Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
RedM

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

26 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I can't wait now and I'm sat counting down the minutes. It's my sixth Glasto and I'm staying in Worthy view as one of the girls in the group pushed hard for it. Has anyone tried this and what are the showers like? I've never showered at a festival before but now that I have the option, I may as well partake! 

There are parts where it honestly isn't that bad, but equally the big drop toilets are an experience (especially if it gets really warm)

There are hot showers, there are ice cold showers. Flushable loos and a grotty hole in the ground.

Hate to say it all adds to the experience and looking back the better years were the ones where there was torrential rain!

Can remember waking up to a thunder storm one year, with a tricking sound, I thought someone was peeing against my tent, turned out there was a river flowing past the tent, and on further inspection numerous tents / items / people were floating around the bottom of the hill

1 minute ago, phantom said:

There are parts where it honestly isn't that bad, but equally the big drop toilets are an experience (especially if it gets really warm)

There are hot showers, there are ice cold showers. Flushable loos and a grotty hole in the ground.

Hate to say it all adds to the experience and looking back the better years were the ones where there was torrential rain!

Can remember waking up to a thunder storm one year, with a tricking sound, I thought someone was peeing against my tent, turned out there was a river flowing past the tent, and on further inspection numerous tents / items / people were floating around the bottom of the hill

I've been 5 times before but never had the Worthy View experience. I've always loved the atmosphere and convenience of Oxlyers where we've always camped but I'm a little apprehensive of the distance between WV and the rest of the festival. I'm sure it will be alright though! 

5 hours ago, Coppello said:

I've been 5 times before but never had the Worthy View experience. I've always loved the atmosphere and convenience of Oxlyers where we've always camped but I'm a little apprehensive of the distance between WV and the rest of the festival. I'm sure it will be alright though! 

A lot of people say the walk up the hill is a bit tough but otherwise ok.

The weather forcasts really are all over the shop for next week, not really going to know till the weekend coming if not later.  Could be a muddy one.

I think it will be muddy, MrRedM has been down there a few times for work ( infrastructure) over the past couple of weeks, they are very strict about keeping vehicles off the grass no not to churn the grass up unnecessarily. But once the festival starts its sheer volume of people on soft ground and it won’t take long. Last time was a heatwave, the previous 3 times before that was torrential rain and mud, they even stopped the dustbin lorries going around as too many were getting stuck and blocking the way, the rubbish just floated anyway until something stopped it. It was like the slums of some third world country...but I loved it😀

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I think it will be muddy, MrRedM has been down there a few times for work ( infrastructure) over the past couple of weeks, they are very strict about keeping vehicles off the grass no not to churn the grass up unnecessarily. But once the festival starts its sheer volume of people on soft ground and it won’t take long. Last time was a heatwave, the previous 3 times before that was torrential rain and mud, they even stopped the dustbin lorries going around as too many were getting stuck and blocking the way, the rubbish just floated anyway until something stopped it. It was like the slums of some third world country...but I loved it😀

The ground is rock solid at moment, all the rain we’ve had last weeks has mostly missed it. However the weather for next week is just so up in the air. Could be 30 degrees, could be that plus thunder or it could be damp wet/damp dry and 20 degrees.   It changes every six hours at the mo! 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 18:11, TomF said:

A lot of people say the walk up the hill is a bit tough but otherwise ok.

The weather forcasts really are all over the shop for next week, not really going to know till the weekend coming if not later.  Could be a muddy one.

Yes it’s a tough climb. You’re not going to pop back in the middle of the day unless you absolutely have to, that’s for sure.

The Worthy View experience probably won’t appeal to those who put the festival vibe before comfort. It’s a bit like a well organised family campsite or a military encampment! Very tidy. But it’s certainly a plus that you have lots of space, nice tents, decent showers etc. 

• Like 1

It intrigues me that so many people seem to be regulars, when I live within 15 miles but haven’t been able to get a full ticket for years.

Managed to get a Sunday one this year though.

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It intrigues me that so many people seem to be regulars, when I live within 15 miles but haven’t been able to get a full ticket for years.

I think it's a numbers game. If you have enough of you going, and they're all committed to buying the tickets on the Sunday, you've got a decent chance. I've been to every Glasto since 2011 (except for 2016 as I went to the Euros) but have never really struggled for tickets. I go in a group of 20 and we're pretty organised and have a system.

This year was a struggle though and I know a lot of people who missed out and they've been going for years. 

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Do you just try yourself or team up?  The best trick is to find 5 others who want tickets.  That increases your chances five fold if they all try.  If your group of 6 then exchanges another groups numbers on basis of they’ll try after they’ve got through or vice versa then again you increase chance again.

Next year being the 50th will be brutal I sense, a real fight to get tickets 

• Thanks 1

Now the forecast is hot and humid with potentially torrential rain and thunderstorms. Been there, done that.

12 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Seems to be some reasonably decent strength rumours going round that Foals are the Park tba on Saturday around tea time 

That could be a busy one. Frank Turner is playing at Strummerville on Thursday night which could help disburse the crowds at Williams Green a little. The past few years have been unbearable! 

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Now the forecast is hot and humid with potentially torrential rain and thunderstorms. Been there, done that.

You need the efestivals weather thread in your life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That Saturday night is a bit of a mega clash for me. Would happily have watched killers, wu tang, Chems, hot chip and now Shaun Paul (more for a laugh than due to being a fan)

Got to be chemical brothers for me though as live shows are amazing, new album is good, and they will have loads of cool visuals. 

Got a ticket for hot chip in Bristol later in year to make up for missing them 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Chems will be the best choice. As we drown under 60mm of rain on the sat 😫

Don’t worry mate by this afternoon it’ll be back to 30 degree heat.. 

Trying to ignore the weather thread on Efests, I’ll wait till Countryfile on Sunday before deciding on attire for the week! 

One thing for sure rain or shine we’ll all have a wicked time, although I have to admit I found 2010 harder work than the ones where we’ve had a bit of rain. 

1 hour ago, winterbournered said:

Don’t worry mate by this afternoon it’ll be back to 30 degree heat.. 

Trying to ignore the weather thread on Efests, I’ll wait till Countryfile on Sunday before deciding on attire for the week! 

One thing for sure rain or shine we’ll all have a wicked time, although I have to admit I found 2010 harder work than the ones where we’ve had a bit of rain. 

I've found myself reading GFS and ECM weather models ffs.  It does at least look dry till Friday its just then either low presure wins the day or we party all weekend.

I live for Weds & Thursday though, such great times to have a wonder and get rather intoxicated on fermented apples :D

It looks like we've done alright with the forecast. No doubt I'll half sunstroke by midday on Wednesday and ruin the festival! 

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

It looks like we've done alright with the forecast. No doubt I'll half sunstroke by midday on Wednesday and ruin the festival! 

Going to be savagely hot, especially Friday.

BRING ON THE CIDER 🚌 

14 hours ago, Shtanley said:

See you in there gents!

Oi, and me, but not until tomorrow. How you doing @TomF?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Oi, and me, but not until tomorrow. How you doing @TomF?

Good, made right decision to hit Gate D so was in by 8:25!

When the sun came out this afternoon good Lord was it hot! There is a nice breeze 

30 minutes ago, TomF said:

Good, made right decision to hit Gate D so was in by 8:25!

When the sun came out this afternoon good Lord was it hot! There is a nice breeze 

Quite a lot of coverage on the local news, they said it was scorching and we all were puzzled as it’s been very windy here and not more than half hour of patchy sunshine, hardly warm never mind scorching. Glasto has its own micro climate it seems! Have fun, been looking on the web cam and big crowds for the bonfire and fireworks. 

Heading down early doors tomorrow (thurs). Like a kid the night before Xmas. Also DaSilva news has put spring in step and I’m hoping I check internet in next couple of days to see Kalas sign too (and Palmer and the guy from Colchester)

i have heard some chat the early park TBA on Saturday May well be vampire weekend. Weird as they are then sub-headlining pyramid on Sunday 

Masses of people here all looking for drink and shade

48 minutes ago, RedM said:

Masses of people here all looking for drink and shade

I got sunstroke there one year, and got an absolute bollocking off one of the nurses, I looked around the tent was packed.

I asked if everyone in the tent got the same reaction, she said "No" you are the only one in here not drug related !

• Haha 2

The whole place and the masses fill me with dread , never had any desire to go there and never will ...somehow a few days sleeping cheek by jowl with total strangers and using the ‘toilet facilities ‘ and joining a 300 yard queue for a shower doesn’t appeal...call me Mr Picky...:yawn:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I got sunstroke there one year, and got an absolute bollocking off one of the nurses, I looked around the tent was packed.

I asked if everyone in the tent got the same reaction, she said "No" you are the only one in here not drug related !

My fitbit says i already done over 9.5 miles today so i've sat down and despite slapping on sunscreen i'm looking a bit red.

8 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

The whole place and the masses fill me with dread , never had any desire to go there and never will ...somehow a few days sleeping cheek by jowl with total strangers and using the ‘toilet facilities ‘ and joining a 300 yard queue for a shower doesn’t appeal...call me Mr Picky...:yawn:

If you shower at glastonbury, you ain't doin it right! 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Stormzy is killing it. 

He has done so much for the black community in the past 3 years. Really represented himself and the community so well, showing people they can be whatever they want. 

He will be knighted before he’s 30. Class act. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Selred said:

Stormzy is killing it. 

He has done so much for the black community in the past 3 years. Really represented himself and the community so well, showing people they can be whatever they want. 

He will be knighted before he’s 30. Class act. 

Steady

Exceptional. I have been to 14 Glastonburys in the past but am now too old, and that is up there with Radiohead in 95 as the best headline set I've ever seen.

G'wan Big Mike.

• Like 1

I’ve got to say that’s up there with the best I’ve ever seen. I was dragged to see him tonight and was blown away. I’ve never seen so many people who didn’t know/understand someone’s music but be so engaged for a full hour and a half. 

• Like 1

Nope. Emperors clothes and all that.

Last night’s headliners were as attractive as watching Burnley vs Watford. Went to bed after 20 minutes. 

May be I’m getting old. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Nope. Emperors clothes and all that.

Last night’s headliners were as attractive as watching Burnley vs Watford. Went to bed after 20 minutes. 

May be I’m getting old. 

;)

1043F3D8-2EE8-4B98-909D-CFAEEA630F0B.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Steady

What that guy has done for black culture, Grenfell Tower, young people. He’s only 25.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

What that guy has done for black culture, Grenfell Tower, young people. He’s only 25.

Like what though? I find all the media adulation a bit predictable and patronising tbh

I thought Stormzy was ace, definitely took his chance. A field on a farm in Somerset is an odd setting to comment on urban life but he smashed it.

Jon Hopkins looked good too, that definitely works in a field.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

You can't deny that music in the past was generally way better than it is now. You simply can't. 

I didn’t deny anything.

But you can’t deny that every single generation goes through the same thing. Young people like a type of music, old people hate it.

In 2049 Stormzy will be moaning that the new hot act is crap and music has gone downhill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1