IGNORED

This is The Club Lansdown has Built, Accept it

9 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Im talking about our history. for the size of the City we have had the poorest history out of all clubs from major Cities. Fact

And we have to listen to the same reasons and its acceptance .

Couldn’t agree more.

Thsnk goodness the last couple of seasons have seen love forward then.

On 13/03/2019 at 06:40, Bri Stool City said:

These fantastic young players how many are there? and will we actually keep any for more than a season from those that establish themselves in the first team, they will be cashed in on as soon as they are worth anything. Then what build again?

As for the ground how much do we make from it and how much is it costing us to, how much of its matchday and non matchday income goes directly to the club? We share this ground with others and have no control over its inhabitants.

Rather have the old ground and proper passion filled footie back any day......progress not imo.

Totally agree... its now one mans plaything and where is the fans connection with the club... 

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:58, Keepers Ball said:

Im talking about our history. for the size of the City we have had the poorest history out of all clubs from major Cities. Fact

And we have to listen to the same reasons and its acceptance .

Same old, same old we have endured year on year "fall away" due to transfer window in-activity at the critical stage and in fact a record breaking non winning run of results.

The year on year "improvement" will not continue this season imo but the loss of our best players and continuous re-building will.

Considering all that has happened at City since 1981, and watching other Clubs with dodgybowners and huge debts, I’m quite happy with a stable Championship Club and a sensible chairman. Big problem with football, fans always want more, think the owner has a bottomless pit of money, believe spending big guarantees success, and don’t grasp realities of FFP.

On 13/03/2019 at 12:11, 054123 said:

I agree with you. I have deep concerns about Lee Johnson as whilst he may not be as ‘streaky’ as is popularised, our form just seems to disappear and he doesn’t know why. 

For all that, I cannot accept that the last couple of years have been mediocre and for much of the 80s,90s and early 00s we were way behind where we currently are.

And the issue with our form disappearing keeps recurring. I can understand it happening but would have thought if it had happened once as a manager to your team, you would be better prepared the next time but unfortunately with LJ this is not the case.

4 hours ago, Chappers said:

Considering all that has happened at City since 1981, and watching other Clubs with dodgybowners and huge debts, I’m quite happy with a stable Championship Club and a sensible chairman. Big problem with football, fans always want more, think the owner has a bottomless pit of money, believe spending big guarantees success, and don’t grasp realities of FFP.

Yes but the problem is weve seen a glimpse of how close we are to being promotion contenders. When you get a taste of it you want to see the 10% extra commitment/investment needed to get the team there.

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yes but the problem is weve seen a glimpse of how close we are to being promotion contenders. When you get a taste of it you want to see the 10% extra commitment/investment needed to get the team there.

In some ways I do agree, but sometimes that extra 10% leads to another 10% and before you know it, things are out of control. We will get another chance, and maybe then we will get it right. We are definitely on the right lines, and the stability is a massive bonus. 

6 hours ago, Chappers said:

Agreed- I'm big on FFP, that's before we even consider our history. There are times you have to take that risk though which leads me onto my next point...

2 hours ago, mozo said:

...Agree with this too, oddly enough! Only when the time is right and with the FFP scenario- I think January would have been if figures quoted right too, an opportune time to loan Assombalonga- yes £3.5m is quite a lot but remember around £1m of that'd have been wages and if it didn't work he would have been off the books in summer. I'll defend us not pushing further in January 2018 given the FFP risks but this January, a single loan for Assombalonga in the position we were in post the summer 2018 restructure, even at £3.5m? Yeah, go for it...given the wage commitment wouldn't have been with us post summer 2019!

On 13/03/2019 at 22:58, Keepers Ball said:

You think Rovers have a better history than us? :dunno:

Archived