IGNORED

Drop Diedhou

Berkshire Red

37 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I can see that being problematic and having disadvantages if it continues season to season. Cyclic change each season dependant on loans. Bristol City developing other clubs assets and paying them to do so. Is that the strategy of the club? 

Temporarily - until hopefully some of the youngsters develop sufficiently to reach Championship standard.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Remember that City we’re faced with losing Flint, Bryan and Reid this time last season. Otib was full of doom and gloom.......but what happened? 

LJ used his relationship with Chelsea to bring in Kalas, Dasilva and later on Palmer. He signed Webster and Hunt and consequently City have one of the best defensive records in the Championship. LJ did an excellent job without spending huge sums on marquee players.

Absoloutely no reason why he can’t continue to do the same in this summers window.

Yeh, and as quoted, by selling those players (Flint, Bryan, Reid) resulted in no one scoring the goals, because LJ  brought in the wrong players, ie L1 L2 players, paid £1.2m and sat on the bench, had a chance with Assabalonga but as stated Landsdown wouldn't pay his wages, and as for Fammy, Well. 

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Temporarily - until hopefully some of the youngsters develop sufficiently to reach Championship standard.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And so he is - building the squad as closely as possible within SLs strategy.

Having 50% of the back four on loan season long is a thin strategy. Diony and Kent demonstrate how inadequate loans can be. In regards squad building and implementing play its  problematic beyond short terms. 

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Having 50% of the back four on loan season long is a thin strategy. Diony and Kent demonstrate how inadequate loans can be. In regards squad building and implementing play its  problematic beyond short terms. 

I’m not saying that I agree with it Cowshed, like you I see it as a thin strategy but that’s the way it currently is and there’s nothing we fans can do about it.

That said, I’m sure LJ appreciates that season long loans has its drawbacks  but with the financial constraints that he’s working with he doesn’t have many other options. 

The positives are that with the help of season long loans City get promoted............:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not saying that I agree with it Cowshed, like you I see it as a thin strategy but that’s the way it currently is and there’s nothing we fans can do about it.

That said, I’m sure LJ appreciates that season long loans has its drawbacks  but with the financial constraints that he’s working with he doesn’t have many other options. 

The positives are that with the help of season long loans City get promoted............:dunno:

I was answering your - Absoloutely no reason why he can’t continue to do the same in this summers window. In regards to loans. Drawbacks would be loans not being successful in future. A reasonable why. Its not an absolute. 

13 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I was answering your - Absoloutely no reason why he can’t continue to do the same in this summers window. In regards to loans. Drawbacks would be loans not being successful in future. A reasonable why. Its not an absolute. 

We’ve had unsuccessful loans plenty of times before under many different managers. They’re a gamble  just as any signing is. 

The two,  Dasilva and Kalas have proved to be an essential part of the current squad. 

If, and it’s a big if LJ can use season long loans again and they help us reach the PL then it will have  paid off - and within the strategy.

Players were burnt out in the back end of last season with consequent poor results.  The same trend this year despite having a stronger squad because we haven't strengthened in midfield.

I can't understand why after such a high-quality performance against Huddersfield that Joe Morrell isn't getting more game time. Okay, his game against Wolves wasn't great but we've been giving the ball away much more and the one thing with JM is he doesn't waste possession.   

I also think teams have worked us out a bit. They have seen we have scored a lot of goals from crosses so, consequently,  LJ has adjusted the formation and played through the middle more I'd rather we kept what we were doing and continue to impose the same style that brought the success. 

The difference in the last couple of games means we have looked no better than non-league in terms of keeping the ball.  That has to be formation as well as midfield burn out.  I think we are better spreading the ball to the likes of Eliasson, O'Dowda out wide rather than playing narrower with Patterson and Weimann.  The former are more of a goal threat as well.

Obviously, coaches have to tweak things but  I'd much rather City continue to impose the same successful style that brought that winning run.  Let others adjust to the questions we pose rather than vice versa.

Archived