Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
RedM

Glastonbury, poster just announced with more artists

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

Thursday night is always the best night for me. Everyone is so happy and up for it and there’s always loads of cool stuff going on. Generally I peak too soon then and then need to come home Sunday morning though!  

Completely agree! I find that when it gets to the Friday I get a bit disappointed the music has started as it's the beginning of the end. We've had a traditional of going to the Brothers Bar by West Holts on the Thursday afternoon but the 7% cider is like rocket fuel. I went to Frank Turner's secret gig at Strummerville that evening and it was fantastic! 

I love Weds and Thurs. Although thurs is just a tad busy walking around that’s my only gripe!  

Another one for the Weds + Thurs crew. They're definitely the best days!

I'm still on my comedown... At least it's not a 2 year wait this time.

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Except they hadn't. As you'd know if you actually went to the event rather than just absorb your opinions second-hand from the trash tabloids.

So all the newspapers, news stations and video footage on BBC/ITV was falsified? 

I have friends part of the clean-up team who've uploaded photos of the field to social media. I'm assuming these photos are also falsified?

4 minutes ago, Undy English said:

So all the newspapers, news stations and video footage on BBC/ITV was falsified? 

I have friends part of the clean-up team who've uploaded photos of the field to social media. I'm assuming these photos are also falsified?

There was rubbish on the Pyramid. Of course there was, it's one of the biggest arenas in the country, playing bands every hour. It's going to happen at any gathering of any kind.

What was falsified is the claim that all of the campsites were ****holes, and also the fact that dozens of media outlets used photos of a messy Pyramid field that were quite clearly not from this year (it's incredibly easy to spot which year it's from).

51 minutes ago, Undy English said:

It was very subjective photos.   They literally took photos after the pyramid stage had emptied.   It wasn't perfect but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the pictures portray. 

Pointless arguing as you clearly won't believe any of us who were there and been previous.

Look forward to you bashing the shit out of Leeds & Reading later in the year when its 100x worse. 

23 minutes ago, TomF said:

It was very subjective photos.   They literally took photos after the pyramid stage had emptied.   It wasn't perfect but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the pictures portray. 

Pointless arguing as you clearly won't believe any of us who were there and been previous.

Look forward to you bashing the shit out of Leeds & Reading later in the year when its 100x worse. 

I have no issue with festivals. I enjoyed watching Glasto on TV & Leeds/Reading highlights on YouTube.

I only take issue with the hypocrisy of thousands at Glasto cheering Attenborough's words about saving the planet, then leave the very field they listened to his speech littered. I'm then told the media coverage of this was subjected/falsified, despite hard evidence pointing to the contrary. 

Clearly touched a nerve with many, so we'll leave it there.

• Like 1

Used to work on a vegetarian and vegan food stall at Glastonbury for several years,

X amount of work for a free ticket and food.

All food sourced.

All environmentally friendly.

Not for profit .. None of it.

Then the bearded one invited the Corporate mean (really fckn mean) fiddler to run the gig.

Quadrupled the pitch price to push people out who'd been there for decades.

If I went there now I'd leave a mess.

Glastonbury is not about being really environmentally friendly and ethical for over decade.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The whole atmosphere of Reading is just atrocious. I had great fun there but the people there really are horrible little b*stards. At Glasto you can quite easily leave campsite furniture out and about, and there is a real community spirit of wanting to help each other and go out of your way to be friendly. Reading is basically the anti-Glasto, people stealing your camping chairs every two minutes and emptying out your cans from your bins in the hope of getting a drop of alcohol from them. Very, very strange.

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

The whole atmosphere of Reading is just atrocious. I had great fun there but the people there really are horrible little b*stards. At Glasto you can quite easily leave campsite furniture out and about, and there is a real community spirit of wanting to help each other and go out of your way to be friendly. Reading is basically the anti-Glasto, people stealing your camping chairs every two minutes and emptying out your cans from your bins in the hope of getting a drop of alcohol from them. Very, very strange.

I never had a bad experience at Reading - although we never camp, a mate lives 5 minutes away - but it is just lots of people watching bands on a few stages in a field.  Glastonbury is so much more. It is a proper festival. It is madness - and that's what makes it good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I never had a bad experience at Reading - although we never camp, a mate lives 5 minutes away - but it is just lots of people watching bands on a few stages in a field.  Glastonbury is so much more. It is a proper festival. It is madness - and that's what makes it good.

Ah yeah in the arena is fine but the campsites at Reading are just so chavvy. I still love it, you just need to be careful. Glasto is so far ahead of any other festival I've been to though. Probably my favourite place on earth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Ah yeah in the arena is fine but the campsites at Reading are just so chavvy. I still love it, you just need to be careful. Glasto is so far ahead of any other festival I've been to though. Probably my favourite place on earth.

Dare I say Oxylers is perhaps the closest you get to reading at Glasto.... and that’s where the biggest mess is come Monday afternoon 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Don’t recognise this description of it at all 

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Don’t recognise this description of it at all 

My last Reading was in 2015 to be fair but I promise I'm not making it up :laugh:

I’m just about recovering, even now!

Fantastic event as usual. Walking back to our tent at 8:30am Sunday from Shangri la was an experience.

What a place.

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’m just about recovering, even now!

Fantastic event as usual. Walking back to our tent at 8:30am Sunday from Shangri la was an experience.

What a place.

Seems mad that its almost a week ago.   Had 4 soaks in the bath this week and still seem slightly broken.  Roll on 2020.

• Like 1

I have only been to Reading once (2013 I think).  Had a great time and everything seemed mostly friendly, but I did get hit on the head by a bottle somebody had thrown into the crowd.  I was unhurt but it wasn't the nicest experience.

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Seems mad that its almost a week ago.   Had 4 soaks in the bath this week and still seem slightly broken.  Roll on 2020.

Don’t. I’m getting so stressed already. It’s like an addiction, tix will be harder than usual next year, I might have to go into detox! 😔

59 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Sorry to revisit the leaving of tents/trash issue. Here's an article from the Danish media on the clean-up at Glastonbury compared with Roskilde which I believe is the biggest festival in Scandinavia:

https://ekstrabladet.dk/roskilde/nyheder/utroligt-festivalmirakel/7706719

It can be translated to English in your browser!

Yep Glasto seems to be leading the way - both Download and Reading/Leeds have banned single use plastic now.  Things aren’t perfect but big strides being made