IGNORED

Atmosphere - it is easy to explain...

PFree

Since I started watching City the average age of a fan has gone up considerably, mainly due to the cost factor and this has an effect on the atmosphere. The atmosphere used to be incredible for big games before the seats went in, when I started watching City it was 40p to get into the East End so everybody who wanted to go could, with the seating and extra facilities the cost has gone up to the extent when most younger people can't afford to go unless they've got a good job and older fans (like myself) tend to be quieter while watching the game. Another factor is now the crowds have increased in size there are far more 'occasional' fans who aren't so committed, an example of this was the Leeds game with many people leaving their seats before half time to go to the bars etc.. The same has been happening at other clubs as well, I don't think it's just us.

5 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Since I started watching City the average age of a fan has gone up considerably, mainly due to the cost factor and this has an effect on the atmosphere. The atmosphere used to be incredible for big games before the seats went in, when I started watching City it was 40p to get into the East End so everybody who wanted to go could, with the seating and extra facilities the cost has gone up to the extent when most younger people can't afford to go unless they've got a good job and older fans (like myself) tend to be quieter while watching the game. Another factor is now the crowds have increased in size there are far more 'occasional' fans who aren't so committed, an example of this was the Leeds game with many people leaving their seats before half time to go to the bars etc.. The same has been happening at other clubs as well, I don't think it's just us.

I dont agree i think the younger ones go but its a different world now ..They wear back packs & more interested in food before game than sneaky ciders n playing up .

I agree more n more seem concourse loyal as well , the cost of such great facilities 

Archived