IGNORED

Hacked off HOWEVER

REDOXO

Derby and Forest have tough games tonight. Whats the chances we will still be top six tonight.

As a senior supporter I have seen it all in more years I care to remember. I would say this, we are always a better team chasing, so I don’t think we are out of this yet. 

Yes LJ has to have a think but we are a good team when we play how we can!

35 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Couldn't agree more @REDOXO but...........................when we're bad we are bloody awful and the worse thing is that it's usually at home.

This is the case and one of the reasons this place ignites the way it does. 22000 see us play like a pub team 1500 see us play well!

59 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Couldn't agree more @REDOXO but...........................when we're bad we are bloody awful and the worse thing is that it's usually at home.

Good thing we have two incredibly tough away games next vs Sheff Utd and Boro then! Both are games that I would write off but going by this years results, we’ll prob pick points up in.

Stephen Gerrard, manager of Rangers FC.  "We were nowhere near good enough, and let our supporters down"   after last nights defeat against Aberdeen FC.    I know we did not lose......but probably came very close.   Would it not be refreshing now and again for LJ to express himself in a similar manner, as I am certain the supporters would appreciate it?..............Instead of the "Pleased with a point" Bullshirt  A bit of honesty now and again would NOT go amiss?

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Stephen Gerrard, manager of Rangers FC.  "We were nowhere near good enough, and let our supporters down"   after last nights defeat against Aberdeen FC.    I know we did not lose......but probably came very close.   Would it not be refreshing now and again for LJ to express himself in a similar manner, as I am certain the supporters would appreciate it?..............Instead of the "Pleased with a point" Bullshirt  A bit of honesty now and again would NOT go amiss?

Trouble appears to be that LJ is genuinely self deluded

24 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

Good thing we have two incredibly tough away games next vs Sheff Utd and Boro then! Both are games that I would write off but going by this years results, we’ll prob pick points up in.

I feel the same, in fact the recent bad run includes 3 home defeats (if you include the FA Cup) and last nights shambles, but in the away games in the league we lost 3-2 to Norwich which was not a disgrace, and gained a point at Preston, which most thought was impossible as they are the bogiest of bogey teams.  Our away form has been such that we have been going to the likes of Stoke, Forest and Blackburn and almost taking a win for granted, which is an amazing turn around from our away form from early December of last season, when we didn't win a single away game after the win at Bramall Lane.  

Like everyone else, I was not a happy bunny at AG last night, but I suppose that there is a sign of progress in that the team were roundly booed off as we moved back up into the play-offs!

11 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

I feel the same, in fact the recent bad run includes 3 home defeats (if you include the FA Cup) and last nights shambles, but in the away games in the league we lost 3-2 to Norwich which was not a disgrace, and gained a point at Preston, which most thought was impossible as they are the bogiest of bogey teams.  Our away form has been such that we have been going to the likes of Stoke, Forest and Blackburn and almost taking a win for granted, which is an amazing turn around from our away form from early December of last season, when we didn't win a single away game after the win at Bramall Lane.  

Like everyone else, I was not a happy bunny at AG last night, but I suppose that there is a sign of progress in that the team were roundly booed off as we moved back up into the play-offs!

So just maybe the toxic home atmosphere is why we can’t perform there, and are picking up good results away?

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So just maybe the toxic home atmosphere is why we can’t perform there, and are picking up good results away?

Great excuse?..............You don't write LJ's post match scripts by any chance?     The home support is NOT toxic......but our recent first half performances come close?

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The atmosphere does not start toxic at all!

its what happens or usually what does not happen on the field - we know every game some are tired, worrying is the number of players giving up too soon and those just not bothering. We know the moment the team sheet is out, who is out of position, who should,  but won’t compliment who - we are not experts but it’s a supposed expert that’s fobbing us off with this dross.

so some end up booing!

Wow if you go into a restaurant and get half portions undercooked at £35 per person are you not entitled to raise a complaint?

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Great excuse?..............You don't write LJ's post match scripts by any chance?     The home support is NOT toxic......but our recent first half performances come close?

Fans boo’d at half time in our first defeat since a 15 match unbeaten run. 

Its not an excuse. Our home atmosphere has been sh*t. The commentators last night said how nervy it felt, if they can notice it the players definitely can.

i don’t think it’s coincidence we perform much better away than home

13 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Fans boo’d at half time in our first defeat since a 15 match unbeaten run. 

Its not an excuse. Our home atmosphere has been sh*t. The commentators last night said how nervy it felt, if they can notice it the players definitely can.

i don’t think it’s coincidence we perform much better away than home

You have a valid point, the away supporters are determined to have a good time [ it costs enough!!] and we tend to be more tactically astute away from home.  The away fans are also more loyal and tolerant as a whole.   However some of our home performances, despite winning runs,  have been dire, unadventerous and generally tepid.  A home side needs to start on the front foot, show ambition and have a tactical set up that means business.  ie. forwards and goals!!  We are only reaping what we are sowing, a timid and nervous approach produces a nervous crowd, instead of a positive approach which instils fervour.   I am not suggesting a gung ho game plan at every home game,  but c'mon some of our displays at home have been frankly embarassing.  It's a two way street, the crowd encourages the players......the players encourage the crowd.  We need to be much more positive, and this in turn will evoke a positive crowd response!

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

You have a valid point, the away supporters are determined to have a good time [ it costs enough!!] and we tend to be more tactically astute away from home.  The away fans are also more loyal and tolerant as a whole.   However some of our home performances, despite winning runs,  have been dire, unadventerous and generally tepid.  A home side needs to start on the front foot, show ambition and have a tactical set up that means business.  ie. forwards and goals!!  We are only reaping what we are sowing, a timid and nervous approach produces a nervous crowd, instead of a positive approach which instils fervour.   I am not suggesting a gung ho game plan at every home game,  but c'mon some of our displays at home have been frankly embarassing.  It's a two way street, the crowd encourages the players......the players encourage the crowd.  We need to be much more positive, and this in turn will evoke a positive crowd response!

I agree, it’s a bit cat and mouse. The team are looking for support when things aren’t going their way and the crowd are looking for something to inspire them.

the difference is the way I see it, the team / players can’t magically flick a switch and perform. They can turn up with the best intentions of playing well then any number of things can happen and affect that, plus there is an opposing team on the pitch trying to stop them. 

the crowd on the other hand don’t NEED a reason to cheer. They can specifically choose to cheer or support regardless of what happens on the pitch

I also realise that’s incredibly simplistic

It won’t matter if City slip out of the top six tonight. Nothing is won in March. Being in the top six in a months time is when it really will matter.

Personally I’m delighted just to be the running. That was my preseason hope - that we’d be in and around the top six at this stage of the season and we are.........happy days! 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It won’t matter if City slip out of the top six tonight. Nothing is won in March. Being in the top six in a months time is when it really will matter.

Personally I’m delighted just to be the running. That was my preseason hope - that we’d be in and around the top six at this stage of the season and we are.........happy days! 

Yes but it wouldn’t do us any harm either and would put last nights point in a better perspective

your hope was SLs expectation and we are still fulfilling it. 

City v Leeds in the play off final is my prediction. :laugh:!

5 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I said to someone in work today (work in Bracknell so surrounded by depressed Reading fans).....

Well tell the glory hunters they should support Bracknell Town FC.....a fine old club.....formed in 1896 and their badge features a robin stood on a football....hmmmmm, there’s a thought....

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Exactly this...... as for the booing HT against Birmingham it was aimed more at the ref than the team and last night was totally justifiable as we we're absolutely abysmal. It's beyond me and I'm sure most fans how on earth we weren't ready for that last night and that all comes down to mentality. 

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yeah LJ could be more honest but Gerrard is the perfect example of taking it too far. He also digs out his players in public regularly and their fans are already asking if he's doing a decent job, hammering them to the media every five games or so they probably stopped listening a while ago.

13 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Exactly this...... as for the booing HT against Birmingham it was aimed more at the ref than the team and last night was totally justifiable as we we're absolutely abysmal. It's beyond me and I'm sure most fans how on earth we weren't ready for that last night and that all comes down to mentality. 

So you think there's an issue with a weak mentality? Booing certainly wont help that.

Archived