IGNORED

What must LJ do in the next 17 days?

Super

15 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It’s very easy to spend other people’s money isn’t it... 

This ain’t gonna happen

Then perhaps SL might have a think wether owning a Football Club is really what he wants to do.

All he wants now is to build more flats, get the AV housing development approved, and build a new multi-purpose 5000 seat arena (Flyers my arse) along with office and retail space to lease out.

New under-ground multi-story carpark is always a financial winner.

Perhaps it's time Lansdown took his massive profit and left the sport to someone more ambitious in that area.After selling them the brick and mortar assets as well.

Funnily _ I remember when Bristol City FC owned all of that.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As I understand they are giving the players a good rest, only limited training booked in for next week. 

Poor old sausages, how far do they run in a game I wonder? certainly a lot of walking as well, and with a halftime break, ffs I expect most amateur athletes train and run much further.

Rest.... they need a few more trips up and down Weston beach and Brean Down....snowflakes.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, it’s been widely reported that he’s on 23k a week....and we, apparently, paid David James a similar figure 9 years ago...so perhaps we can...

I think you’ll find that’s we are paying him. That is not his total wage.

2 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

Poor old sausages, how far do they run in a game I wonder? certainly a lot of walking as well, and with a halftime break, ffs I expect most amateur athletes train and run much further.

Rest.... they need a few more trips up and down Weston beach and Brean Down....snowflakes.

10-12km, with a larger percentage than ever of that at high intensity.  These players are training pretty much every day, they have training regimes over the close season break too.  Very few professionals don’t take their fitness seriously these days.  I think we could all name one or two over the past few years with City, but the vast majority are super fit.  Also need to factor in mental fatigue.  That may seem like a snowflake thing, but it’s a big consideration.

11 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I suppose the question is then is that in conjunction with our 23k a week?

Nope, City are contributing some or all of it.

Realise that we will finish lower than our position last season (11th) then try to spin it that we have made progress. So I would suggest take up plate spinning, try to find a plan C or D and at least play some entertaining football and give us something to cheer about. The last few games have been turgid.

Archived