IGNORED

Bristol City Twitter Account

BessexRED

7 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Sure, I’ve attached it below.

75B1EDD5-9738-4617-8136-8BF70E06A95B.jpeg

Oh that yes I’d happily call him a dick over a pint for calling people who mostly had no choice died fighting for this country idiots, I’d imagine many people would. Absolute no issues with that at all, hopefully it was his english and misinterpreted.

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

Oh that yes I’d happily call him a dick over a pint for calling war dead idiots, I’d imagine many people would. Absolute no issues with that at all, hopefully it was English and misinterpreted.

Likewise, as this thread shows plenty of people would have no issues with calling Downsy a dick. 

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Likewise, as this thread shows plenty of people would have no issues with calling Downsy a dick. 

Can’t you see a difference between someone calling war dead “idiots” a dick as that post was downright offensive and calling someone doing his job a bellend?

8 hours ago, BessexRED said:

This may sound like the bitter ramblings of a fan after a defeat but it’s really not, it’s just more tweets tonight have led me to post this...

Has anyone actually noticed an improvement on the Twitter account from the early season? Other than perhaps being less antagonistic, I’ve really not noticed much of a difference.

The output is really poor, they rehash shit videos that make us and our fan base look tinpot, the interactions with the tweets are nowhere near as good as they were in recent years as they’re constantly posting the same videos of the East End bouncing rather than using them now and again when they should be.

After the fantastic success of the social media team (particularly Twitter with the GIFs) last season, I’ve no idea why we decided to take a change of route, and it’s backfired as Dave Barton and the rest of his team are really out of touch with City fans, and more generally football fans.

@KINGERS made a video earlier in the season which was brilliant and they’ve tried to incorporate some of his suggestions but to a poor standard — he said he’d like to see a podcast, they’ve done it but it’s hosted by a bloke who in my opinion and the opinion of many other City fans is quite frankly a bellend and rather than discussing things that fans would like to hear they do stuff like “guess the flavour of the pancakes” for a difficult to watch 15 minutes.

I think we need someone who gets it doing this job, whether that be a fan of the club who’s clued up in fan engagement like Kingers or someone who’s done a similar job to a decent standard before. Tweets like the one below from Saturday say to me they have absolutely no idea how to address the fans.

Or, y’know, we could beg Adam Baker to come back....

DA4B202D-C2C0-44C3-903E-59F8758A5C42.jpeg

Agree with most of this however Downsey is ok and I've enjoyed listening to the podcast 

8 hours ago, BessexRED said:

8 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Can’t you see a difference between someone calling war dead “idiots” a dick as that post was downright offensive and calling someone doing his job a bellend?

Good thread from you both, but I have to agree with Ashton on this one I'm afraid. There's a very big difference between calling war dead idiots and calling our match day announcer a bellend.

Our war dead, rightly revered as heroes, fought and died for the freedom and liberty of our nation, and that of our European neighbors. Many didn't have much say in the matter, especially in WW1: pals battalions were formed from all walks of life and men were sent over the tops to their death in a war very few understood. Someone from a neutral nation not heavily involved in the conflict to call them the blanket term of 'idiots' clearly without much understanding on the subject, is extremely disrespectful to their memories.

On a spectacularly unrelated issue, calling our matchday announcer a bellend is a personal insult. An off the cusp casual remark made without properly knowing the bloke at all. Insult his style by all means and offer constructive criticism, but no need to attack him personally. 

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

As I said earlier, he's having to make 20000 people happy every week. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking he's doing a decent job and very few people around me think he's either 'poor' or a 'bellend'. 

He's constantly improving and he engages well with our younger fans, which is just what he needs to do

Yep has the right build to be a new Scrumpy perfect to interact with the young fans, would not matter if they joined us in not understanding a word he says! AND with those gloves the match day draw would be believable again - Miracle worker consecutive tickets indeed?

28 minutes ago, Unan said:

What a truly boring thread, 2 people arguing whilst saying almost nothing of any substance. In the words of the forum clown, z z zz zz z z

I fully agree, that’s what happens with JBFC II as he jumps on anything I post to try and create an issue. He must lead a very dull life.

The point of the thread wasn’t to talk about Downsy that’s been done to death, it’s a shame that he’s derailed another topic.

Only on OTIB can a post about twitter turn into two people arguing over the use of the word "bellend".

In the immortal words of Alanis Morrisette: "isn't it ironic".

You're all bellends and I'd tell you that to your face. All 5ft of me will look up into your faces and call you bellends. 

elley duhe GIF by Zedd

8 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I fully agree, that’s what happens with JBFC II as he jumps on anything I post to try and create an issue. He must lead a very dull life.

The point of the thread wasn’t to talk about Downsy that’s been done to death, it’s a shame that he’s derailed another topic.

Derailed another topic by quoting your post and asking you what you meant by it? 

Isn't that the point of a forum, to discuss people's views... 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I never went last night, and I have only skimmed this thread, but am I to assume that the P.A.has been fixed?

That can be the only thing to have warranted this outburst.

WOOHOO! WORKING P.A. SYSTEM!

It may well have been fixed everywhere else but I didn't hear any of it in the dolman...

On the Downsy hate - have you considered that what he says isn't off-the-cuff, and what he does for the crowds is likely to be tailored behind the scenes?

I'm not a fan of his act, but then again I don't go to the football to be entertained by a guy off the radio.

On the social media front, I think our account is pretty much a bog-standard social media brand. I think they do a decent job most of the time, but it's the kind of job where you'll get absolutely ******* slated for a single mistake, and we've made a few of them - again, this is probably curated by a group of people, and probably not by fans.

Archived