IGNORED

What Is Going On? Hypothetical Questions

Davefevs

Events on the pitch and off the pitch and rumours in between perhaps starting to show a disconnect through the hierarchy.  Not one for believing rumours per se, but of course there will be the “no smoke without fire” thoughts going round.

A few things for context - you decide how true, how significant.  You decide whether are linkage between them.  I’m not stirring (honestly), I’m heading to a conclusion / question...just need a bit of patience:

• No striker signing in the window despite us in the hunt for a couple, but rivals do business
  • Semenyo return from Newport loan amid rumours of 1) Chelsea bids, 2) SL wants him back 3) LJ wants him back 4) club want him back under the radar, etc
  • LJ quick to point out that clubs have shown interest in him during online fans forum
  • Playing certain players regardless of form / fatigue levels
  • Playing players for one game and then dropping them
  • Players falling down the pecking order, e.g. Taylor, Eliasson, Pisano at different times
  • LJ and Macca arguing big time last night
  • Mark Ashton’s video last night
  • LJ’s interviews increasingly sound pressured when he has been so on top of things of late 
  • etc (there are probably lots of other things magnified in a 6 game run without a win)

Ok, scene set.

Most of you know I’ve been critical of LJ over a long while, but have been much more content of late.  Believe it or not, 6 games without a win, I’m still content.  We are 7th with a game in hand.  The 15 game unbeaten run has levelled out, we are in a great position....still.  So yeah, I’m still happy - a bit worried about form obviously, but realistic.

What if I asked - is LJ’s time running out?

What if I asked - is LJ being undermined from above (MA and / or SL)?

Has LJ worked out that this job is not what he thought it was...and that’s why his time us running out?

So you may’ve Thought I was heading towards an LJ bashing....but I'm not....i’m asking has he recognised his naivety?

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

All seems to point back to why coppell walked so quickly. 

Does SL Undermine the manager by sticking his nose into footballing affairs ? 

If you ever happen to bump in to Cotts I suggest you ask him for his thoughts on this.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Events on the pitch and off the pitch and rumours in between perhaps starting to show a disconnect through the hierarchy.  Not one for believing rumours per se, but of course there will be the “no smoke without fire” thoughts going round.

A few things for context - you decide how true, how significant.  You decide whether are linkage between them.  I’m not stirring (honestly), I’m heading to a conclusion / question...just need a bit of patience:

• No striker signing in the window despite us in the hunt for a couple, but rivals do business
  • Semenyo return from Newport loan amid rumours of 1) Chelsea bids, 2) SL wants him back 3) LJ wants him back 4) club want him back under the radar, etc
  • LJ quick to point out that clubs have shown interest in him during online fans forum
  • Playing certain players regardless of form / fatigue levels
  • Playing players for one game and then dropping them
  • Players falling down the pecking order, e.g. Taylor, Eliasson, Pisano at different times
  • LJ and Macca arguing big time last night
  • Mark Ashton’s video last night
  • LJ’s interviews increasingly sound pressured when he has been so on top of things of late 
  • etc (there are probably lots of other things magnified in a 6 game run without a win)

Ok, scene set.

Most of you know I’ve been critical of LJ over a long while, but have been much more content of late.  Believe it or not, 6 games without a win, I’m still content.  We are 7th with a game in hand.  The 15 game unbeaten run has levelled out, we are in a great position....still.  So yeah, I’m still happy - a bit worried about form obviously, but realistic.

What if I asked - is LJ’s time running out?

What if I asked - is LJ being undermined from above (MA and / or SL)?

Has LJ worked out that this job is not what he thought it was...and that’s why his time us running out?

So you may’ve Thought I was heading towards an LJ bashing....but I'm not....i’m asking has he recognised his naivety?

This is ....the story of two families- the Johnsons and the Lansdowns where in the last episode Mark Ashton was about to commit suicide but killed Magnússon instead. Meanwhile, Jon wanted his Dad's money but ended up with a draw and Lee wanted a better season than his Dad and ended up less successful than Torquay.

Confused..... you will be.

This is another episode of SOAP:  BCFC SOAP.

( one for the oldies)

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

This is ....the story of two families- the Johnsons and the Lansdowns where in the last episode Mark Ashton was about to commit suicide but killed Magnússon instead. Meanwhile, Jon wanted his Dad's money but ended up with a draw and Lee wanted a better season than his Dad and ended up less successful than Torquay.

Confused..... you will be.

This is another episode of SOAP:  BCFC SOAP.

( one for the oldies)

Who killed HM? 

Sounds a bit like Dallas

Sounds Pemboesque. 

Neither Pembo or Macalister have to answer directly to SL. LJ does that for them. However having seen this sort of thing before in business, the adage shit rolls down hill will apply. JM is now on days to do for a public spat with LJ  and I don’t remember Pembo going that far. 

As for all the other stuff earlier re conspiracy theories and Chairman interference in team selection etc I don’t see it. I do see SL telling LJ what he wants and LJ having to comply but from a business perspective not team management.  Shit rolling down hill again. Macalister has no idea what SL says to LJ but it’s clear LJ needs to do something soon with results or have Macalister paid off. It worked last time!

CAN SOMEONE POST A LINK TO THIS ASHTON THING? Thanks RO

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Sounds Pemboesque. 

Neither Pembo or Macalister have to answer directly to SL. LJ does that for them. However having seen this sort of thing before in business, the adage shit rolls down hill will apply. JM is now on days to do for a public spat with LJ  and I don’t remember Pembo going that far. 

As for all the other stuff earlier re conspiracy theories and Chairman interference in team selection etc I don’t see it. I do see SL telling LJ what he wants and LJ having to comply but from a business perspective not team management.  Shit rolling down hill again. Macalister has no idea what SL says to LJ but it’s clear LJ needs to do something soon with results or have Macalister paid off. It worked last time!

CAN SOMEONE POST A LINK TO THIS ASHTON THING? Thanks RO

it's on That video thread. Quite a strange interview with MA

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Who killed HM? 

Sounds a bit like Dallas

Hopefully when the next series (aka season) starts it begins with Cotts (aka Bobby) waking up and we find his sacking and the entire LJ/MA era was a dream and Cotts carries on from where we were - completes the signings of McGuire and Grey- and we go onwards and upwards with our winning 3-5-2 formation storming the league!  The only distraction from our winning ways is the mystery of who shot RR - spoiler= nearly everyone had a motive for shutting him up.......permanently!

Jeez..........:disapointed2se: this thread.........:facepalm:

Full wild speculation and conjecture that adds up to bugger all.

So LJ and Macca had a spate - so what? Surely that’s a sign of respect between them? Doesn’t anybody argue with their manager? I know I did.....and I had a long and successful career. It means nothing.....other than they disagree on on maybe tactics and/or substitutions.........:dunno:

Im delighted they had a disagreement! 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeez..........:disapointed2se: this thread.........:facepalm:

Full wild speculation and conjecture that adds up to bugger all.

So LJ and Macca had a spate - so what? Surely that’s a sign of respect between them? Doesn’t anybody argue with their manager? I know I did.....and I had a long and successful career. It means nothing.....other than they disagree on on maybe tactics and/or substitutions.........:dunno:

Im delighted they had a disagreement! 

What's a spate ?

JM and LJ do get on ....fact      They won’t agree on everything, who does?  I run a football team with my mate and we had a row last week about formations and team selection, it doesn’t mean that I don’t get on with him , far from it.  

Having said that I did notice the players barking back at LJ when he had a go at them on Saturday which I haven’t seen before ( pack and Webster )

2 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

JM and LJ do get on ....fact      They won’t agree on everything, who does?  I run a football team with my mate and we had a row last week about formations and team selection, it doesn’t mean that I don’t get on with him , far from it.  

Having said that I did notice the players barking back at LJ when he had a go at them on Saturday which I haven’t seen before ( pack and Webster )

Webster again last night too.

I would hope that players  and coaches were having a go at each other.

If any of them were happy with  that performance then we really would be in the brown stuff.

They should be feeling pressure because they are playing at the top end of the championship and had put themselves n a position to have a real go for the play offs. The last month has seen us fall away, and put in some woeful performances. If there has not been pressure ( SL on LJ, LJ on his coaching team and the players) then we don't deserve to be here.

8 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I’m wondering if LJ calling out o dowda after the Norwich game had a negative impact between LJ and the rest of the dressing room 

Possibly, but think Taylor being behind Semenyo would be an unpopular decision in the dressing room both Preston and Leeds.  From the times I've seen the squad together, he is the one who creates the fun environment.  He appears to be generally liked by all.

Archived