IGNORED

Timely substitutions

Red-Robbo

Two words that go with Lee Johnson like Alpha Male go with Charles Hawtrey.

Has anyone got any clue why he constantly adheres to players and patterns that clearly aren't working and makes subs far too late to have an impact?

This - for me - is an abiding hallmark of Lee's reign here.  Everyone can see it isn't working; everyone can see we are going to concede but... he sits on his hands.

Just bring the bloody subs on BEFORE we let a goal in for once!!

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Two words that go with Lee Johnson like Alpha Male go with Charles Hawtrey.

Has anyone got any clue why he constantly adheres to players and patterns that clearly aren't working and makes subs far too late to have an impact?

This - for me - is an abiding hallmark of Lee's reign here.  Everyone can see it isn't working; everyone can see we are going to concede but... he sits on his hands.

Just bring the bloody subs on BEFORE we let a goal in for once!!

Was just about to start a thread RR. It was as if he was waiting for Ipswich to score then send on the subs to win us the game. Ok we were better at the end of the first half so could understand not to make the changes at HT but the way we came out second half those changes should have been made within ten minutes. Also why was Eliasson taken off he was the only one who was creating anything all night.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Was just about to start a thread RR. It was as if he was waiting for Ipswich to score then send on the subs to win us the game. Ok we were better at the end of the first half so could understand not to make the changes at HT but the way we came out second half those changes should have been made within ten minutes. Also why was Eliasson taken off he was the only one who was creating anything all night.

I'm a big Eliasson fan but his excellent crosses are wasted when you haven't got a striker good enough to get on the end of them. Fammy nowhere near good enough.

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

I'm a big Eliasson fan but his excellent crosses are wasted when you haven't got a striker good enough to get on the end of them. Fammy nowhere near good enough.

The problem is a lot of the time he is the only one in the box. 

The subs are my biggest complaint from last night. The team , formation etc, you can explain away. Bad games happen , players play poorly , tension affects people , but why not try and change it. 
Everyone in the ******* ground knew they would score before too long , but LJ just stood watching !!

Sorry, but that really pissed me off. He waited and waited , they scored and he still waited , eventually he made a change but even then there was no urgency.  After getting a very fortunate lead , we could have really grabbed the initiative but we didn't . LJ let the game drift and allowed Ipswich to get a firm grip again. He should have been proactive, instead it was as if he expected things to change magically.  The coach/manager can't do anything to make players play better once they cross the white line, what they can do is make changes, we lacked leadership on and off the pitch last night.

35 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The subs are my biggest complaint from last night. The team , formation etc, you can explain away. Bad games happen , players play poorly , tension affects people , but why not try and change it. 
Everyone in the ******* ground knew they would score before too long , but LJ just stood watching !!

Sorry, but that really pissed me off. He waited and waited , they scored and he still waited , eventually he made a change but even then there was no urgency.  After getting a very fortunate lead , we could have really grabbed the initiative but we didn't . LJ let the game drift and allowed Ipswich to get a firm grip again. He should have been proactive, instead it was as if he expected things to change magically.  The coach/manager can't do anything to make players play better once they cross the white line, what they can do is make changes, we lacked leadership on and off the pitch last night.

When the pressure starts to build in the game it feels like LJ is like a deer in the headlights, not very good at crisis management, his coaches should help him out more

Archived