IGNORED

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

RedM

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Who's everyone planning on seeing now that the entire line-up is out?

Still the Chems. Gutted Orbital hasn’t materialised 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Still the Chems. Gutted Orbital hasn’t materialised 

The saturday is gonna be a bit hectic, Chems then a few great late DJs at the gas tower.

Foals were the band I was hoping most for and I'm worried they're going to appear at a secret set without me being there. 

Few good upcoming artists I'm excited to see. Slowthai and Octavian two of them.

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

The saturday is gonna be a bit hectic, Chems then a few great late DJs at the gas tower.

Foals were the band I was hoping most for and I'm worried they're going to appear at a secret set without me being there. 

Few good upcoming artists I'm excited to see. Slowthai and Octavian two of them.

I think LG on pyramid, over for the Chems then either Fatboy Slim at the Glade (although that will be rammed) or possibly the TBA on Pangea 

Friday looks pretty barren for me. Reckon I will watch idles , then prob tame impala later. Pretty poor options across the board tho. Might check out south east corner in evening 

Reckon the 6.15 park tba on sat will be something decent (foals?), so prob watch that then amble down the hill to watch Chems, over to Pangea afterwards

Saturday might watch Kylie, then catch bootleg Beatles, vampire weekend and the cure. Not sure I need 2 hours of cure tho ha, so maybe watch first half then check out Janelle Monae or even Streets 

few bits and bobs earlier on but not much. Might try and check out circus fields a bit more in day time 

I’m not finding good options either. Certainly The Killers are a must for me, just knew they would clash with The Chems. Kylie and Gerry Cinnemon  for the lol’s but other than that my weekend won’t be as filled as it usually is. I intend to just chill and play it by ear a bit more than normal.

So Fleetwood Mac slipped into conversation last night at Wembley that they'll be doing a rainy festival sometime very soon.  2020 ticket fight is going to be horrible with the potential of Macca, FM and Madge. 

Ready for next Weds thou? 

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I rarely watch the bands on the Pyramid Stage. For me the festival is all the rest of the fields and seeing someone you've never heard of but who turns out to be brilliant in a little tent somewhere.

100% this. I've been loads of times but only ever seen 2 headliners - it makes me cringe when I see people saying they're glad they're not going because the lineup looks rubbish or something similar. It's about so much more than that.

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I rarely watch the bands on the Pyramid Stage. For me the festival is all the rest of the fields and seeing someone you've never heard of but who turns out to be brilliant in a little tent somewhere.

Absolutely and probably more so this year with by all account a weak line up on the main stages. Really only the chemical bro’s that are must see on them.  I always used to love Biggles war time band on the bandstand up at Crossiant Neuf - one of many Wednesday/Thursday finds when wondering 

Really minor thing but I noticed somewhere the Insect Circus seems to be back this year. I have never seen the show but the museum is one of the most ingeniously creative things I have ever seen. Well worth sticking your head in if you pass it by. Generally speaking, my aim this year is to see a bit more theatre, circus and cabaret than I usually do as well as the music, especially as the Friday is a relatively quiet day for bands I desperately want to watch.

Music-wise, Saturday afternoon and evening is when I am really excited about this year - Stella Donnelly, Jimothy Lacoste, Ibibio Sound Machine and Hot Chip will all be ace. 

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Definitely this. I saw some great stuff two years ago but stumbling across Mik Artistic in a tiny venue on the Thursday was probably the most fun I had all weekend.

I can't wait now and I'm sat counting down the minutes. It's my sixth Glasto and I'm staying in Worthy view as one of the girls in the group pushed hard for it. Has anyone tried this and what are the showers like? I've never showered at a festival before but now that I have the option, I may as well partake! 

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I can't wait now and I'm sat counting down the minutes. It's my sixth Glasto and I'm staying in Worthy view as one of the girls in the group pushed hard for it. Has anyone tried this and what are the showers like? I've never showered at a festival before but now that I have the option, I may as well partake! 

There are parts where it honestly isn't that bad, but equally the big drop toilets are an experience (especially if it gets really warm)

There are hot showers, there are ice cold showers. Flushable loos and a grotty hole in the ground.

Hate to say it all adds to the experience and looking back the better years were the ones where there was torrential rain!

Can remember waking up to a thunder storm one year, with a tricking sound, I thought someone was peeing against my tent, turned out there was a river flowing past the tent, and on further inspection numerous tents / items / people were floating around the bottom of the hill

1 minute ago, phantom said:

There are parts where it honestly isn't that bad, but equally the big drop toilets are an experience (especially if it gets really warm)

There are hot showers, there are ice cold showers. Flushable loos and a grotty hole in the ground.

Hate to say it all adds to the experience and looking back the better years were the ones where there was torrential rain!

Can remember waking up to a thunder storm one year, with a tricking sound, I thought someone was peeing against my tent, turned out there was a river flowing past the tent, and on further inspection numerous tents / items / people were floating around the bottom of the hill

I've been 5 times before but never had the Worthy View experience. I've always loved the atmosphere and convenience of Oxlyers where we've always camped but I'm a little apprehensive of the distance between WV and the rest of the festival. I'm sure it will be alright though! 

5 hours ago, Coppello said:

I've been 5 times before but never had the Worthy View experience. I've always loved the atmosphere and convenience of Oxlyers where we've always camped but I'm a little apprehensive of the distance between WV and the rest of the festival. I'm sure it will be alright though! 

A lot of people say the walk up the hill is a bit tough but otherwise ok.

The weather forcasts really are all over the shop for next week, not really going to know till the weekend coming if not later.  Could be a muddy one.

I think it will be muddy, MrRedM has been down there a few times for work ( infrastructure) over the past couple of weeks, they are very strict about keeping vehicles off the grass no not to churn the grass up unnecessarily. But once the festival starts its sheer volume of people on soft ground and it won’t take long. Last time was a heatwave, the previous 3 times before that was torrential rain and mud, they even stopped the dustbin lorries going around as too many were getting stuck and blocking the way, the rubbish just floated anyway until something stopped it. It was like the slums of some third world country...but I loved it?

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I think it will be muddy, MrRedM has been down there a few times for work ( infrastructure) over the past couple of weeks, they are very strict about keeping vehicles off the grass no not to churn the grass up unnecessarily. But once the festival starts its sheer volume of people on soft ground and it won’t take long. Last time was a heatwave, the previous 3 times before that was torrential rain and mud, they even stopped the dustbin lorries going around as too many were getting stuck and blocking the way, the rubbish just floated anyway until something stopped it. It was like the slums of some third world country...but I loved it?

The ground is rock solid at moment, all the rain we’ve had last weeks has mostly missed it. However the weather for next week is just so up in the air. Could be 30 degrees, could be that plus thunder or it could be damp wet/damp dry and 20 degrees.   It changes every six hours at the mo! 

On 18/06/2019 at 18:11, TomF said:

A lot of people say the walk up the hill is a bit tough but otherwise ok.

The weather forcasts really are all over the shop for next week, not really going to know till the weekend coming if not later.  Could be a muddy one.

Yes it’s a tough climb. You’re not going to pop back in the middle of the day unless you absolutely have to, that’s for sure.

The Worthy View experience probably won’t appeal to those who put the festival vibe before comfort. It’s a bit like a well organised family campsite or a military encampment! Very tidy. But it’s certainly a plus that you have lots of space, nice tents, decent showers etc. 

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It intrigues me that so many people seem to be regulars, when I live within 15 miles but haven’t been able to get a full ticket for years.

Managed to get a Sunday one this year though.

I think it's a numbers game. If you have enough of you going, and they're all committed to buying the tickets on the Sunday, you've got a decent chance. I've been to every Glasto since 2011 (except for 2016 as I went to the Euros) but have never really struggled for tickets. I go in a group of 20 and we're pretty organised and have a system.

This year was a struggle though and I know a lot of people who missed out and they've been going for years. 

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

It intrigues me that so many people seem to be regulars, when I live within 15 miles but haven’t been able to get a full ticket for years.

Managed to get a Sunday one this year though.

Do you just try yourself or team up?  The best trick is to find 5 others who want tickets.  That increases your chances five fold if they all try.  If your group of 6 then exchanges another groups numbers on basis of they’ll try after they’ve got through or vice versa then again you increase chance again.

Next year being the 50th will be brutal I sense, a real fight to get tickets 

Archived