IGNORED

What must LJ do in the next 17 days?

Super

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Give them a rest. The legs look gone on all the key players that make up the spine of this team which was previously 15 games unbeaten. Hopefully after some time to recover we will see them back to where they were. 

Or understand why it's a very City thing to bang on about tiredness all the time. 

Its long been recognised (by LJ too) that increased game time or effort is offset by reduced training workload. 

More games, less training.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Or understand why it's a very City thing to bang on about tiredness all the time. 

Its long been recognised (by LJ too) that increased game time or effort is offset by reduced training workload. 

They probably are having less training, however considering we have had the same midfield duo for practically every league match this season, they would still look jaded with very little training time.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

They probably are having less training, however considering we have had the same midfield duo for practically every league match this season, they would still look jaded with very little training time.

Kind of get that. But which teams are in a similar boat and still performing without the same excuses? 

14 minutes ago, _Shawn_x said:

Force feed pato too bulk him up

Well it’s nailed on that he starts against Sheffield, despite the FACT that he is our worst player at the moment!  

LJ quoted by the post 

“Jamie Paterson - one of the best players in the division on his day. Today he wasn't as good as he can be. he just didn't play well.

"But that's alright, next week he will be. He'll play against Sheffield United and he'll be fantastic."

And he might well be as he seems to thrive against the Blades, scoring a 'worldie' up at Bramall Lane last season.”

dont forget to give him a cuddle Lee, very touching yesterday when he came off - don’t lose the love!

45 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

That's not a great approach, considering that players train for a reason.

Conditioning needs to be kept up, and players need to be working on tactics for the next game.

Either way, it'd explain a lot. Either we're not adequately resting our players, and they're burning out half-way through the season, or we're relaxing training to compensate, and we're getting found out due to a lack of preparation.

54 minutes ago, Super said:

Any ideas?

First off all give the players some time off, we’ve got a game until 30th so time to recharge batteries

Debrief the last couple of games as a squad and coaching team

Pick a team to play the rest of the season , change of formation maybe? Two up top, 3-5-2 , or 4-3-1-2 let’s try something different 

51 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Kind of get that. But which teams are in a similar boat and still performing without the same excuses? 

Probably Sheffield United, Fleck has played a similar amount of time. However Pack has never struck me as being the most naturally fit player anyway unlike someone such as Korey Smith who I feel is such a big loss in the last 5 games where we have started to look flat. 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

First off all give the players some time off, we’ve got a game until 30th so time to recharge batteries

Debrief the last couple of games as a squad and coaching team

Pick a team to play the rest of the season , change of formation maybe? Two up top, 3-5-2 , or 4-3-1-2 let’s try something different 

Agree on both. Time available to rebuild, reboot and recharge. It looks to me that certain players are mentally tired of the same old drills (just a guess).

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think he needs to find a way to play 2 up top. 

Many were scoffing post match about the merits of a rebuild now, but getting some attacking intent and momentum, particularly early on in any game is vital to how the game pans out, more often than not. Front foot players with 2 runners to aim at up top is indeed what I'd like to see on the run in.

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I thought that’s why we carried a largish squad to avoid burn out ?

I know we’ve had injuries but I can’t believe that playing time couldn’t have been better apportioned. 

Id give em all a week off tbh, midfield especially. Cant get much worse from the games we've witnessed lately and most of the season at home. 

Must be obvious to Johnson there is something glaringly wrong with our home form this season in terms of creating chances. Like someone said above, needs to look at the changing the formation for me.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought that’s why we carried a largish squad to avoid burn out ?

I know we’ve had injuries but I can’t believe that playing time couldn’t have been better apportioned. 

We do but with Smith and Walsh having been out practically all season we have no established first teamers to take the load off Pack and Brownhill, who unsurprisingly have played the most minutes this season in our squad. 

Forget about LJ but this is what I am going to do:

1. Finally accept that we are not a top 6 squad.

2. Accept that, accordingly, we are doing well to be in the top 6 at this point.

3. Not be devastated if we don’t make the top 6.

4. Be surprised and elated if we do make the top 6.

5. Support the squad over the next 10 matches and see where it takes us; enjoy it as I did not expect us to be in the top 6 in mid March.

As for LJ, a couple of weeks ago he was making some bold substitutions as early as half time. He needs to do that more if certain players aren’t performing on the day. 

Archived