IGNORED

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

RedM

35 minutes ago, Selred said:

Stormzy is killing it. 

He has done so much for the black community in the past 3 years. Really represented himself and the community so well, showing people they can be whatever they want. 

He will be knighted before he’s 30. Class act. 

Steady

I’ve got to say that’s up there with the best I’ve ever seen. I was dragged to see him tonight and was blown away. I’ve never seen so many people who didn’t know/understand someone’s music but be so engaged for a full hour and a half. 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

You can't deny that music in the past was generally way better than it is now. You simply can't. 

I didn’t deny anything.

But you can’t deny that every single generation goes through the same thing. Young people like a type of music, old people hate it.

In 2049 Stormzy will be moaning that the new hot act is crap and music has gone downhill.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I didn’t deny anything.

But you can’t deny that every single generation goes through the same thing. Young people like a type of music, old people hate it.

In 2049 Stormzy will be moaning that the new hot act is crap and music has gone downhill.

It's true that every generation does that, but, taking away what people like or dislike (and that often comes down to what's cool/peer pressure etc), the actual quality of the music has generally gone south. 

P. S. I doubt anyone will have heard of Stormzy in 2049.

I didn’t deny anything.

It's true that every generation does that, but, taking away what people like or dislike (and that often comes down to what's cool/peer pressure etc), the actual quality of the music has generally gone south. 

I didn’t deny anything.

I didn’t deny anything.

It will have to be ******* awful to be worse than him.

Each to his own though, as you say.

I didn’t deny anything.

Agree to a certain extent.

Not too many would claim that the Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc.. aren't any good.

24 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Agree to a certain extent.

Not too many would claim that the Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc.. aren't any good.

Now? Sure most people would say they were good.

At the time those bands came out? Plenty of people would have hated them.

I’m laid up at the moment after an op so have watched a lot of it so far.  Friday was fantastic, great mix of quality acts- Idles, Stormzy, Charlatans, Jon Hopkins, Maribou State, Tame Impala, Interpol, Cat Power.....so much good stuff. But today has been pretty bland so far from what I’ve seen....hopefully Chemical Bros, Hot Chip and Wu Tang Clan will save the day. Have to say that the coverage on BBC is amazing this year. Pretty much all the stages covered and all in HD which makes a huge difference. 

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’m laid up at the moment after an op so have watched a lot of it so far.  Friday was fantastic, great mix of quality acts- Idles, Stormzy, Charlatans, Jon Hopkins, Maribou State, Tame Impala, Interpol, Cat Power.....so much good stuff. But today has been pretty bland so far from what I’ve seen....hopefully Chemical Bros, Hot Chip and Wu Tang Clan will save the day. Have to say that the coverage on BBC is amazing this year. Pretty much all the stages covered and all in HD which makes a huge difference. 

BBC coverage way better than years gone by. Might be the heat but the crowds look a bit more sparse this year?

Idles were unbelievable last night. That set had everything, including Joe in tears at the end. 

Neneh Cherry and Foals I've enjoyed so far today. Can I stay up for Hot Chip? That is the question.

Oh, and the one song they played of Lizzo looked entertaining!

Chemical Brothers: melting faces since 1994. Amazing stuff, the visuals and intensity are off the chart.

All of the main stages seem to be produced to a far, far higher standard this year imo, especially the lighting.

@Kid in the Riot, I hadn't seen Idles before last night despite them being fellow Bristolians. They were absolutely fantastic. Emotional to watch tbh.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

BBC coverage way better than years gone by. Might be the heat but the crowds look a bit more sparse this year?

Idles were unbelievable last night. That set had everything, including Joe in tears at the end. 

Neneh Cherry and Foals I've enjoyed so far today. Can I stay up for Hot Chip? That is the question.

Oh, and the one song they played of Lizzo looked entertaining!

Yeah Lizzo looked great tbf - one of those ‘moments’. Idles were amazing - kicked the absolute shit out of it, really pleased for them. Huge crowd as well - The Park Stage is so so good. Foals I couldn’t really get into.  Thought they were a bit formulaic although I get that’s their style. Chemical Brothers are really good atm, brilliant visuals as well. Hot Chip will be ace - saw them at Trinity a couple of months ago and it was one of the best gigs I’ve seen for a good while. You can do it!  

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Sat at home wishing I was there, although I would have given Stormzy a swerve last night, just not for me and he’s upset Skin from Skunk Anansie.......

A9AF01A6-D1FC-4F0B-A5EC-4383704BBF31.jpeg

What is Skin on about? He said solo act. She doesn’t seem upset to be fair.

Killers are dire tonight. Hand to turn over to Hot Chip.

Got Lizzo’s album today. Very good 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What is Skin on about? He said solo act. She doesn’t seem upset to be fair.

Killers are dire tonight. Hand to turn over to Hot Chip.

Got Lizzo’s album today. Very good 

Originally he said black artist, I think that’s what prompted Skin’s intervention, maybe upset was the wrong word, it’s been a long day rounded off with a few beers, but she was driven to comment.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Originally he said black artist, I think that’s what prompted Skin’s intervention, maybe upset was the wrong word, it’s been a long day rounded off with a few beers, but she was driven to comment.

Certain bands I miss and Skunk Anansie are definitely one of them. 

5 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Playing the 02 Academy in Bristol in August.  Unfortunately (if you don't already have a ticket) the gig has sold out.

Monday night unfortunately so couldn’t buy tickets. Work away a lot.

Used to go to a gig a week and now go to about two a year. Work and kids eh!

Archived