IGNORED

You Were Haopy with top half but are booing 6th

And Its Smith

A lot of fans need to start getting behind the players a bit more. Everyone was happy with mid table or top 8. We are 6th and there are boos at the end of the last 4 halves of football we have played.

Certain posters give very little praise for good performances but apparently when we lose players like Weimann and Pato are a disgrace!  

We are 6th. Try to support the lads a bit yes.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A lot of fans need to start getting behind the players a bit more. Everyone was happy with mid table or top 8. We are 6th and there are boos at the end of the last 4 halves of football we have played.

Certain posters give very little praise for good performances but apparently when we lose players like Weimann and Pato are a disgrace!  

Because the quality has been garbage? 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Well said. Our support is embarrassing. Even the sky commentators shocked at the atmosphere or lack of considering our league position. 

Some very short memories on here. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Because the quality has been garbage? 

People do support the lads a full house on Saturday and a biggish crowd tonight. People come on here to moan. Rightly so. That was truly awful and if our team had served that up twice in a row in the conference they would have a right  to moan too. 

Abject performances as Cotswold says are not trade offs. That was utter garbage of the highest order and we all know it  

sorry super that was not aimed at you I replied to you in error!

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our home performances have been pretty shite all season. That's what people see, what they pay for.

If I'd had only watched city at home this season I wouldn't say we where a tip half team. 

Out of interest where are we in the league if you only count home games?

Luckily we also play away, and that’s why we’re 6th! :) 

We are extremely leggy . Not good at playing under pressure . Overachieving. 

As a spectacle the last two games have been poor. How many games in the unbeaten run where great on the eye ?

Spoke to Don Goodman after the game and he said  the Gate was normally rocking, where was the atmosphere to help push the team, the Dons words not mine . 

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our home performances have been pretty shite all season. That's what people see, what they pay for.

If I'd had only watched city at home this season I wouldn't say we where a tip half team. 

Out of interest where are we in the league if you only count home games?

17th in the home table having played a game more than everyone else

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A poor performance on the back of poor performances in the last month. 

It actually it was more than poor tonight it was abject. 

We are running out steam again and I feel most people are frustrated by that , so fans at the end gave a honest reaction.

Shocking tonight.  I wanted LJ to show that lessons were learned from last season and that he has worked out a way of getting his teams out of a slump.  Tonight was the perfect opportunity.  Evidence would suggest he hasn’t learnt from last years collapse .  I’m fickle and can put up with poor performances or at least forget them if we are winning.  The last few games, performances have been way short of what is expected. LJ needs to find away to turn this round, start picking up the 3 points again and proves he’s evolving as a manager.  What’s wrong with the mental toughness of the teams LJ build that they can’t dig themselves out of bad runs?

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Oh cause for optimism. We have more awAy games than home Well done that man!

seriously we are not anywhere near out of this. We just need to find what we do right again and if that means getting points awAy then So be it. 

But it’s not a stretch for supporters to be hacked off after those two apologetic performances at home. 

36 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t boo but I don’t stupidly defend the indefensible either. Tonight was awful, you dress it up any way you like. Bar 15 minutes we were a very distant second best to a side already relegated in effect.

Patterson has had a good spell thats for sure but tonight he was abysmal, I cannot possibly see how anyone can argue with that. Weimann was completely out of the game. Elliason played about an hour on the wrong sodding side of the pitch!!

Whether we finish 1st or 21st there is no defence for that tonight.

38 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Without wanting this to come across as a swipe...

Someone rang BBC Bristol tonight and made a similar point, he said our fans would’ve been happy with midtable so why are they booing us in 6th?

Now I’m not suggesting a season in midtable would’ve been a disaster but why would anyone be happy with mediocrity? Do you really pay your 300 odd quid a season because of the potentially excitement of our season being dead 6 months into it?

I think our home fans have a right to voice their discontent, the shite we’ve served up at The Gate this season has been nothing short of pathetic.

When we got back into the game after the first 30 minutes I thought that with the goal we would pick up the pace and really go at them in the second half. In fact the exact opposite happened and we reverted to our poor start and they dominated us. I would have been happy with a scrappy 1-0 win but really peed off at the way we seemed to let them make us look like the team at the bottom of the league....

40 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very very very poor unfortunately and really unfathomable to be honest.  Like the two January transfer windows we’ve had in the last two seasons  it’s yet again a massive case of ‘what if’ at the moment. Just a few more points and we’d be flying. Maybe booing is out of order (don’t do it myself) but you pays your money etc. And we’ve been served tripe at home this season.   Still fighting though, still in with a chance and 6th as it stands is undoubtedly a fantastic result this far,  but home form needs an almighty bastarding jolt from somewhere if we are to have any chance at all of top 6. Still hope.......

29 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Shocking tonight.  I wanted LJ to show that lessons were learned from last season and that he has worked out a way of getting his teams out of a slump.  Tonight was the perfect opportunity.  Evidence would suggest he hasn’t learnt from last years collapse .  I’m fickle and can put up with poor performances or at least forget them if we are winning.  The last few games, performances have been way short of what is expected. LJ needs to find away to turn this round, start picking up the 3 points again and proves he’s evolving as a manager.  What’s wrong with the mental toughness of the teams LJ build that they can’t dig themselves out of bad runs?

I think the problem lies, to an extent, that he treats the players like teammates - they aren’t , and he is still part of the team in his head. Is that an age thing? I don’t know, but I find it strange that he stopped playing at an age where he could have carried on - notwithstanding injury.

We are running out of steam, we won’t make the top six, Saturday was woeful, tonight was abject.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well said. Our support is embarrassing. Even the sky commentators shocked at the atmosphere or lack of considering our league position. 

It's nothing to do with our past performances. 

People judge on what they see in front of them tonight. The feeblest performance at AG this season, coming on the heels of several other nearly as bad displays.

If we play like tonight for the remaining 10 games then we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

I didn't boo, but I think anyone who paid money to freeze their nuts off and see us look non-league standard for all but about 30 minutes, is well within their rights to do so.

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's nothing to do with our past performances. 

People judge on what they see in front of them tonight. The feeblest performance at AG this season, coming on the heels of several other nearly as bad displays.

If we play like tonight for the remaining 10 games then we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

I didn't boo, but I think anyone who paid money to freeze their nuts off and see us look non-league standard for all but about 30 minutes, is well within their rights to do so.

Within their rights to do so, sure, but don't be disappointed if the booing produces more of the same from the team: dreary, uninspired performances.

It's football, it's not buying a car or a washing machine. 

7 hours ago, shelts said:

We are extremely leggy . Not good at playing under pressure . Overachieving. 

As a spectacle the last two games have been poor. How many games in the unbeaten run where great on the eye ?

Spoke to Don Goodman after the game and he said  the Gate was normally rocking, where was the atmosphere to help push the team, the Dons words not mine . 

People have come to accept mediocrity. Whether it's on the pitch or off it 

I actually don't know to many fans who go now because they still enjoy the football on show and / or match day experience 

The players need to do more. The manager needs to be able to do more. The club on a whole needs to do more 

The atmosphere is flat because that's how the club have set it up to be

Does anyone boo the League position?

Abject performance, even our spell on top we were little better than ok. Add the fact that LJ stood and watched , when everyone was calling for change. He was probably the only one who didn’t see their goal coming. Even when they scored there was no urgency from the bench, and that was matched on the pitch.

i don’t boo, I understand why people did last night.

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Lj deserves praise for the run we had but he also deserves stick for recent performances, he can’t have it all rosey, last night we looked clueless, he has to be held accountable for that

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Whats wrong with you?

When we play shite it's always a dig at the fans.

Maybe open your eyes and accept the fact that drawing against a team that has won 3 games all season  when we are at home is not really very good.

You spout the same shite every game when we perform poorly to get a bite.

Jolly good.

We are awesome and drawing 1-1 against bottom of the league ITFC is progress.

The fans are crap.

LJ is awesome.

The players gave 100% and we were desperately unlucky

You are the bestest superest poster on the forum - I bow to you.

Happy?

Christ on a bike you always act like a pious 12 yr old after rubbish like this is served up.

Simple question - are you always a dick, or do you just save it for after 1 1/2 pints of lager top to post?

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

RedDave. Spot on. Too many angry fans on this forum. They make me more miserable than the football

SUPPORT OUR BOYS

Archived