IGNORED

Tonight’s score watch. Completely unofficial!

REDOXO

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I quite fancy Sheffield Wednesday and PNE for the play offs....PNE with their already successful manager who is younger than LJ, has managed less games than LJ yet has two promotions on his CV, including taking Norwich into the premier league - yet some on here still say LJ is ‘inexperienced’.....

Rumour WBA want the Preston manager 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If Villa get into the playoffs they'll win them.

It would be a sweet irony of they qualified for the play offs but missed out because of an ffp points deduction.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, Spurs won in Dortmund, Man Utd won in Paris and now Liverpool have won in Munich - you have to hand it to our top clubs - unbelievable performances.....meanwhile Messi has now scored 35 goals or more in the last ten seasons....speechless....

Always lots of posts on here in recent years saying how overrated the premier league is, especially whenever premier league teams were knocked out of Europe. That same premier league has just beaten the Bundesliga 17-3 over three ties. 

That said, Barcelona and Juventus are still looking very strong in the Champions League this season, and Ajax looked resurgent against Real Madrid last week. Should be some decent quarter final ties.

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough - you’re happy with the borefest we watch every game at the moment I assume....each to their own....

Was going to say. It’s not as though we’re playing like Barcelona at the moment is it! I wish we had the ‘game management’ to go with the style a la Preston tbh. May have a better chance then. We’re just powder puff at the moment but we have been for years tbf. 

5 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Always lots of posts on here in recent years saying how overrated the premier league is, especially whenever premier league teams were knocked out of Europe. That same premier league has just beaten the Bundesliga 17-3 over three ties. 

That said, Barcelona and Juventus are still looking very strong in the Champions League this season, and Ajax looked resurgent against Real Madrid last week. Should be some decent quarter final ties.

7 teams that want Porto! Surely will be at least one all English game.

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

We’re just powder puff at the moment but we have been for years tbf. 

You’re right...I think the last ‘hard man’ midfielder we had was Gary Shelton....I was at the front of the Enclosure for one game, he absolutely cleaned out an opponent into the advertising hoarding in front of me....his victim got up and started mouthing at Gary who simply bellowed in his face ‘F- off, you’re at Ashton Gate now...’ - what a guy, loved Shelts! Reminded me so much of my all time hero - Gerry Gow.... oh for those two in our team again.....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re right...I think the last ‘hard man’ midfielder we had was Gary Shelton....I was at the front of the Enclosure for one game, he absolutely cleaned out an opponent into the advertising hoarding in front of me....his victim got up and started mouthing at Gary who simply bellowed in his face ‘F- off, you’re at Ashton Gate now...’ - what a guy, loved Shelts! Reminded me so much of my all time hero - Gerry Gow.... oh for those two in our team again.....

We’ve never replaced shelts , after all these years . A proper terrier , covered every blade of grass and got the odd goal as well. He was the mutts nuts 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Down to 9 men by half an hour, most of the central midfield gone? ?

Game's changed though, and no mistake.

37 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, Spurs won in Dortmund, Man Utd won in Paris and now Liverpool have won in Munich - you have to hand it to our top clubs - unbelievable performances.....meanwhile Messi has now scored 35 goals or more in the last ten seasons....speechless....

Platini’s FFP rules to stop English dominance, may not have worked.  Ignoring flouting of the rules by his country’s dream team PSG, has meant the likes of Man City and Barcelona etc have just matched it, and there’s nowt they can do about it.  It’s perverse, but can be hypocritical!

31 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It would be a sweet irony of they qualified for the play offs but missed out because of an ffp points deduction.

With Rotherham’s win away tonight, Brum just 2 points above relegation zone when they lose their 12 points!!! ?

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play to Villa though - five derbies in a row:

Villa 0 WBA 2

Stoke 1 Villa 1

Villa 4 Derby 0

Birmingham 0 Villa 1

Forest 1 Villa 3

I reckon they’d have been happy with 10 points from that emotionally-charged run at this stage....especially as three were away from home...

Would hardly call villa v derby or stoke or notts forest ‘derbies’

5 tough games though and they’ve come through them relatively unscathed, can see them being above us at the end of the season 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Would hardly call villa v derby or stoke or notts forest ‘derbies’

5 tough games though and they’ve come through them relatively unscathed, can see them being above us at the end of the season 

Surely Derby is? ?

Archived