IGNORED

What Is Going On? Hypothetical Questions

Davefevs

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly, but think Taylor being behind Semenyo would be an unpopular decision in the dressing room both Preston and Leeds.  From the times I've seen the squad together, he is the one who creates the fun environment.  He appears to be generally liked by all.

McAllister very beered up with Taylor at Cheltenham today.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Events on the pitch and off the pitch and rumours in between perhaps starting to show a disconnect through the hierarchy.  Not one for believing rumours per se, but of course there will be the “no smoke without fire” thoughts going round.

A few things for context - you decide how true, how significant.  You decide whether are linkage between them.  I’m not stirring (honestly), I’m heading to a conclusion / question...just need a bit of patience:

• No striker signing in the window despite us in the hunt for a couple, but rivals do business
  • Semenyo return from Newport loan amid rumours of 1) Chelsea bids, 2) SL wants him back 3) LJ wants him back 4) club want him back under the radar, etc
  • LJ quick to point out that clubs have shown interest in him during online fans forum
  • Playing certain players regardless of form / fatigue levels
  • Playing players for one game and then dropping them
  • Players falling down the pecking order, e.g. Taylor, Eliasson, Pisano at different times
  • LJ and Macca arguing big time last night
  • Mark Ashton’s video last night
  • LJ’s interviews increasingly sound pressured when he has been so on top of things of late 
  • etc (there are probably lots of other things magnified in a 6 game run without a win)

Ok, scene set.

Most of you know I’ve been critical of LJ over a long while, but have been much more content of late.  Believe it or not, 6 games without a win, I’m still content.  We are 7th with a game in hand.  The 15 game unbeaten run has levelled out, we are in a great position....still.  So yeah, I’m still happy - a bit worried about form obviously, but realistic.

What if I asked - is LJ’s time running out?

What if I asked - is LJ being undermined from above (MA and / or SL)?

Has LJ worked out that this job is not what he thought it was...and that’s why his time us running out?

So you may’ve Thought I was heading towards an LJ bashing....but I'm not....i’m asking has he recognised his naivety?

I’ve said on here before the senior management team were not impressed at all with how January went, and it’s not nonsensical rumours it’s come from one of them.

Not sure I believe the supposed face-to-face confrontation, sure more people would have noticed it. 

Johnson doesn’t have a quick fix when things start to go wrong, I don’t blame any fans who are fed up with it.

16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

One of my mates saw Taylor and had a picture with him and said he was leathered. :laugh:

32 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I’ve said on here before the senior management team were not impressed at all with how January went, and it’s not nonsensical rumours it’s come from one of them.

Not sure I believe the supposed face-to-face confrontation, sure more people would have noticed it. 

Johnson doesn’t have a quick fix when things start to go wrong, I don’t blame any fans who are fed up with it.

One of my mates saw Taylor and had a picture with him and said he was leathered. :laugh:

They definitely squared off and we’re screaming in eachothers faces. I sit right next to the dugout and it 100% happened. As Palmer & Owdoda were coming on. Lasted about 15 seconds, macca stormed back to his seat and neither of them spoke to each other after it. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Events on the pitch and off the pitch and rumours in between perhaps starting to show a disconnect through the hierarchy.  Not one for believing rumours per se, but of course there will be the “no smoke without fire” thoughts going round.

A few things for context - you decide how true, how significant.  You decide whether are linkage between them.  I’m not stirring (honestly), I’m heading to a conclusion / question...just need a bit of patience:

• No striker signing in the window despite us in the hunt for a couple, but rivals do business
  • Semenyo return from Newport loan amid rumours of 1) Chelsea bids, 2) SL wants him back 3) LJ wants him back 4) club want him back under the radar, etc
  • LJ quick to point out that clubs have shown interest in him during online fans forum
  • Players falling down the pecking order, e.g. Taylor, Eliasson, Pisano at different times
  • LJ’s interviews increasingly sound pressured when he has been so on top of things of late 
  • etc (there are probably lots of other things magnified in a 6 game run without a win)

Ok, scene set.

Most of you know I’ve been critical of LJ over a long while, but have been much more content of late.  Believe it or not, 6 games without a win, I’m still content.  We are 7th with a game in hand.  The 15 game unbeaten run has levelled out, we are in a great position....still.  So yeah, I’m still happy - a bit worried about form obviously, but realistic.

Has LJ worked out that this job is not what he thought it was...and that’s why his time us running out?

So you may’ve Thought I was heading towards an LJ bashing....but I'm not....i’m asking has he recognised his naivety?

I’m thinking that you are spending too much time over-thinking...enjoy the next 16 days.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ok, scene set.

Meh.

i think 18 days off is needed by all of us

We all know what the problem is, we wont spend big to achieve the dream. We always try and do it on the cheap this must really get LJ down.  If we had brought Tammy Abraham back in the summer (it was reported that he would loved to have come back) then i honestly think we would have been comfortably top 3. Sometimes you need to splash the cash and Tammy wouldn't have been a risk as we know his DNA is right for the club as MA would say, he loves the club, the fans love him and he will get you 20 to 30 goals a season.

No Brainer really

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

WHAT ? and they have a match in 16 days ! 

:disapointed2se:

Joking aside we all know that alcohol isn’t conducive to top athletic performances however if there is too much stress perhaps letting their hair down and getting bladdered can help to get the head straight for the huge task ahead.

They will have the time to get it out of their systems.

27 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Is he trying to get him fired? :fear:

I hear Leeds are interested in Taylor .

:yes:

I believe that SL is a decent bloke with the best interests of BCFC at heart however I firmly believe that he is profoundly too ‘safety first ‘ to make the necessary decisions that could elevate the club to the highest level.

I believe that LJ is very frustrated that for the second consecutive season he has got us into a very good position to get promoted and each time he hasn’t got what he needed to achieve his goal .

LJ builds up the house of cards and the draft from the transfer window opened by the owner blows them all down.

Will LJ walk ?

Dya know, it wouldn’t surprise me if he left in the summer . 

Would WBA interest him ? Damn right it would. They believe that they should be in the Prem and know what is needed.

Meanwhile at Ashton Gate , Jamie Mac will be promoted to head coach with Skuse coming in as assistant.

Nice ‘ n safe for Uncle Steve who will sanction the buys of more ‘ not quite good enough ‘ players and rinse and repeat.

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe that SL is a decent bloke with the best interests of BCFC at heart however I firmly believe that he is profoundly too ‘safety first ‘ to make the necessary decisions that could elevate the club to the highest level.

I believe that LJ is very frustrated that for the second consecutive season he has got us into a very good position to get promoted and each time he hasn’t got what he needed to achieve his goal .

LJ builds up the house of cards and the draft from the transfer window opened by the owner blows them all down.

Will LJ walk ?

Would WBA interest him ? Damn right it would. They believe that they should be in the Prem and know what is needed.

Meanwhile at Ashton Gate , Jamie Mac will be promoted to head coach with Skuse coming in as assistant.

Nice ‘ n safe for Uncle Steve who will sanction the buys of more ‘ not quite good enough ‘ players and rinse and repeat.

All good, except I can imagine Jamie Mac toeing the line less than LJ! 

Anyway I thought WBA were after the Preston boss.

10 hours ago, DownendRed97 said:

I think LJ is definitely feeling the pressure now after SL said he wants play offs this year (he said this before Christmas and before the unbeaten run). I think he’s panicking a bit and running out of options, but hopefully this break will settle things down again.

I wasn't aware that SL said that but if he did then he's asking a lot of this squad and it certainly should have resulted in funding for a striker.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Will LJ walk ?

We have a winner!

It would not surprise me in the slightest if LJ leaves this summer as I have mentioned previously.

I think he is getting to the point where ‘now’ is more important than the ‘future’ - failure to agree to back him in the summer could definitely see his departure.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

We have a winner!

It would not surprise me in the slightest if LJ leaves this summer as I have mentioned previously.

I think he is getting to the point where ‘now’ is more important than the ‘future’ - failure to agree to back him in the summer could definitely see his departure.

Please stop building up my hopes that Johnson leaves City before I die!

23 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

You just don’t get it do you?

LJ will be going nowhere this summer - unless he’s sacked and that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

SL appointed LJ to introduce and develop his strategy of sustainability and stability and to show signs of improvement season on season. Sustainability means selling our better players as we saw last summer.

LJ was 100% aware of what restrictions he’d be working under when he took the job. No way will he go to SL and ask him to fund top quality Championship players. Thats what Cotterell did and that cost him his job.

Ultimately the PL is the number one target but quite rightly SL refuses to buy promotion as other clubs have. LJ is Head Coach to develop a squad capable of reaching the PL with as many home grown players as possible. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ will be going nowhere this summer - unless he’s sacked and that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

SL appointed LJ to introduce and develop his strategy of sustainability and stability and to show signs of improvement season on season. Sustainability means selling our better players as we saw last summer.

LJ was 100% aware of what restrictions he’d be working under when he took the job. No way will he go to SL and ask him to fund top quality Championship players. Thats what Cotterell did and that cost him his job.

Ultimately the PL is the number one target but quite rightly SL refuses to buy promotion as other clubs have. LJ is Head Coach to develop a squad capable of reaching the PL with as many home grown players as possible. 

Yes, but LJ is still entitled to change his mind.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Will LJ walk ?

Dya know, it wouldn’t surprise me if he left in the summer ....

Cole Skuse has recently sold his house in Ipswich

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Except that it’s well documented that LJ DID. go to SL to ask him to fund a top quality striker and he got an academy product recalled.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Except that it’s well documented that LJ DID. go to SL to ask him to fund a top quality striker and he got an academy product recalled.

‘Well documented?’  

Where did you read that Major?        :dunno:

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

He may leave the way his dad did, the old "mutual consent". David Wagner could work to the same constraints and would have learned a lot this year.

Wagner would also be able to tap into the German market much more readily than LJ, as it's what he knows.

Not that I am advocating a managerial change but if LJ got snapped up? We could certainly do much worse.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wagner would also be able to tap into the German market much more readily than LJ, as it's what he knows.

Not that I am advocating a managerial change but if LJ got snapped up? We could certainly do much worse.

Available with no compensation. I'd love to see him here.  If the vacancy arises.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Will LJ walk ?

I'm heartened. The Major saying everything I believe.

SL - the dead hand of control over his plaything - Cue Robborod. He's had a long and distinguished career you know. Pompous or what?

Archived