good manager. Protecting his players. You don’t know what he says behind closed doors.

Let him manage the sixth best team in the league and you lot try to support a bit yeah 

Seriously.......

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

And ignore the right back **** up 18 monrhs on?

Ignore no credibie replacements for Pack or Diedhiou?

Ignore the  that he continues to play Diedhiou as a lone striker when he is clearly not up to it?

36 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

What a idiot not going again until he leaves 

We're in the play-offs you genius. Whether we end there or not, being there with 10 games to go and you're boycotting. Hang on while we start a petition to get you to change your mind at least?

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just watch Sheffield Wednesday come charging up behind us with their ‘four promotions from the championship’ manager at the helm....3 points behind us....3 wins and 2 draws from the last 5....

I expect he's classed as a dinosaur manager by a lot on here. 

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And ignore the right back **** up 18 monrhs on?

Ignore no credibie replacements for Pack or Diedhiou?

Ignore the  that he continues to play Diedhiou as a lone striker when he is clearly not up to it?

What do you mean by the right back **** up 18 months on?

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

At the moment we are only one or two players short . Crying shame really 

I agree. Frustrating as to fans the chance to compete regularly in the top flight would be special, its been a long time, we aint getting any younger and for a Billionaire 'fan' it would be simples....

3 minutes ago, smokey live said:

What do you mean by the right back **** up 18 months on?

Really?

ok 18 months ago we needed a better quality and LJ spends over a million on a right back that he obviously has little or no faith in, the other right back gets injured everytime he farts and we end up shoehorning in Wright 18 months on, ok Hunt played tonight but I fully expect Wright playing right back on Saturday, sorry it ain’t good enough.

I could move on to Watkins and even Taylor 

11 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Yep. He doesn't want to get involved with the Premier league unless we stray into it by chance. 

Starting to believe SL doesn’t believe we’d survive in the prem and doesn’t want to deal with parachute payments/FFP over the years to follow!

7 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Yep. He doesn't want to get involved with the Premier league unless we stray into it by chance. 

Accepting the FFP argument as justification for our inability to strengthen in Jan, and similarly last year, were the same rules in place in 2008 when exactly the same thing happened? Genuine question.

24 minutes ago, shelts said:

Suprised he said that . Just shows the tinpot mentatality at our club 

As I said on a earlier Thread, responding to the thought we don't want promotion, the club is always satisfied with just mediocrity. LJ's response to tonight's match is exactly what I meant. He should be 100% dissatisfied with failing to win against a bottom team at home.  He should have been dissatisfied with another lacklustre performance. He should have been dissatisfied with continuing to fail in terms of pushing on to a playoff place.

Same old City, too easily satisfied with mediocrity. Hardly surprising given view of Head Coach the players seem incapable of lifting their game.  I should think Kalas, given his comments after the Leeds game, must be wondering why he ever agreed to come west.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Really?

ok 18 months ago we needed a better quality and LJ spends over a million on a right back that he obviously has little or no faith in, the other right back gets injured everytime he farts and we end up shoehorning in Wright 18 months on, ok Hunt played tonight but I fully expect Wright playing right back on Saturday, sorry it ain’t good enough.

I could move on to Watkins and even Taylor 

Really? Yes. I think you are moaning for the sake of moaning.

He's signed two right backs and so far, bar the Leeds game, Wright has only played right back when both right backs have been injured. 

2 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Accepting the FFP argument as justification for our inability to strengthen in Jan, and similarly last year, were the same rules in place in 2008 when exactly the same thing happened? Genuine question.

Don't believe they were... and thats when my heat sank, we could have made i that season. I realised by not investing a little at that point what we could expect going forward.

3 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Really? Yes. I think you are moaning for the sake of moaning.

He's signed two right backs and so far, bar the Leeds game, Wright has only played right back when both right backs have been injured. 

Thats untrue one of them has usually been on the bench, he doesn’t rate Hunt and Pisano is a sicknote.

And Wright hasn’t long come back fron long term injury.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

As I said on a earlier Thread, responding to the thought we don't want promotion, the club is always satisfied with just mediocrity. LJ's response to tonight's match is exactly what I meant. He should be 100% dissatisfied with failing to win against a bottom team at home.  He should have been dissatisfied with another lacklustre performance. He should have been dissatisfied with continuing to fail in terms of pushing on to a playoff place.

Same old City, too easily satisfied with mediocrity. Hardly surprising given view of Head Coach the players seem incapable of lifting their game.  I should think Kalas, given his comments after the Leeds game, must be wondering why he ever agreed to come west.

Sums it all up.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Born winner.

happy with a point at home to a team 12 points adrift at the bottom. 

Beggars belief. 

And a team that made 5 changes to the side that drew with West Brom last Saturday, and played 5 academy players during the course of tonight's game.

City were gutless and outfought and outplayed by a team facing certain relegation. Ipswich were fearless and deserved to win.

What that says about our prospects for the remainder of the season is anyone's guess.

Johnson and the players need to grow a pair before we face the Blades on March 30, or we'll get hammered.

I imagine he'll trot out of the old favourite from 2016/17, "I need players I can trust," any day now.

Archived