IGNORED

Player Ratings v Ipswich

CityCiderEd

6 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Very true but I remember Webster not playing too well on his debut and everyone laying in to him on here and look how that’s gone since. He could turn in to prime Casillas next game!

A cross between a Spanish goalkeeping legend and a transformer? That’d be cool. 

46 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Marinovic 2 - caught the ball low, punched behind him, punched balls he should have caught & then there’s his touch!

Hunt 5 - not great, but not awful. Look forward to seeing him back in form. 

Webster 5 - not his composed normal self. I wonder how much this was due to keeper. 

Kalas 6 - a decent enough night. 

Kelly 7 - the best of a bad bunch, but looked good going forward. 

Pack 4 - minimal passes and lost the ball too much. 

Brownhill 3 - abysmal showing. Can’t think of a single thing he did. 

Eliasson 5 - really really weak on the ball, like a small child. But maintains good crossing ability. 

Paterson 2 - the only player to rival the goalkeeper. Slipped up all over the pitch and guaranteed to give the ball away at every opportunity. Still... he’s first name on the team sheet. 

Weimann 4 - though he tried hard, got into a couple of good positions, but like the rest, poor  

Diedhou 5 - he tries hard but remains isolated. 

Johnson 0 - got home tactics wrong again. And waited to see if he could fluke his way out of it until the 73rd minute. Utter disgrace. 

Exactly as I saw it, though I’d move Brownhill to a 2 alongside Pato and bump the keeper up to 3.

At least I noticed we had a keeper. Can’t believe just how bad Pato and Brownhill were. It was like playing with 9 men. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ok, ignore his kicking....what would you have given him?  Maybe my 6 is too high, but I think people are just focusing on his kicking.

I did ignore his kicking @Davefevs. I thought his all round game was exceptionally poor. Punching was awful and rooted to the line more than once. Our back four must have been thinking what the hell is going on. I know it's harsh after one game but he doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. I thought giving him a 4 was generous. Didn't like the jeering of him though but what the hell must Max be thinking.

40 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I did ignore his kicking @Davefevs. I thought his all round game was exceptionally poor. Punching was awful and rooted to the line more than once. Our back four must have been thinking what the hell is going on. I know it's harsh after one game but he doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. I thought giving him a 4 was generous. Didn't like the jeering of him though but what the hell must Max be thinking.

He was released from the MLS club Vancouver to cover for FF and NM injuries and I was as surprised as everyone that LJ played him ahead of MoL. 

The Championship is much quicker than the MLS and in the first minute he was very nearly dispossessed .............:facepalm:

Very odd decision from LJ to start him..............:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was released from the MLS club Vancouver to cover for FF and NM injuries and I was as surprised as everyone that LJ played him ahead of MoL. 

The Championship is much quicker than the MLS and in the first minute he was very nearly disposed.............:facepalm:

Problem is now is that we have both our first team keepers out so are left with these 2 who hardly inspire any confidence. 

Personally I pretty much agree with the OP. My view:

Marinovic 4 - Struggled on the ball but did make some good saves.

Hunt 5 - Hardly noticed him really.

Kalas 6 - Solid as ever.

Webster 6 - Gave it away at times but still our best player as usual.

Kelly 6 - Probably our best player before the o.g. then faded.

Brownhill 5 - Looks like he needs a break.

Pack 4 - See above. We have missed Korey in recent weeks.

Weimann 4 - Did well for 10 mins first half then non existent.

Eliasson 6 - The only one who looked like creating anything.

Paterson 3 - His worst game in a long time.

Diedhiou 4 - Couldn't get anything going.

Subs did not really affect the game at all so not really worth doing a rating.

I was disappointed in two things from management - one that we waited too long to do subs when we were playing poorly and the other that they did not bring on Semenyo.

However, lets take the two week break and have a real go at the last 10 games. Tonight was terrible but we are still exceeding all expectations to be challenging the playoffs so best to try not to be too disheartened.

4 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Kelly played alright tonight, if he didn’t make that block at the start then we would’ve lost the game and what was Diédhiou supposed to do with the abysmal service he got.

Kelly is far too casual.

Diedhiou, how about instead of waitng behind his marker, ocassionally attempt to lose his marker, get in front of his marker, makes runs attempting to drag defenders out or even the ocassional near post run, if you can highlight any moment last night that that happened I will be happy to actually see the evidence.

9 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

Thanks for the reply.

It was a strange one to play Max on Saturday, if it really was the intention to play Stefan v Ipswich.  Keepers want to know they’re no1....and now they are getting a 45 minute trial v Cardiff.  We as fans, shouldn’t know this.

Marinovic 4 - Dodgy and a performance bad enough I wouldn’t play him again unless Max is injured.

Hunt 5 - need match sharpness. He took awhile to settle here maybe he needs another few games to get back to his best. Our best RB. Though he needs to never assume the ball is out of play again. 

Kalas 6 - thought the crowd influenced him tonight. Needed a calm head when the crowd got antsy at times but thought he’d hear the crowd the lump one forward. Defensively he rarely does anything wrong so this is strictly an on the ball score

Webster 7 - Scored amd defended well. Tried his best to push us forward without pumping it up to Fam. With Pack next to him and the wingers and Pato on the shoulder of their defenders, it left Brownhill as the sole option between 3 central midfielders. Inevitably it meant AW gave a few away but can’t fault his effort

Kelly 7 - thought he was our best player. Defended well and put in some lovely crosses. Even beat his man a few times. OG I haven’t seen again but was a lovely cross so can’t be too harsh.

Weimann 5 - I have defended him before because he would keep width and make some lovely runs from the right. Always showed for the ball and if need be spin in behind. Last night did none of that. 

Pack & Brownhill 5 - Both probably shattered tbf but both were so anonymous. I can’t recall a single bright moment from the pair of them but was a forgettable night

Eliasson 6 - gets this score because I thought he was a bit unlucky. Ball just didn’t seem to bounce his way and think the wind bothered his crossing a bit. Still worked hard enough but nothing really happened for him

Paterson 5 - in my thinking Pato is a space player. Last night Ipswich closed down aggressively and rendered Pato useless. Too lightweight and probably ended up falling over more times than he completed a pass. 

Diedhiou 5 - seemed more up for it and had some good touches and held the ball up at times. Where it all went wrong was the final third. Moves just die at him and it is not a great trait for your record signing striker. One incident stuck out for me and most probably won’t recall it. Palmer had just lost a defender and was being closed down again. He pings one into Fam who is being defended but defender is behind him. Needs a nice little first time touch back to Palmer who would then be in a good position. Instead it fires back off Fam about 5 yards from where Palmer is running. Saw Palmer have a little disgruntled look back at Fam. He needed a bit more help from Fam but he just does not provide it. I have been very patient with Diedhiou and he has his uses but he is not a striker who will get you promoted on his own. 

On 13/03/2019 at 12:32, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Kelly is far too casual.

Diedhiou, how about instead of waitng behind his marker, ocassionally attempt to lose his marker, get in front of his marker, makes runs attempting to drag defenders out or even the ocassional near post run, if you can highlight any moment last night that that happened I will be happy to actually see the evidence.

Had an overhead kick which almost went in. Had a reboot good touches laying it back to the midfield not a lot more but he didn’t have a lot of touches considering Paterson, Brownhill and Pack all had poor games 

Archived