IGNORED

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

RedM

12 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Seems to be some reasonably decent strength rumours going round that Foals are the Park tba on Saturday around tea time 

That could be a busy one. Frank Turner is playing at Strummerville on Thursday night which could help disburse the crowds at Williams Green a little. The past few years have been unbearable! 

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Now the forecast is hot and humid with potentially torrential rain and thunderstorms. Been there, done that.

You need the efestivals weather thread in your life. 

That Saturday night is a bit of a mega clash for me. Would happily have watched killers, wu tang, Chems, hot chip and now Shaun Paul (more for a laugh than due to being a fan)

Got to be chemical brothers for me though as live shows are amazing, new album is good, and they will have loads of cool visuals. 

Got a ticket for hot chip in Bristol later in year to make up for missing them 

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Chems will be the best choice. As we drown under 60mm of rain on the sat ?

Don’t worry mate by this afternoon it’ll be back to 30 degree heat.. 

Trying to ignore the weather thread on Efests, I’ll wait till Countryfile on Sunday before deciding on attire for the week! 

One thing for sure rain or shine we’ll all have a wicked time, although I have to admit I found 2010 harder work than the ones where we’ve had a bit of rain. 

1 hour ago, winterbournered said:

Don’t worry mate by this afternoon it’ll be back to 30 degree heat.. 

Trying to ignore the weather thread on Efests, I’ll wait till Countryfile on Sunday before deciding on attire for the week! 

One thing for sure rain or shine we’ll all have a wicked time, although I have to admit I found 2010 harder work than the ones where we’ve had a bit of rain. 

I've found myself reading GFS and ECM weather models ffs.  It does at least look dry till Friday its just then either low presure wins the day or we party all weekend.

I live for Weds & Thursday though, such great times to have a wonder and get rather intoxicated on fermented apples :D

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

It looks like we've done alright with the forecast. No doubt I'll half sunstroke by midday on Wednesday and ruin the festival! 

Going to be savagely hot, especially Friday.

BRING ON THE CIDER ? 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Oi, and me, but not until tomorrow. How you doing @TomF?

Good, made right decision to hit Gate D so was in by 8:25!

When the sun came out this afternoon good Lord was it hot! There is a nice breeze 

30 minutes ago, TomF said:

Good, made right decision to hit Gate D so was in by 8:25!

When the sun came out this afternoon good Lord was it hot! There is a nice breeze 

Quite a lot of coverage on the local news, they said it was scorching and we all were puzzled as it’s been very windy here and not more than half hour of patchy sunshine, hardly warm never mind scorching. Glasto has its own micro climate it seems! Have fun, been looking on the web cam and big crowds for the bonfire and fireworks. 

Heading down early doors tomorrow (thurs). Like a kid the night before Xmas. Also DaSilva news has put spring in step and I’m hoping I check internet in next couple of days to see Kalas sign too (and Palmer and the guy from Colchester)

i have heard some chat the early park TBA on Saturday May well be vampire weekend. Weird as they are then sub-headlining pyramid on Sunday 

• Admin
48 minutes ago, RedM said:

Masses of people here all looking for drink and shade

I got sunstroke there one year, and got an absolute bollocking off one of the nurses, I looked around the tent was packed.

I asked if everyone in the tent got the same reaction, she said "No" you are the only one in here not drug related !

The whole place and the masses fill me with dread , never had any desire to go there and never will ...somehow a few days sleeping cheek by jowl with total strangers and using the ‘toilet facilities ‘ and joining a 300 yard queue for a shower doesn’t appeal...call me Mr Picky...:yawn:

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I got sunstroke there one year, and got an absolute bollocking off one of the nurses, I looked around the tent was packed.

I asked if everyone in the tent got the same reaction, she said "No" you are the only one in here not drug related !

My fitbit says i already done over 9.5 miles today so i've sat down and despite slapping on sunscreen i'm looking a bit red.

8 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

The whole place and the masses fill me with dread , never had any desire to go there and never will ...somehow a few days sleeping cheek by jowl with total strangers and using the ‘toilet facilities ‘ and joining a 300 yard queue for a shower doesn’t appeal...call me Mr Picky...:yawn:

If you shower at glastonbury, you ain't doin it right! ?

Stormzy is killing it. 

He has done so much for the black community in the past 3 years. Really represented himself and the community so well, showing people they can be whatever they want. 

He will be knighted before he’s 30. Class act. 

Archived