IGNORED

Johnson pleased with a point

daored

21 minutes ago, smokey live said:

If he doesn't rate Hunt why did he play today in place of Wright? 

What others have said it was his turn.

Tonight I saw a team lacking in ideas, motivation and skill, 2 points from 15 is just not good enough but LJ is happy with a point, so my opinion is worth nowt.

The way we are playing I see 4 points between now and the end of the season.

We need some quality for a change and not cheap options.

The knock on for me is if we were in with a chance if signing a player like Kalas, he would probably think twice right now.

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

I can see LJ out squad coming out again, that was awful, Who scouted that goalkeeper, bring back MO, then he brings MT on with 8 mins left, WHAT? 

It would be interesting to see what he was like with the ball at his feet.  His handling was ok, and we needed cover for Max.  The surprise was leaving Max out.  But let’s not forget his fast the Champ is, and his quick the players brains are.  Max has had a few hairy moments with the ball at his feet (Recall away at Brentford, where he kicked one out for a corner, and home to Hull where he gifted the ball to Grosicki, but was bailed out).  If he continues to play, he will need to sharpen up big time, but he made a couple if very decent saves.

Out of choice he wouldn’t be in our squad, but the window has closed, he was out of contact, and it looked as though we’d be going with JoJo on the bench.  As I said above, surprised Max not remained the first choice.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It would be interesting to see what he was like with the ball at his feet.  His handling was ok, and we needed cover for Max.  The surprise was leaving Max out.  But let’s not forget his fast the Champ is, and his quick the players brains are.  Max has had a few hairy moments with the ball at his feet (Recall away at Brentford, where he kicked one out for a corner, and home to Hull where he gifted the ball to Grosicki, but was bailed out).  If he continues to play, he will need to sharpen up big time, but he made a couple if very decent saves.

Out of choice he wouldn’t be in our squad, but the window has closed, he was out of contact, and it looked as though we’d be going with JoJo on the bench.  As I said above, surprised Max not remained the first choice.

Johnson said he had already told them Max was playing against Leeds and Stefan was playing against Ipswich then they will both get 45 mins each in a practice game to see who will be number 1 until Nikki is back. 

Personally think that's a bit of stupid way of doing thing's. 

3 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Johnson said he had already told them Max was playing against Leeds and Stefan was playing against Ipswich then they will both get 45 mins each in a practice game to see who will be number 1 until Nikki is back. 

Aha, only heard the radio Bristol post-match presser.

Thinking too far ahead imho.

just read Mäenpää Out for the season....is that not true?

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wow. There’s a lot of folks taking this quote completely out of context. 

Context is very important. 

Its quite clear he’s not happy with a point. But that we were so crap we deserved 0.

Harry, there is only one context, he has failed to sort our right back issue 18 months on, he has failed to sign a striker to at least put a modicum of pressure on Diedhiou our immobile loan striker, he loves Paterson far too much and midfield is still the shambles it was when he took over and he has signed too many bang average players, this is shaping up towards another season that promised so much and delivered so little.

Of course I will be more than happy to publicly eat my words.

Tonight was like a parks match.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Something about trying blood spinning (what ever that is?) to speed up the recovery which could be a best case scenario of out for about 4 to 5 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to The Post: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/he-boots-wrong-feet-lee-2639041 Niki is out for 4-5 week's minimum, but probably for the remainder of the campaign.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

LJ talks out of his arse shocker, looking at our remaining games I see 4 points if we are lucky.

We were shocking, but Paterson, Diedhiou and Pack will still start the next game, because LJ loves Paterson and has no credible replacements for Diedhiou or Pack.

Paterson is sh*t (that could be shit or shot) and has been for the last two seasons. I don't get it. And Weimann is largely a waste of space.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Harry, there is only one context, he has failed to sort our right back issue 18 months on, he has failed to sign a striker to at least put a modicum of pressure on Diedhiou our immobile loan striker, he loves Paterson far too much and midfield is still the shambles it was when he took over and he has signed too many bang average players, this is shaping up towards another season that promised so much and delivered so little.

Of course I will be more than happy to publicly eat my words.

Tonight was like a parks match.

Yes, but this thread was about the context of his ‘happy with a point’ quote. 

Don’t know if it’s a good thing or not ? The shite management of the last few games will probably mean that any team thinking about poaching LJ will be looking elsewhere! 

WTF is he playing at? Brownhill and Pack are knackered, where are Morrell and Walsh?

9 is so limited no other team would touch him, took Elliason, tonight’s best crosser off, started Paterson AGAIN - utterly useless every time he got a good ball he fell over - at one stage 3 Ipswich players were playing ping pong in front of LJ and pato was hopping around in front of them smiling at his lover - a challenge would have been more use but we all know that almost never happens!

Have to say in the main our back 4 played quite well. Good to see Kelly start, have to say that he and Elliason were trying and worth a watch. Palmer, O’Dowda and Taylor came on but none actually  had much impact, Seminyo would have probably been a better option with his speed and accuracy but we don’t see the obvious, we will probably not see him again until he starts out of position against a team where he is out of his depth!

Its effing difficult being a city fan sometimes! I could have stayed at home and watched it in the warm and avoided a 65 mile round trip but that would meant my grandson would have missed the game,

FFS boys you now have the best part of 3 weeks to turn it around - respect the fans and play for the shirt! Even if performing for LJ is not a priority!

COYR

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting Pack and Brownhill....63 passes between then - 39 and 24 respectively.  That’s lower than both get on average each.  

They are knackered.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Yes but that’s what he said, perhaps some sort of explanation about why we were so shit?

Maybe even an explanation for his ineptitude at Norwich, getting to halftime 2-1 up with Wright getting skinned alive and not changing him at halftime for Pisano, perhaps an explanation for his subsequent bewildering substitutions, maybe occassionally actually taking some responsibility instead of being disappointed with the way we played.

All reports suggest you were poor tonight.    Really, I'm pleased to take a point from there - we could have taken all three in actual fact - but given the league position and games remaining it's all too little too late.

McCarthy was often well pleased with a point regardless of who we played or how we achieved it.   Just a managers way of saving face or taken positives from any situation.   Doubt your manager is hardly unique for it.    Look, you need to count your blessings, OK you didn't get the win you'd hope for but for crying out loud many teams in this division would give their right arm to be in the league position your clubs in.  

Could be a while before we play each other again.   Get over tonight you're still in a very good position at this stage of the season.   Results like this, often occur - we had nothing to realistically fight for and gave it a go.   I'm more frustrated that we should have won over there, or perhaps you'd like to swap places.. ?

7 hours ago, smokey live said:

Not heard that but there is an u23’s game at Crewe today, could this be the game? Normally I don’t think a player would travel and play the day after playing but if he needs match practice, which he clearly does then stranger things have happened. 

I guess it must have been nerves or something as in training he can’t have been as bad as he was, or if so someone made a terrible call? 

Anyone know if the players have a bit of downtown now as we don’t have a match for a while, certainly looked like it was one of those games late in the season when their heads were already on the beach.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting Pack and Brownhill....63 passes between then - 39 and 24 respectively.  That’s lower than both get on average each.  

They are knackered.

Yup, that was clear. As I said before Korey told me in January he was expecting to be back in February and ready to help them with the Sat/Tues matches which are punishing. He indicated they were doing a great job but between the lines I’m sure he was saying this wasn’t sustainable. Walsh being injured at the same time certainly hasn’t helped either. 

Its like when someone is sick at work, you can carry their load for a while but if you aren’t getting rest yourself how long can you go on. Looks like the goal posts have been moved significantly too for the return of Korey and Walsh, Marlon and Brownhill have basically been told they have to carry on with no real help, mentally and physically they looked shot last night. 

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Paterson is sh*t (that could be shit or shot) and has been for the last two seasons. I don't get it. And Weimann is largely a waste of space.

FD is a waste of space and money, LJ just won't drop him, as he's not scoring, give MT 90 mins, what can MT do in 8 mins last night, 

Some of the responses on here.... 

He basically said he was happy with a point as we were playing crap and 1 point is better than 0. In that respect he is absolutely correct. 

Smith and Walsh are the credible cover for pack (and brownhill) . Unfortunately both have been out with long term injury.

Our new goalkeeper was crap. But has anyone thought that perhaps LJ was expecting a better team performance and was perhaps trying to ease him into the championship against the bottom of the league? 

We tried to get another striker in January. People act like we didn’t just because we didn’t manage to.

Yes it hasn't been good enough the last 6 games and home form really needs to improve but some if the comments on here when we are currently 6th is laughable. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They are knackered.

Don't get this argument (unless you need an excuse). The more you play the less you train. It balances out. 

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

All reports suggest you were poor tonight.    Really, I'm pleased to take a point from there - we could have taken all three in actual fact - but given the league position and games remaining it's all too little too late.

McCarthy was often well pleased with a point regardless of who we played or how we achieved it.   Just a managers way of saving face or taken positives from any situation.   Doubt your manager is hardly unique for it.    Look, you need to count your blessings, OK you didn't get the win you'd hope for but for crying out loud many teams in this division would give their right arm to be in the league position your clubs in.  

Could be a while before we play each other again.   Get over tonight you're still in a very good position at this stage of the season.   Results like this, often occur - we had nothing to realistically fight for and gave it a go.   I'm more frustrated that we should have won over there, or perhaps you'd like to swap places.. ?

Thanks.

We are just witnessing déjà vu as our much heralded push to consolidate a top six place appears to be fizzling out with gutless, gormless performances.

I started a thread saying that for us to have serious ambitions of the play offs then we needed to win against your team, no disrespect but you are down there for a reason and any club hoping to go up should be able to deal with your game plan .

It isn’t just that you nullified us and could have taken all the points , it’s that our performances of late don’t give us any confidence  that we can win a match . We are woeful and the coaching staff don’t appear to have the wherewithal to change things .

At this stage of proceedings we need players who will dig in and fight for each minute of each match until the end.

We lack guts and belief.

I will be astounded if we finish in the top six now.

38 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Some of the responses on here.... 

He basically said he was happy with a point as we were playing crap and 1 point is better than 0. In that respect he is absolutely correct. 

Smith and Walsh are the credible cover for pack (and brownhill) . Unfortunately both have been out with long term injury.

Our new goalkeeper was crap. But has anyone thought that perhaps LJ was expecting a better team performance and was perhaps trying to ease him into the championship against the bottom of the league? 

We tried to get another striker in January. People act like we didn’t just because we didn’t manage to.

Yes it hasn't been good enough the last 6 games and home form really needs to improve but some if the comments on here when we are currently 6th is laughable. 

I am just amazed that some people accept that we failed to bring in a striker in January.

It wasn’t just the first day of the transfer window that we started looking .

Clearly we had a list and worked our way down it until someone, SL most likely, pulled the plug on the ones that could have happened.

It is about money , SL accepted a forward that LJ refused to sign , citing a lack of quality. 

«  Lee , this guy’s alright, he’s scored a few goals and he’s not going to cost too much « 

Lee hoping for a Championship proven  goal scorer gets shown  budget players.

I understand that forwards are the most expensive players to buy but I refuse to believe that a deal couldn’t have been done for a key position that may have got us promoted.

We could have sacrificed other players to get one in to account for FFP.

I usually often defend LJ and the team- not a huge fan of the booing, but last night was so very poor. Back to Preston in November for that level of performance. Had we been playing one of the top 3 say and delivered that, well they're a classy side managed by an impressive coach despite the negative perceptions of Leeds especially on here but in no way can we be happy with a point...but more worryingly the performance, lack of cohesion, lack of control and yeah defensive security augur pretty badly for the last 10...

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They are knackered.

I think that was probably more to do with ipswich totally dominating the ball bar for 10 minutes at the end of the first half and 5 minutes at the end

Archived