IGNORED

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

RedM

38 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What is Skin on about? He said solo act. She doesn’t seem upset to be fair.

Killers are dire tonight. Hand to turn over to Hot Chip.

Got Lizzo’s album today. Very good 

Don’t think they were dire it’s just we have heard it all before and they haven’t made a decent tune in about 10 year 

Is Glastonbury dead,honest question because obviously people will continually go for the “experience”but last year you had Ed who stunk the gaff out on a Saturday and tonight you had the killers who have been there and done it,last year on the Sunday you had the foos who killed it this year the bloody cure,where is the talent nowadays 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Is Glastonbury dead,honest question because obviously people will continually go for the “experience”but last year you had Ed who stunk the gaff out on a Saturday and tonight you had the killers who have been there and done it,last year on the Sunday you had the foos who killed it this year the bloody cure,where is the talent nowadays 

Unfortunately the pool of bands is indeed weaker than ever. Even just look back at the 90s and what we had. We’re still living off that to some degree. 

That said this year I’ve found more stuff away from the music main stages than ever before and absolute loved it.  However all said and done I do expect next year to be pretty special being the 50th anniversary. 

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Was thinking exactly the same thing. Maybe past its sell by date.

Setting aside chuckling at the irony of the  ‘no borders’ flag attached to the boundary fence - a structure that Trump himself would be proud of - it seems there is an almost endless stream of uninspiring music. 

Never given up before but watching what appears to be Timmy Mallet and  some old blokes dad dancing on the Park Stage while playing some ‘tunes’ has done it for me. 

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd be a bit pissed off though if I'd spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on incredible graphics and some clown from Barry Island kept waving his giant flag in front of them.

Yep the only pisser from where I was stood. Thankfully there seems to be a lot less flag wankers this year.  

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t think they were dire it’s just we have heard it all before and they haven’t made a decent tune in about 10 year 

Yeah it amazes me how people can STILL get so excited about Mr Brightside. Ditto Oasis's Don't Look Back In Anger. 

50 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah it amazes me how people can STILL get so excited about Mr Brightside. Ditto Oasis's Don't Look Back In Anger. 

It’s weird, I’d be happy to never hear Mr Brightside again, but if I went to see The Killers I’d feel cheated if they didn’t play it.

Got to love Marr's deadpan demeanour towards Brandon, no interaction at all. Bizarre of Neil Tennant to come on stage with big parka coat and buttoned up shirt, he must've been melting! Killers got better than longer the set.

Michael Eavis has the pick of bands and acts to play 50th anniversary Glastonbury next year and all those bands and acts are waiting for the phone to ring.

Apart from Love Cats, what else are The Cure going to play?!

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Holy shit. They've just brought the Pet Shop Boys out.

12 hours ago, Northern Red said:

And then Johnny Marr.

Let's hear it for the Pet Shop Boys.... 

Johnny Marr on guitar ….

& Jimmy Carr on …..  erm,  wot ?  Jimmy Carr on The Brush !  ? 

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Got to love Marr's deadpan demeanour towards Brandon, no interaction at all. Bizarre of Neil Tennant to come on stage with big parka coat and buttoned up shirt, he must've been melting! Killers got better than longer the set.

Michael Eavis has the pick of bands and acts to play 50th anniversary Glastonbury next year and all those bands and acts are waiting for the phone to ring.

Apart from Love Cats, what else are The Cure going to play?!

The temps did drop massively last night - went from about 30 degrees at 3pm to 17 by 10pm. I wonder if PSB lined up for next year.. 

12 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Well quite. 

If you asked me to write up a 90 minute set list for the Cure I'm not sure Love Cats would even feature. 

I was at this one. Over 3 hours and not a sniff of Love Cats

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/1989/wembley-arena-london-england-1bd611d4.html

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Can't decide if this is supreme ignorance or supreme trolling....

Just supreme ignorance chap, nothing more. Saw them in '97 i think @ Earls Court, couldn't tell you anything they did. Or since.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Just supreme ignorance chap, nothing more. Saw them in '97 i think @ Earls Court, couldn't tell you anything they did. Or since.

Friday I’m In Love is probably their most famous song, even more well known than Love Cats I’d imagine.

35 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Not a single act at Glastonbury has blown me away

If you were in the field of the other stage last night you’d have truly appreciated the chemical Brothers. It was incredible.

Also Lizzo on West holts. That was something very special. 

2 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Vampire weekend what utter tosh how are they on before the cure?

Sunday evening line up really is poor - so much so I’m back home and decontaminating myself in the bath.  I feel they’ve held back for next year which will be truly mega 

Archived