IGNORED

That Video

RedRock

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Or Semenyo at left wing when we have a plethora of wingers?

Good post though.

I think you might have something there. If LJ was pushed to play Semenyo his response was to play him out of position in his favoured formation. Now that makes sense, but it means there could be a struggle somewhere. 

It is all rather strange. At one point I thought we might see 4 academy players in the first team - Kelly (who has had a mixed season, but is one of our regular LB choices), Max who because he hexed the other keepers, Morrell who seemed to be getting the odd game, and then we bring no forward to the club in January and recall Semenyo. 

So with a knackered looking midfield I thought Morrell might get some game time,  Kelly (who has not done to badly in his first real first squad season), Max due to keeper injuries, and Semenyo because all season we have had a forward issue.

Instead we keep playing a knackered midfield, have a one footed forward who does not really suit our "style" , and play a keeper who has not played competitive football for half a year. So it would appear we don;t trust the youngsters as much as we though just a few weeks ago.

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Or Semenyo at left wing when we have a plethora of wingers?

Good post though.

What made that decision even more bizarre, was LJ had openly commented after the PNE game that Semenyo strengths were receiving the ball with his back to goal and using his low centre of gravity and good footwork to turn or keep possession... then he plays him LW with Dasilva at LB who all too often gets caught up field. Queue "accident waiting to happen" which it did. 

As others have said, weird video, I can’t really work out why it was aired and didn’t see it until now. It sent the message of the importance of winning games which was followed by a performance which was probably one of the most unlikely to win a game, ever. 

Semenyo had rave reviews, and rightly so, after his sub performance at Preston. Taylor has changed games totally also as a sub. I’m sure these players are key to what’s at the bottom of this. Semenyo was pretty much set up to fail against Leeds, Taylor got barely a few minutes matchtime and certainly wasn’t himself on Tuesday.

In my experience Managers in all walks of life haven’t got to their position on the whole by being nice, they have to have a ruthless side. I’ve come across a fair few though who have been downright spiteful, jealous and bitter when they see others rise to a level they never reached, whether in their careeer or popularity amongst their peers.

I would imagine being a manager can be quite lonely, only really being encouraged to mix with equals and people higher up the chain, some of which would be after your job or throw you under the bus to save their necks. 

11 hours ago, old_eastender said:

What made that decision even more bizarre, was LJ had openly commented after the PNE game that Semenyo strengths were receiving the ball with his back to goal and using his low centre of gravity and good footwork to turn or keep possession... then he plays him LW with Dasilva at LB who all too often gets caught up field. Queue "accident waiting to happen" which it did. 

That’s not a trait I’ve noticed with JDS.  For the goal JDS was not caught upfield, he was alongside Webster, and Webster was slow to react to Bamfird stealing a yard on him, which he couldn’t recover.  Had Semenyo carried on checking Ayling’s threatening position, we don’t concede.  

24237EA8-CE9D-4036-9CEB-E7EA6FEA9F3A.jpeg

362F10E3-9CF5-4F7B-8AF6-0E36EC78794B.jpeg

B6F40838-229A-4F2E-A8F3-225CCA4C994E.jpeg

D66BD698-2737-4F52-AF65-36C31ACF4ECA.jpeg

Archived