IGNORED

England V Poland U21 (Merged)

Nick Wilde

Love how Kelly just strokes the ball FORWARD with his first or second touch. Very elegant player and great strength for that chase back.

Now Lloyd 100% concentration in the second half and be careful not to wander into the left back position!

One rule for club and one rule for country!!! If this was a club game be it city or any other the old bill would be wading in.im all for it as long as no one gets hurt but Julie h and the rest of them wont be interested in this.yet swear at a city game and your thrown out and even arrested! Avon and Somerset police clueless and only go after easy targets

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

25k is absolutely incredible. It just shows that this City could easily support a premier League team. 

I don’t think the 2 are really very related, but it’s definitely a superb attendance. 

Just had a cursory glance at the home attendances for the past few years. This looks to be the largest for a while. Probably buoyed by a large Polish contingent but still, very good.

Last attendance that is larger than tonight that I can see is 30,178 for a game v Germany in March 2015, held in Middlesbrough.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

One of the best ever U21 attendances, and people think we wouldnt sell out in the PL

It’s got no relation to if we were in the PL though. Although I’ve never heard anyone say that we wouldn’t sell out most games there either. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Baker must leave in the summer to make space for Kelly if he's sticking around. Not signing Kalas wouldn't be too bad if Kelly can fill in alongside Webster imo.

Certainly given me a bit more confidence in him. Every credit to him for putting out a performance like that when he can barely play a half for his club at times. He does seem better as a CB, which I think he has said is his preferred position. Just tough on him this year when he is trying to break through and rightly can’t break the Webster/Kalas partnership. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

@JulieH are you going to do anything about the polish letting off pyros? Yet to see any police go and sort it out. In this day and age do you know how terrifying it is to hear loud bangs go off in a football stadium?

Yes we have detained and are dealing with a Polish Male who threw it on the pitch 

Good game. Cracking atmosphere. So nice to hear fans all around the ground joining in with the songs.

Such a shame we cannot have this at a normal game but that would mean waking the dead on both sides.

So looking forward to next season now I have moved to the South Stand - gave up a cracking seat in the lower dolman but could no longer endure the library block I was sat in.

Shame on you E31 !! ?

Enjoyable game. England’s players had really good technique but were just lacking that cutting edge. Poland defended well (very compact) and looked dangerous on the break. Great free kick for the equaliser.

Kelly looked accomplished. Dasilva was more subdued, but did put in a superb through ball in the second half to create a chance. 

It was good to see a big crowd, although lots of people got there very late (some of them getting to their seats 15-20 mins after kick off). There was lots of activity in the Atyeo where most of the Poland fans were (mainly pyros) and it even looked like one of them got onto the pitch after the final whistle to try to steal the corner flag!

Really enjoyed the game - it went by so quickly. Mind you, I am used to clinging on most times I'm at the Gate, so it's a pleasant change.  ;)

Two good teams playing some high speed and skilled football (again, perhaps a marked change to the norm) made for a great occasion. Okay, it was a friendly and not a proper qualifier, but the passion was clearly on show from all the players. Well worth being there tonight.

I hope (assume) that the FA suits are impressed and will look kindly on another such night for our Lions.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

It shows if there was top level football Thur City would support it. 

I think we already know that. Although I don’t really see the proof of it from tonight’s match. 

Cheap tickets, family focused, large Polish contingent, one off occasion match etc. 

It doesent correlate to if we were in the Premier league at all. Not that I disagree that the city would support it, I just don’t see tonight as any kind of relevant proof of it. 

Really enjoyed tonight’s game, as did Joe and my dad who remembers seeing Chris Garland play for Eng u21/23s (?).

Watched the first half in A8, then saw that our usual area was open and pretty empty so went upstairs for the second half.  Thought the pace was quick from pitch level, and to be fair it was from high up too.  Good, quick, technical skills on both sides.

Really liked Dowell in CM, and Tomori at CB.

Kelly did very well against a very tidy and physical striker, but Tomori the pick of the 2.  Dasilva neat and tidy, and okay a couple of great balls across the 6 yard box.  Though Kenny on the other flank was not adventurous enough.  Stunning free-kick equaliser from Poland though.

Great support from Bristol, even a few Villa fans singing oh, Tammy, Tammy outside at the end.0CDF77F4-7214-4E1E-9401-7727F5578258.thumb.jpeg.257d6be9433bbc3451646808a41452f6.jpeg

red n white

BD0A5C98-19D2-456E-AF6A-8299CE362F06.thumb.jpeg.5c4e9345e3f1665e1717a481260b8e65.jpeg

Gordon Banks 

E05BFB6F-5248-4553-9D41-8ED41BED56C8.thumb.jpeg.0986e1f4dd60e344ad16d1e7a3d57954.jpeg

1-0 Calvert-Lewin 

788CCE81-7110-4ABF-829A-0953BF088CEF.thumb.jpeg.782fc1548f09596fc736ce780efc81c8.jpeg

Reiss almost makes it 2-0

D31256D1-9214-49AC-A6C4-952FE1FEA611.thumb.jpeg.248fa8bbdc3ee93de23b4c73115d0c9b.jpeg

3F336AF1-DD13-43CF-9A90-A4164DF16754.thumb.jpeg.4a83a5b74b51d028ce7e8a1929813afd.jpeg

Archived