IGNORED

You Were Haopy with top half but are booing 6th

And Its Smith

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

I couldn’t make it last night, but do you really think the singing section are great?

I don’t really care whether they make a noise or not, but in my experience they only sing if we are doing well and are silent for the majority of most matches and drowned out by the visitors.

Agreed. They are crap. 

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Simple question back, do you believe booing does anything to inspire, encourage or give belief to the team?

Webster looked absolutely devastated in his post match interview. When things aren't going our way we need the supporters to get behind the team and give them belief. I accept that fans need something to give them belief but a 15 game unbeaten streak should have done that but one bad result and they were almost instantly boo'd again! The commentators mentioned several times how nervy the atmosphere was and if you don't think that affects the players then you are at best very naive

You could hear the players shouting / talking on the pitch, that's how quiet it was last night.

Because A) It was feckin freezing B )  Understandably small turnout, especially from Ipswich and C ) (the biggie) They didn't give us anything to cheer about! The display was pathetic.

Now I don't go and congratulate the chef if I've been served a vile meal in a restaurant. Same rules apply I'm afraid at the entertainment venue where we have been told we are all "customers" not fans.

FWIW I think any booing was directed more at LJ and the club hierarchy than the players out there.

As for noise during the game, the third disappointing home game in a row and the factors listed above did kill it a bit. I don't think we could quite believe what we were seeing. One thing I did hear repeatedly in the second half from the crowd was "bring the ****ing subs on!"

4 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Shelts imagine youve been away working abroad and youve come home for a week or so payed thirty odd quid to watch the last two performances what would you think ? How the hell are we 6th in the league??

I thought the same on the unbeaten run . Not much entertainment I grant thee 

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

People have come to accept mediocrity. Whether it's on the pitch or off it 

I actually don't know to many fans who go now because they still enjoy the football on show and / or match day experience 

The players need to do more. The manager needs to be able to do more. The club on a whole needs to do more 

The atmosphere is flat because that's how the club have set it up to be

Results business. Performance v points 

I'm still happy with top half and I'm not booing.

To be honest during our long winning run I thought we were often edging results and that results sometimes were flattering performances.  I don't think performance has dropped off much in this poor run.  Margins are fine and the business end of the season is tougher.

I'm a little concerned with how streaky we are under LJ.  It sometimes seems like he hits upon something that works and sticks with it for as long as possible and then when it stops working we have this period of making seemingly random changes until it picks up again.  We don't seem to have much of an identity compared to the first half of last season where we played ultra high energy pressing football, we've dialled that back a lot and I can't really pick out what our style is meant to be.

Ho hum, this season was always going to be for building after we lost Flint, Bryan and Reid.  The squad is improving slowly but surely IMO.

5 hours ago, Leveller said:

I couldn’t make it last night, but do you really think the singing section are great?

I don’t really care whether they make a noise or not, but in my experience they only sing if we are doing well and are silent for the majority of most matches and drowned out by the visitors.

Blah,blah,blah..............

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Ho hum, this season was always going to be for building after we lost Flint, Bryan and Reid.  The squad is improving slowly but surely IMO.

I have two issues with this, it’s likely that every close season we will lose our best player(s) that seems to be the business model and is somewhat self perpetuating if the best players at the club don’t see investment to bring in some quality alongside them, so off they’ll go to further their career (or bank balance).

I haven’t seen too many games this season, but each and everyone has been riddled with poor judgement, lack of nous and guile, the final third is poor, as shown by goals scored and by visual evidence, I’m not so sure we are improving, more stagnating and without either a business model change or a slice of luck one season, I fear we will flatter to deceive for several more seasons.  

Can these spells of win, then winless, continue who knows, it doesn’t take much of a recruitment slip up, some injuries, poor form and a bit of bad luck, to see teams in this league fighting to avoid relegation, that unless we bite the bullet and take a chance, seems a possibility to me.  I fear we have missed the boat two seasons running, that maybe because every effort was made to recruit in January, but the players we wanted weren’t available or wouldn’t come, but I fear that it’s more likely that there was a defined policy of not trying to ride the crest of the wave, but just hang loose and see what happens.  What’s happened, is history is repeating itself and that, is surely because lessons haven’t been learnt.

I'm often one of the most positive fans around, and I have previously complained about fans booing at games (particularly at half-time), but whilst I didn't get involved myself, I think the boos were totally justifiable last night. It was an awful, abject performance. 

As I said, I'm generally as happy-clappy as anyone, but last night was unacceptable. 

I'm not entirely sure what our current league position has to do with the fans' reaction to a single game. I said at the outset of this season that I would be happy with 10th place, as this would continue the season-on-season improvement that we've seen over the past few years, so I'm therefore delighted that we're currently in 6th place. That doesn't mean that I have to accept shit performance at home against the worst team in the league. 

Still, on the bright side, I'm now convinced we will no longer make the play-offs, which means I can approach the rest of the season without the buttock-clenching nerves I've experienced over the past run of games. So, every cloud...

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

The one thing I don't get is why fans think it's impossible for us to find form again. LJ has shown he can go on good runs as well as bad runs. I don't think that amazing run was down to luck. We deserved those points. We seem to play better away from home, Norwich fans saying we are the best they've faced and a number of great away performances this season. These difficult fixtures coming up suit us. 

Yes my heart says you are right. My head is merely  hopeful 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Don't think the acoustics in it are great, but that doesn't mean it was a valid reason for a poor atmosphere from our fans in there when opposition fans in far smaller numbers were able to be loud.

Atyeo sounds loud enough when full or two thirds full of away fans to my ears.Reasons being 1. Unallocated seating 2. Being allowed (unofficially) to stand

43 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Atyeo sounds loud enough when full or two thirds full of away fans to my ears.Reasons being 1. Unallocated seating 2. Being allowed (unofficially) to stand

Colchester or Chesterfield (can't remember which is was) had 400 (10%) in the Atyeo and out sung 14000.

Fleetwood were noisy with about 80 a couple of years ago.

It's only our fans who have had issues making it loud, and that's when the acoustics excuse is brought out.

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Simple question back, do you believe booing does anything to inspire, encourage or give belief to the team?

Webster looked absolutely devastated in his post match interview. When things aren't going our way we need the supporters to get behind the team and give them belief. I accept that fans need something to give them belief but a 15 game unbeaten streak should have done that but one bad result and they were almost instantly boo'd again! The commentators mentioned several times how nervy the atmosphere was and if you don't think that affects the players then you are at best very naive

You could hear the players shouting / talking on the pitch, that's how quiet it was last night.

No, and nowhere in my post did I encourage or condone it.

Just fed up of the same idiot making the same cheap jibe week after week.

19 hours ago, Super said:

The trouble is that if we aren't up for the fight like last night then Sheff U will stuff us. Hopefully the break will help us regroup.

Our record after international breaks has been pretty poor as far as I remember. I do wonder if too much time on the training pitch with LJ is counter-productive. 

For a few months I have been expecting us to finish 8th. I think that might be optimistic now. I can see Derby, Villa, Preston and Sheff Wed all finishing above us now.

It's just like last season. I would've taken 10th before the season started but now it will feel like we've bottled it again.

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Colchester or Chesterfield (can't remember which is was) had 400 (10%) in the Atyeo and out sung 14000.

Fleetwood were noisy with about 80 a couple of years ago.

It's only our fans who have had issues making it loud, and that's when the acoustics excuse is brought out.

Indeed. If you filled AG with Boca Juniors fans, or Celtic/Liverpool/Dortmund fans, then acoustics doesn't come into it.

It's not acoustics,  it's the complacency and apathy of the majority of the crowd (some of whom do and can make themselves heard but only to let their own players know when they are unhappy).  

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Indeed. If you filled AG with Boca Juniors fans, or Celtic/Liverpool/Dortmund fans, then acoustics doesn't come into it.

It's not acoustics,  it's the complacency and apathy of the majority of the crowd (some of whom do and can make themselves heard but only to let their own players know when they are unhappy).  

Exactly. Some would have you believe the position of the food outlets reduces crowd volume. 

Its people not singing. 

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

You cannot make yourself heard in such a sterile environment or you will be told to sit down and shut up as youre upsetting the children. AG has been loud but is now so sanitised its difficult to support.Proper clubs have no issue allocating large areas of their stadiums for noisy support. City allocates about 3% of the capacity as far away from away fans as possible.

No wonder the atmosphere is shite. Stick away fans in the upper Lansdown and give the Atyeo back to the home support. Away fans are welcomed to take over the fans village so no issues with them being there.

Archived