IGNORED

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

RedM

Yay for the Chemical Brothers. 

Boo for no Orbital (yet)

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Very happy that The Killers have just been announced as Saturday Headliners. Chemical Brothers are good for me too. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-festival-2019-line-up-so-far/

Also announced to Headline, The Cure, not for me

Might have a nasty clash then if you want to watch the Killers and TCB as think they'll both be Sat night.

34 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yay for the Chemical Brothers. 

Boo for no Orbital (yet)

Might have a nasty clash then if you want to watch the Killers and TCB as think they'll both be Sat night.

Yup, that’s my fear, I think you are right as that would be my guess too. But I would be happy with three years in a row seeing The Killers at three different venues, got to be done

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

As long as it's not like the Wednesday of 2017.

**** me that was unbearable.

We were held at Castle Cary station with no shade for over 2 hours. Must admit the station staff were great though in handing out free water. Unbearable conditions for trying to put a tent up, think it was the hottest day of the year. They opened up the big tents like John Peel days early just so people could get some shade, me, well I went Salsa dancing? ?. Glasto must have given out thousands of free hats too telling people to cover up

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

We were held at Castle Cary station with no shade for over 2 hours. Must admit the station staff were great though in handing out free water. Unbearable conditions for trying to put a tent up, think it was the hottest day of the year. They opened up the big tents like John Peel days early just so people could get some shade, me, well I went Salsa dancing? ?. Glasto must have given out thousands of free hats too telling people to cover up

I don't remember it being open! I fell asleep outside the John Peel tent in the only bit of shade I could find. You often want to stay as fresh as possible at Glasto but that first day made me disgusting within hours :laugh:. Genuinely think I had sunstroke as it knackered me for the weekend!

Weirdly, slightly cloudy but dry is kind of the perfect scenario.

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I don't remember it being open! I fell asleep outside the John Peel tent in the only bit of shade I could find. You often want to stay as fresh as possible at Glasto but that first day made me disgusting within hours :laugh:. Genuinely think I had sunstroke as it knackered me for the weekend!

Weirdly, slightly cloudy but dry is kind of the perfect scenario.

I’m pretty sure they announced it was open but didn’t go there myself. Yes I’ve either been burnt to a cinder or soaked through, mostly soaked through and haven’t seen much ideal weather. I’m going by coach this year, unfortunately not until Thursday so at least will avoid the Castle Carey changeover.

53 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

As long as it's not like the Wednesday of 2017.

**** me that was unbearable.

Last year would have been insane given the weather we had.   Give me something like 2013 which was pretty much all dry with little mud but not too hot.

I'll see y'all at the Cider Bus on Wednesday afternoon. 

22 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Chemical brothers, tame impala, idles, Rex Orange County, the streets, Sam Fender probably the ones that stick out. 

Hopefully foals get announced. See you in shangri la at 4 in the morning. 

Not doing a season end podcast at 4am I hope. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’m pretty sure they announced it was open but didn’t go there myself. Yes I’ve either been burnt to a cinder or soaked through, mostly soaked through and haven’t seen much ideal weather. I’m going by coach this year, unfortunately not until Thursday so at least will avoid the Castle Carey changeover.

Don't forget your Wurthers Originals if you're going on Coach One!  :) 

27 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

That's on the john peel stage at 10

Could you not arrange a discussion in the left field tent about who's better - DaSilva or Kelly? 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Yup, that’s my fear, I think you are right as that would be my guess too. But I would be happy with three years in a row seeing The Killers at three different venues, got to be done

Lot of talk the Chems doing Sunday night.  That's a bit of a bugger for me as I like to leave at about 9 on Sunday and beat the traffic.  I guess as long as I'm all packed up in the car I can just walk off the other stage field and straight out of gate D

They did Sunday night last time they were there. Do people tend to get the same slots another time, Glasto doesn’t strike me as doing that,  I would think they would get something different? 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

They did Sunday night last time they were there. Do people tend to get the same slots another time, Glasto doesn’t strike me as doing that,  I would think they would get something different? 

Did the Saturday on 2011 as firmly one of my favourite sets of all time.  I think they did Sat on Pyramid in 2007/8 whenever it was they headlined.  I'm wondering if they're stepping in for Prodigy or someone else is. 

More of this pls. 

On 15/03/2019 at 14:36, TomF said:

Did the Saturday on 2011 as firmly one of my favourite sets of all time.  I think they did Sat on Pyramid in 2007/8 whenever it was they headlined.  I'm wondering if they're stepping in for Prodigy or someone else is. 

More of this pls. 

My lovely horse.

I reckon they’ve forgotten the words .

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:48, TomF said:

Last year would have been insane given the weather we had.   Give me something like 2013 which was pretty much all dry with little mud but not too hot.

I'll see y'all at the Cider Bus on Wednesday afternoon. 

A different Cider Bus this year (although catching the "other bus" is very Glasto)

https://www.nme.com/festivals/glastonbury-2019/glastonbury-change-cider-provider-for-first-time-in-five-years-2468392

11 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

A different Cider Bus this year (although catching the "other bus" is very Glasto)

https://www.nme.com/festivals/glastonbury-2019/glastonbury-change-cider-provider-for-first-time-in-five-years-2468392

The cider bus will still be there thou, its an instituion. Burrow Hill Cider. 3 for £10 usually leaves me in a very sorry state come Weds evening!

somerset-cider-bus.jpg?w968h681 

• Admin
1 hour ago, TomF said:

The cider bus will still be there thou, its an instituion. Burrow Hill Cider. 3 for £10 usually leaves me in a very sorry state come Weds evening!

somerset-cider-bus.jpg?w968h681 

Have been the victim of many a fine drink from this bus, can remember sat drinking in an empty field then coming round hours later surrounded by people singing along to Olivers army by Elvis Costello

2 hours ago, winterbournered said:

So, with the balance payment due in a couple of days, I was wondering if any of you are giving up your ticket! Got mine but do have a couple of mates who will be trying in the re-sale. 

Also, anyone else going to be trying their luck in the re-sale? 

It’s the only bill I’m happy to pay each year ?

No way mine are going back in or any of group of 20 I tend to camp with, even tho the lineup was a bit underwhelming for my personal taste.

i do feel there could be more going back in the pot than normal though. Headliners look pretty weak comparative to what people might expect, plus quite a lack of conventional ‘indy’ bands on that first poster. I could see it turning a few people off, especially those who haven’t been before and have tickets for the first time.

the resale has been been getting harder and harder in recent years, we are hoping to try and get 4 more aswell but not overly confident.

winterbournered will your mates be willing to jump on a coach package ticket if it gets them a chance of going? Think they go on sale wed/thurs before the main resale 

4 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Ahhh bro, those were fence jumping times! ? 

Haha! I actually got a free ticket from a mate that was working there so I didn’t need to jump over the fence.

Which I’m actually upset by, fence jumping/tunnelling is a much better story.

Archived