IGNORED

What must LJ do in the next 17 days?

Super

51 minutes ago, eardun said:

Forget about LJ but this is what I am going to do:

1. Finally accept that we are not a top 6 squad.

2. Accept that, accordingly, we are doing well to be in the top 6 at this point.

3. Not be devastated if we don’t make the top 6.

4. Be surprised and elated if we do make the top 6.

5. Support the squad over the next 10 matches and see where it takes us; enjoy it as I did not expect us to be in the top 6 in mid March.

As for LJ, a couple of weeks ago he was making some bold substitutions as early as half time. He needs to do that more if certain players aren’t performing on the day. 

How is life as a Zen master, by the way? ?

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think he needs to find a way to play 2 up top. 

we got the wing backs and plenty of centre half’s to cover it . 

Max 

Kalas.     Webster.       Kelly/baker

hunt/Pisano    Pack    Josh               Dasilva

?/pato/Palmer 

Semenyo/Wieman.  Fam 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

How is life as a Zen master, by the way? ?

It may just be the medication - had my hip replaced on Monday! I watched the match on TV when I got home today (having avoided the result). It didn’t do much for my recovery!

Come to realise that tactics are not a small mint flavoured confectionery, but a means of outwitting the opposition by a series of ploys and manoveures which ultimately leads to putting the ball between the posts situated at the other end of the field?

6 hours ago, EnderMB said:

That's not a great approach, considering that players train for a reason.

Conditioning needs to be kept up, and players need to be working on tactics for the next game.

Either way, it'd explain a lot. Either we're not adequately resting our players, and they're burning out half-way through the season, or we're relaxing training to compensate, and we're getting found out due to a lack of preparation.

How much preparation do our players need to make a simple pass? 

On 13/03/2019 at 16:20, Major Isewater said:

I thought that’s why we carried a largish squad to avoid burn out ?

I know we’ve had injuries but I can’t believe that playing time couldn’t have been better apportioned. 

He’s not rotated the central core....Kalas and Webster is fine, CBs don’t need resting, but Pack, Brownhill, Paterson and Diedhiou have played a lot of minutes.  We’ve rotated wide, but the last few games have seen our “centre” look woefully short.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:37, eardun said:

Forget about LJ but this is what I am going to do:

1. Finally accept that we are not a top 6 squad.

2. Accept that, accordingly, we are doing well to be in the top 6 at this point.

3. Not be devastated if we don’t make the top 6.

4. Be surprised and elated if we do make the top 6.

5. Support the squad over the next 10 matches and see where it takes us; enjoy it as I did not expect us to be in the top 6 in mid March.

As for LJ, a couple of weeks ago he was making some bold substitutions as early as half time. He needs to do that more if certain players aren’t performing on the day. 

so to be sure you're not expecting us to make top six, is that right?

Find a how out to; Prise open SL cheque book and get him to sign one for 30m ready for the summer = Kalas  purchase, proven goalscorer (in this div, not a lower league one for the future) and a midfield general while deciding at the same time to keep all our best players.

While this is prob just pocket money to SL it would be and investment for the future and show many that we do actually have ambition to get promoted and we would then make a serious challenge to get out of this league. If decent players were brought in they would be an investment as we could always sale them if need be.

Loans are ok but its money down the drain really as you have nothing to sale at the end, look at the last window another wasted chance to make a forward move and make a proper challenge.:dunno: 

Steve you have spent money on a redeveloped ground time now to let LJ off the leash trust him with a decent fund to find the players we need to fill this ground every week and get us out of this div. Play with the best pay with the best.

51 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Find a how out to; Prise open SL cheque book and get him to sign one for 30m ready for the summer = Kalas  purchase, proven goalscorer (in this div, not a lower league one for the future) and a midfield general while deciding at the same time to keep all our best players.

While this is prob just pocket money to SL...

It’s very easy to spend other people’s money isn’t it... 

This ain’t gonna happen

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It’s very easy to spend other people’s money isn’t it... 

This ain’t gonna happen

There`s spending and wasting i.e loans and poor unworthy signings and then there`s spending and investing; the later being you buy something that will make your investment grow and you have something you can always cash in on at a later date.:dunno:

Now that investment could bring in many times its cost and show we intend to make an impression on this league, if its invested wisely by the managers he employs; if not they are the wrong managers.

Does seem though that its only bricks and mortar that SL wants to invest in atm.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s not rotated the central core....Kalas and Webster is fine, CBs don’t need resting, but Pack, Brownhill, Paterson and Diedhiou have played a lot of minutes.  We’ve rotated wide, but the last few games have seen our “centre” look woefully short.

I'd like to travel to the parallel universe in which Korey doesn't get injured and see how we fair in the season

10 hours ago, pillred said:

so to be sure you're not expecting us to make top six, is that right?

I think we will be overachieving (from a squad and financial clout perspective v others) if we achieve top 6. So I’m not expecting top 6, but still hope we can overachieve and make it.

5 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

There`s spending and wasting i.e loans and poor unworthy signings and then there`s spending and investing; the later being you buy something that will make your investment grow and you have something you can always cash in on at a later date.:dunno:

Now that investment could bring in many times its cost and show we intend to make an impression on this league, if its invested wisely by the managers he employs; if not they are the wrong managers.

Does seem though that its only bricks and mortar that SL wants to invest in atm.

Personally, think it's no bad approach what we've done, or a lot of it anyway. Don't think we've invested that badly- hit and miss recruitment yeah, but not that bad. Question marks as to whether we have got the best out of various players we signed too.

Put the infrastructure in place- i.e. the improved ground, the improved training facilities- these help to attract players, plus generate better income streams. The corporate facilities, conferencing and poncier aspects- not fussed personally- but it's a necessary evil in 2019. Once those stronger foundations in place then it helps to build the club- oh and the academy, it's come on great in the last few years. Best since the 1970s? Best in my time anyway (1998).

Archived