IGNORED

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

RedM

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

The whole atmosphere of Reading is just atrocious. I had great fun there but the people there really are horrible little b*stards. At Glasto you can quite easily leave campsite furniture out and about, and there is a real community spirit of wanting to help each other and go out of your way to be friendly. Reading is basically the anti-Glasto, people stealing your camping chairs every two minutes and emptying out your cans from your bins in the hope of getting a drop of alcohol from them. Very, very strange.

I never had a bad experience at Reading - although we never camp, a mate lives 5 minutes away - but it is just lots of people watching bands on a few stages in a field.  Glastonbury is so much more. It is a proper festival. It is madness - and that's what makes it good.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I never had a bad experience at Reading - although we never camp, a mate lives 5 minutes away - but it is just lots of people watching bands on a few stages in a field.  Glastonbury is so much more. It is a proper festival. It is madness - and that's what makes it good.

Ah yeah in the arena is fine but the campsites at Reading are just so chavvy. I still love it, you just need to be careful. Glasto is so far ahead of any other festival I've been to though. Probably my favourite place on earth.

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Ah yeah in the arena is fine but the campsites at Reading are just so chavvy. I still love it, you just need to be careful. Glasto is so far ahead of any other festival I've been to though. Probably my favourite place on earth.

Dare I say Oxylers is perhaps the closest you get to reading at Glasto.... and that’s where the biggest mess is come Monday afternoon 

11 hours ago, nebristolred said:

The whole atmosphere of Reading is just atrocious. I had great fun there but the people there really are horrible little b*stards. At Glasto you can quite easily leave campsite furniture out and about, and there is a real community spirit of wanting to help each other and go out of your way to be friendly. Reading is basically the anti-Glasto, people stealing your camping chairs every two minutes and emptying out your cans from your bins in the hope of getting a drop of alcohol from them. Very, very strange.

Don’t recognise this description of it at all 

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’m just about recovering, even now!

Fantastic event as usual. Walking back to our tent at 8:30am Sunday from Shangri la was an experience.

What a place.

Seems mad that its almost a week ago.   Had 4 soaks in the bath this week and still seem slightly broken.  Roll on 2020.

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Seems mad that its almost a week ago.   Had 4 soaks in the bath this week and still seem slightly broken.  Roll on 2020.

Don’t. I’m getting so stressed already. It’s like an addiction, tix will be harder than usual next year, I might have to go into detox! ?

59 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Sorry to revisit the leaving of tents/trash issue. Here's an article from the Danish media on the clean-up at Glastonbury compared with Roskilde which I believe is the biggest festival in Scandinavia:

https://ekstrabladet.dk/roskilde/nyheder/utroligt-festivalmirakel/7706719

It can be translated to English in your browser!

Yep Glasto seems to be leading the way - both Download and Reading/Leeds have banned single use plastic now.  Things aren’t perfect but big strides being made 

Archived