IGNORED

Lansdown and Johnson out

SODS_LAW

They’ve  got to go, this is getting pathetic, 6th in the league is not good enough for a team who sold half last season goals in the summer. We are the mighty Bristol city we SHOULD be 10 points clear by now. Wish we spent 75k a week on Tammy Abraham so we could be up there with Aston Villa! We’ve clearly got no plan for the future only buying old washed up players on big money, why didn’t Lansdown go for aguero in the summer? Trying to sign assombalonga and hogan in January lacks ambition, why did we let them turn us down? Pathetic. He should never of pumped so much of his money into our stadium, I hear Bolton’s chairman is available soon so hopefully he will bid for our club. Get rid of Johnson and let’s get mourinho or moyes, Johnson’s lead us to our most successful period in years and I refuse to go untill he leaves. We are by far the biggest club in this division we need to wake up and smell the roses, Burnley done it on a small budget so why the hell cant we? In fact we should take dyche off there hands! Can’t believe Lansdown hasn’t even thought of that? I dream of being as ambitious as Sunderland, villa, Birmingham, Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, derby etc. 

What have i done in a past life to be stuck with this terrible football club?

6 hours ago, SODS_LAW said:

They’ve  got to go, this is getting pathetic, 6th in the league is not good enough for a team who sold half last season goals in the summer. We are the mighty Bristol city we SHOULD be 10 points clear by now. Wish we spent 75k a week on Tammy Abraham so we could be up there with Aston Villa! We’ve clearly got no plan for the future only buying old washed up players on big money, why didn’t Lansdown go for aguero in the summer? Trying to sign assombalonga and hogan in January lacks ambition, why did we let them turn us down? Pathetic. He should never of pumped so much of his money into our stadium, I hear Bolton’s chairman is available soon so hopefully he will bid for our club. Get rid of Johnson and let’s get mourinho or moyes, Johnson’s lead us to our most successful period in years and I refuse to go untill he leaves. We are by far the biggest club in this division we need to wake up and smell the roses, Burnley done it on a small budget so why the hell cant we? In fact we should take dyche off there hands! Can’t believe Lansdown hasn’t even thought of that? I dream of being as ambitious as Sunderland, villa, Birmingham, Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, derby etc. 

This is....as Donald Trump would say.....Fake News

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Exactly what have I said? Please explain. 

Listen you and a few others are particularly negative about LJ and you’re entitled to your opinion but it’s the complete opposite to mine. I believe I read something about LJ has to go if we don’t make the top 10 which to me is farcical. I’m not going to argue as you’ll stick to your guns and I’ll end up winding myself up.

3 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

Listen you and a few others are particularly negative about LJ and you’re entitled to your opinion but it’s the complete opposite to mine. I believe I read something about LJ has to go if we don’t make the top 10 which to me is farcical. I’m not going to argue as you’ll stick to your guns and I’ll end up winding myself up.

In fairness I think I’ve been particularly negative about Lee last night but that was deserved. Generally though I’m not quite ready to hang out my bed sheets just yet. 

He does need to learn though. And fast.

26 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness I think I’ve been particularly negative about Lee last night but that was deserved. Generally though I’m not quite ready to hang out my bed sheets just yet. 

He does need to learn though. And fast.

I understand the frustration last night was shocking and not good enough, I just think in the grand scheme of things we’re on the right path and slowly building to a side who can challenge the top 6 regularly. I can’t think of another coach who can come in and improve what we’re doing that is available and willing to come. 

Lets ride it out and see where it takes us!

8 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

I understand the frustration last night was shocking and not good enough, I just think in the grand scheme of things we’re on the right path and slowly building to a side who can challenge the top 6 regularly. I can’t think of another coach who can come in and improve what we’re doing that is available and willing to come. 

So SL finally joins us on OTIB

Shocking avatar, Stevie. Shocker.

Just wish LJ would be more honest, and stop making excuses. Just now and again tell it like it is............instead of waffling ballhooks.  The supporters would appreciate some truthful insights, instead of his constant mealy mouthed meanderings?  Sorry bout the alliteration!

On 13/03/2019 at 18:26, SODS_LAW said:

Good morning SL, Do something decent, get this clown out, he's got his favourite players whom he won't drop, even £5.3 rated FD, whom is not (REPEAT) NOT doing the job, yes I've ordered my S/T for next season but I'm seriously thinking of canceling it, while he's still here, and that's my opinion, 

13 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Good morning SL, Do something decent, get this clown out, he's got his favourite players whom he won't drop, even £5.3 rated FD, whom is not (REPEAT) NOT doing the job, yes I've ordered my S/T for next season but I'm seriously thinking of canceling it, while he's still here, and that's my opinion, 

Interested that you didn't cancel it through much worse times?

I know we had less money then, less revenue generation facilities and the like, but we've seen so much worse...in my time Benny and Ward season, Pulis, which was the beginning of an 8 year stint in League One, the Tinnion era which ended with the 7-1 at Swansea, the record losing streak, the beginning of the decline when GJ left and Coppell, Millen, McInnes and O'Driscoll between them (but not only them, a mix of tightened finances, new FFP regs and the like) and the 5 Pillars all contributed to us falling from a mid-table/lower mid table Championship side to bottom of League 2 and then even the last days of Cotterill.

Historically we're in (by our standards) a pretty good place. Now I'm not saying we should be happy and settle- I think we should have really pushed for Assombalonga on loan in January for one- but it's a pretty good place we're in- on and off the pitch.

On 13/03/2019 at 18:37, maxjak said:

Just wish LJ would be more honest, and stop making excuses. Just now and again tell it like it is............instead of waffling ballhooks.  The supporters would appreciate some truthful insights, instead of his constant mealy mouthed meanderings?  Sorry bout the alliteration!

Making excuses or simply saying as it is?   :dunno:

I really just don’t get why some fans still  slag off LJ. So far he’s masterminded us to within touching distance of the pray offs with 10 games to go and done it with one hand tied behind his back. Bearing that in mind I’d say he’s doing a decent job.

For as long as I’ve been attending AG fans have always moaned about whoever the manager is. They question team selections ( without any inside information) his substitutions, tactics and formations - it’s always been a part of going to football and nothing has changed.

What these fans lack is any ability to understand the wider picture............:dunno:

On 13/03/2019 at 08:52, SODS_LAW said:

Save

Your

Fishes for me

Save all your fishes for meeee...

Wasn't it the Brotherhood of Man?

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I really just don’t get why some fans still  slag off LJ. So far he’s masterminded us to within touching distance of the pray offs with 10 games to go and done it with one hand tied behind his back. Bearing that in mind I’d say he’s doing a decent job.

For as long as I’ve been attending AG fans have always moaned about whoever the manager is. They question team selections ( without any inside information) his substitutions, tactics and formations - it’s always been a part of going to football and nothing has changed.

What these fans lack is any ability to understand the wider picture............:dunno:

Yep they certainly have Robbo....Fans moaning about managers have ended in some strange situations and yes you are right those fan/s didn’t understand the wider picture!

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I can perceive at once how the wise Bhagwan of the forum understands the wider picture, so kind of you to communicate with us lesser mortals. Sorry for our lack of understanding?    However i was not slagging off LJ, I actually think he is doing an ok job.  However i do believe his constant excuses and sidesteps when interviewed have become tedious and predictable.  I am merely requesting that LJ, on occasions.. needs to stop toeing the company line...........and be forthright and honest with the people who care., and just now and again tells us how disappointed he was with the lack of intelligence and effort, and apologise to the supporters who spend their hard earned following the club for some of the lacklustre home performances.  That is all!    P.S. Is that a freudian slip.......Re: Pray Offs? or intentional?  As most most supporters who are looking at our forthcoming fixtures............are praying!

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I can perceive at once how the wise Bhagwan of the forum understands the wider picture, so kind of you to communicate with us lesser mortals. Sorry for our lack of understanding?    However i was not slagging off LJ, I actually think he is doing an ok job.  However i do believe his constant excuses and sidesteps when interviewed have become tedious and predictable.  I am merely requesting that LJ, on occasions.. needs to stop toeing the company line...........and be forthright and honest with the people who care., and just now and again tells us how disappointed he was with the lack of intelligence and effort, and apologise to the supporters who spend their hard earned following the club for some of the lacklustre home performances.  That is all!    P.S. Is that a freudian slip.......Re: Pray Offs? or intentional?  As most most supporters who are looking at our forthcoming fixtures............are praying!

I would argue that LJ is the best manager in my memory in terms of his communication skills with the media and us fans.

If I were to be critical, he does use terms such as ‘clutch and ‘transition’ which many fans wouldn’t understand..........:cool2: 

He’s either being a smartarse or is showing us fans plenty of respect......the latter Imv. .

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I would argue that LJ is the best manager in my memory in terms of his communication skills with the media and us fans.

If I were to be critical, he does use terms such as ‘clutch and ‘transition’ which many fans wouldn’t understand..........:cool2: 

He’s either being a smartarse or is showing us fans plenty of respect......the latter Imv. .

And.............Busybees!?

Archived